Windows 10: Can Outlook.pst be copied from an old Win7 to a brand new Win10

Discus and support Can Outlook.pst be copied from an old Win7 to a brand new Win10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Do you have to use the Export/Import vs just copy? I'm going from Outlook 2007 on a Win7 to Outlook 2016 on a new Win10. 159455 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by robls99, Jun 27, 2020.

1. robls99 Win User

Can Outlook.pst be copied from an old Win7 to a brand new Win10

Do you have to use the Export/Import vs just copy?

I'm going from Outlook 2007 on a Win7 to Outlook 2016 on a new Win10.

:)

robls99, Jun 27, 2020
  2. mallomar Win User

Can't copy Outlook.pst file to new Win10 computer

I'm relatively new to Win10. I'm trying to copy my outlook.pst file from my old Win7 computer to the new Win10 computer. Outlook version is 2007, if that matters.

When I try to import the outlook.pst file that I copied over from the old PC, I get this popup message:

"Microsoft Office Outlook

File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file."

So how do I get permission? I'm guessing I need to be an admin (I thought I already was, but I guess I'm not.)

This is my own computer and nobody else uses it. I tried changing the Owner account so I would be an admin, but when I clicked the admin option, the change account option was grayed out. I tried setting up a new account as an admin, but that didn't work
    either.

Can someone please tell me exactly how to make myself an admin? (I'm hoping that will let me access the outlook.pst file.) I just can't figure it out.

Thanks.

mallomar, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Access old WIN7 desktop with (toggle?) access to the new Win10 start screen

I want to be able to access my old WIN7 desktop. Is there a way to do that and still have access to the new Win10 start window? Can that be done without a dual boot? Win7 is not installed but the win7 desktop appears briefly before the win10 start screen
    appears.-Thanks.

AnnCarterYK, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Can Outlook.pst be copied from an old Win7 to a brand new Win10

New build PC w/SSD and new HD + new Win10 Retail usb + old HD with Win10 oem

I was informed that I can not use my current copy of Win10 on my new build because it's OEM. Soooo, I bought ANOTHER copy of Win10 Retail on usb from the Microsoft Store.

Now my question:

I'll install the new copy of Win10 onto my new computer's SSD and will be set to boot from it. All my pics, files, music, etc is on my old HD (along with Win10 oem). Since I'll be booting from the SSD with the new copy of Win10, will it cause problems if
    I simply add the old HD to my new build, to access all my files? Or do I need to painstakingly transfer everything from it to the new HD through a usb?

I won't be able to run both computers at the same time because I'll be using the power supply from the old one.

Any suggestions?

MichaelDeJarnette, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Can Outlook.pst be copied from an old Win7 to a brand new Win10

1. Can Outlook.pst be copied from an old Win7 to a brand new Win10 - Similar Threads - Outlook pst copied

2. MSO Outlook: Copy PST file to 2nd PC, downloads the old emails again

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MSO Outlook: Copy PST file to 2nd PC, downloads the old emails again: I have desktop & laptop PCs. Both run Win10 PRO and Office 365. The desktop is my "master" PC, the laptop a "slave" when away from home, on holiday, etc. I sync the files on my laptop with those on the desktop. The desktop holds in Outlook's .PST files all my emails...
  3. Help with networking new Win10 and old Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with networking new Win10 and old Win7: We've had a wired home network for many years for our 3 Win7 computers and it worked pretty well. About 2 years ago my wife got a new Win10 and a tech guy wired that into out network just fine with my remaining 2 Win7's. About a year ago we lost partial connectivity where the...
  4. Can I use old Win7 key to get Win10 on new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use old Win7 key to get Win10 on new PC?: Back in 2016 I bought Windows 7 Professional. I still have the product key. I used this on my PC at the time to install Windows 7. I then used the free upgrade to move to Windows 10 (Edition: Windows 10 RTM Professional Retail). I'm building a new computer in January and...
  5. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  6. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

in Windows 10 Support
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  7. Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc: I have a newly built pc on which I will install Win 10. My old pc has Win 7 installed. I plan to have the new pc boot UEFI. The old pc is legacy boot (non-UEFI). Q1. Will I be able to just put the old HDDs in the new pc as storage and transfer files (photos, music,...
  8. Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD: Hi all, I am currently running OEM Windows 7 on a HDD, and want to take advantage of the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 (I know it expired in 2016, but I read that you can still do it). Problem is, I have some programs that I still use that I don't have the keys for, so I'd...
  9. Transfering old emails from Outlook 07, Win7 to new win10 build

Transfering old emails from Outlook 07, Win7 to new win10 build: My current build is Windows 10 and have installed MS Outlook 2016 Pro Plus. I have a backup copy of my Outlook 2007 PST file from my previous computer that had Windows 7 Home. In fact, I have my old hard drive with all my MS Office 2007 files on it. My old emails, up to...
  10. Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10: Have moved pst files, templates, Outlook profile and exported customizations. Everything worked great except for my personal settings for Outlook! None of my personal settings i.e. layout settings, Outlook options, colors, fonts, etc were transferred. Am I missing...