Windows 10: Can open sites like youtube and facebook but not steam and amazon

Discus and support Can open sites like youtube and facebook but not steam and amazon in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, today I turned on my windows machine after an update yesterday and found that I was having some graphical errors on the log in screen, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nocnoc94, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Can open sites like youtube and facebook but not steam and amazon

Hi guys, today I turned on my windows machine after an update yesterday and found that I was having some graphical errors on the log in screen, and that I can't open sites like steam and amazon but other sites like google and facebook work.

I have tried the network diagnostic tool and it reported everything as fine.

My primary machine is a linux machine where all of these sites are working fine

Anyone having the same issues?

submitted by /u/nocnoc94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nocnoc94, Apr 9, 2021

2. can't connect to sites like amazon twitch steam or even this site with a wired connection

as the title says when a ethernet cable is plugged in i can't access those sites it just gives me an error messege as if i'm not connected to the internet at all but youtube and Internet Speed Test work fine it isn't an issue with the ISP or anything like
    that cause say if i use wi-fi everything works completely fine can connect to the sites listed above now i would just use wi-fi at this point but there is a very specific reason why i want to use a wired connection that's kind of hard to explain if you really
    want to know i'll tell you but either way i would like to try to fix this

Blue JayMarks, Apr 9, 2021
  3. I can't open Amazon site

Hi Sher. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't work and my internet service provider were unable to help or make any suggestions. I have F Secure Safe as my security provider who have advised things look ok with them but I've now found that if I try to
    connect to a web site and F-Secure block it because of content, when I click on "Allow", the page I'm connected to is corrupted to show the "skeleton" appearance I mentioned above. This is what happened when I tried to connect to Amazon and eBay which are
    sites I trust. (If I had any doubt I wouldn't open the site normally). Do you have any more suggestions please?

ChristineCZJ, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Can open sites like youtube and facebook but not steam and amazon

Issue Sharing youtube videos on facebook

Hi,

When I share a youtube video in facebook it shares the mobile version of the video link.

Steps to reproduce:

I share a youtube video in facebook from my windows mobile.

Now using my laptop I login to facebook and try and open the video link that I just posted.The youtube video I shared from my windows phone cannot be opened from any laptop or desktop but only from mobile devices.

I think this is a bug. I am on the lastest update of windows phone.

Thanks

SamsungOmniaW, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Can open sites like youtube and facebook but not steam and amazon

1. Can open sites like youtube and facebook but not steam and amazon - Similar Threads - open sites youtube

2. YouTube site refusing to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube site refusing to connect: HI I am facing problem regarding youtube on my device. I use windows 10. whenever I try to open youtube.com it says that the site refused to connect. when i ran the troubleshooter the following results came. please help me thanks in advanced :...
  3. YouTube site refusing to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube site refusing to connect: HI I am facing problem regarding youtube on my device. I use windows 10. whenever I try to open youtube.com it says that the site refused to connect. when i ran the troubleshooter the following results came. please help me thanks in advanced :...
  4. YouTube site refusing to connect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. can't connect to sites like amazon twitch steam or even this site with a wired connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't connect to sites like amazon twitch steam or even this site with a wired connection: as the title says when a ethernet cable is plugged in i can't access those sites it just gives me an error messege as if i'm not connected to the internet at all but youtube and https://fast.com/ work fine it isn't an issue with the ISP or anything like that cause say if i...
  6. Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading photos to Facebook and other sites: After the most recent Edge update when I try to upload a photo to any site clicking the "browse" or "choose file" box brings up a list of location options instead of going directly to "photos" thumbnails. I am unable to upload a photo....
  7. YouTube and other sites videos do not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    YouTube and other sites videos do not open: Videos do not start. The large white circle just spins around. Using Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-and-other-sites-videos-do-not-open/fa7e78bd-e6dc-4dc2-b3ca-b1bfc30f403d
  8. windows blocking sites i will like to open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows blocking sites i will like to open: why is the new windows 10 blocking every site I will like to open? Can anyone help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-blocking-sites-i-will-like-to-open/20686961-9853-4c24-ba5b-0852791eab8a
  9. Video won't play in Facebook, Amazon Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video won't play in Facebook, Amazon Video: I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. I can't get any video to play on Facebook and Streaming services, have waded through multiple help pages and cannot find a solution....
  10. Viewing video in facebook and youtube

in Browsers and Email
    Viewing video in facebook and youtube: Hi everyone. I've recently started having problems viewing videos in facebook and some on you tube although sound is ok, tried uninstalling flash and re-installing to no avail (running chrome browser). In edge browser videos can be viewed but sound varies between none to...