Windows 10: Can out of date graphics card drivers cause issues?

Discus and support Can out of date graphics card drivers cause issues? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, and i've been experiencing issues such as some graphics not loading and crashes. I had just realised my drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JacobLia, Oct 19, 2018.

1. JacobLia Win User

Can out of date graphics card drivers cause issues?

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, and i've been experiencing issues such as some graphics not loading and crashes. I had just realised my drivers weren't up to date.

Can the issues I've been experiencing be because of out of date drivers, or is there other issues with my graphics card or computer i should be more concerned about?

Thanks

:)

JacobLia, Oct 19, 2018

2. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 19, 2018
  3. Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 19, 2018
  4. Can out of date graphics card drivers cause issues?

Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Can out of date graphics card drivers cause issues?

1. Can out of date graphics card drivers cause issues? - Similar Threads - date graphics card

2. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  3. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  4. Games say my graphic drivers are out of date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games say my graphic drivers are out of date: I just installed star field from the game pass to my pc but when i tried loading it up the game wont make it past the loading screen it will close and give me an error messeage saying something about my graphic drivers are out of date. So I checked to see if i could update...
  5. Games say my graphic drivers are out of date

Games say my graphic drivers are out of date: I just installed star field from the game pass to my pc but when i tried loading it up the game wont make it past the loading screen it will close and give me an error messeage saying something about my graphic drivers are out of date. So I checked to see if i could update...
  6. Had issues with Windows 10 updating with old out of date drivers for my AMD graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had issues with Windows 10 updating with old out of date drivers for my AMD graphics card: yeah there is one thing I do want to say umm I'm not sure what's going on with Microsoft but I probably would recommend you guys downloading the latest version of the graphics card drivers for AMD as well as NVIDIA as well as Intel when it comes to their new graphics cards...
  7. Had issues with Windows 10 updating with old out of date drivers for my AMD graphics card

Had issues with Windows 10 updating with old out of date drivers for my AMD graphics card: yeah there is one thing I do want to say umm I'm not sure what's going on with Microsoft but I probably would recommend you guys downloading the latest version of the graphics card drivers for AMD as well as NVIDIA as well as Intel when it comes to their new graphics cards...
  8. Had issues with Windows 10 updating with old out of date drivers for my AMD graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Graphics driver outdated for Minecraft, but my graphics card is up to date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver outdated for Minecraft, but my graphics card is up to date: As the title says, I keep on getting this error whenever I boot up Minecraft Windows 10 edition, even though my graphics driver is up to date. I've done research on this, and many people seem to be having this problem. I read a forum about it and some people said its because...
  10. Drivers (perhaps graphics card) are causing crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drivers (perhaps graphics card) are causing crashes.: I have delt with this for about a year. It's only in the past 6 months has become a large hassle. My HP EliteBook 8560w is crashing quite frequently. After trying many many drivers, I cannot fix it. I just wiped and reinstalled windows hoping for a change, but none is to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CAN OUT OF DATE GRAPHICS DRIVERS CAUSE PROBLEMS

2. can a out of date graphics card driver cause lag

3. problems with out of date grpahics drivers

4. symptoms of out of date graphics card,
  5. what kind of problems do out of date graphics driver cause,
  6. what problems do out of date drivers cause