Windows 10: Can outlook be online While on metered connection?

Discus and support Can outlook be online While on metered connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Here is my problem. I have set a metered network connection. It is a setting I do not want to change! However, every time I start Outlook, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zee_, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Zee_ Win User

Can outlook be online While on metered connection?

Hello!

Here is my problem. I have set a metered network connection. It is a setting I do not want to change!

However, every time I start Outlook, I need to also press the button "connect anyway" in order to have

my mails checked. Also, no automatic checking works.

My question is this - Can I make Outlook act like normal, even though in Windows it is selected metered connection?
    But the solution should not involve changing my connection to unmetered....

:)

Zee_, Feb 7, 2020

2. OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Steve Fan Win User
    Disable Outlook "Metered Connection" warning

The metered network is a Windows network setting, not Outlook. Unfortunately, you can’t somehow whitelist Outlook for any or all of your connections or prevent Outlook from requesting the network costs before connecting. To bypass this warning, you have to change the “costs” setting for your network connection so it will no longer be a metered network.

See Metered network warning and Outlook not connecting automatically for more details.

Steve Fan, Feb 7, 2020
  4. DH1
    dh1 Win User

Disable Outlook "Metered Connection" warning

I connect to the internet using 4G. I have set the connection to "metered" in Windows 10.

Unfortunately this means Outlook displays a "metered network" warning and will not download mail until I click "Connect anyway".

This setting appears to be per account so I have to click this for each account before Outlook can download mail. Outlook also appears to silently forget the setting periodically.

I can't find any way to turn this off in Outlook.

I have found two other superuser questions Settings that reduce Outlook 2016 data usage on a metered connection, while allowing mail and Outlook 2013 shows a metered connection warning on Windows 7; causes Office updates to fail but these relate to Windows 7 and 8 and don't appear to have been resolved.

To be clear, I would like Windows to consider my connection as "metered" but I would like Outlook to treat it as "unmetered". I do not want to stop using Windows 10 or Outlook.

Appreciate any and all ideas, even if it means writing VBA! Thanks

[Windows 10 Pro, Office 365, Outlook version 1810 (Monthly channel)]

Thema:

1. Can outlook be online While on metered connection? - Similar Threads - outlook online While

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Outlook and Metered Connection?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook and Metered Connection?: Hello. I've only posted here a few times, but I'm sure grateful for this Forum, lots of helpful tips and fixes! And I've been helped when I needed it. I'm using Win 10 Pro, with the 20H2 update. I am current with updates as of 2/9/2021. I have a satellite Internet connection...
  4. Outlook on metered connection

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook on metered connection: My computer is set up for a metered connection because of data limits. When I open outlook to check me mail I get a Metered Network warning (Connect Anyways). Can I have the computer set to metered connection and change something in the registry to let outlook run like its...
  5. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered connection: My wifi says turn off metered connection but when i go to settings the wifi tab does not appear please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/f3e9f6a8-62a2-41b4-955f-ff35086fb242
  6. No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    No method to disable Outlook 365 metered connection warning.: I've been using multiple webmail connections through a browser for years and finally took the plunge to activate all 5 email services using Outlook 365. It's great to finally have all my email services in 1 location and Outlook 365 has some great features but... every time...
  7. Metered Connections

Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  8. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  9. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  10. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...