Windows 10: Can Overclocking cause micro freezes / stutters?

Discus and support Can Overclocking cause micro freezes / stutters? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my 1500X is OC'D to 4.0ghz and sometimes on the desktop and in games I get the occasional micro freeze where the audio and image goes still for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/d00ddubz, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Can Overclocking cause micro freezes / stutters?

So my 1500X is OC'D to 4.0ghz and sometimes on the desktop and in games I get the occasional micro freeze where the audio and image goes still for about half a second , I was wondering if anyone has had the issue before and if there is a fix for it?

I did a clean install with Windows and it didn't fix anything but I'm assuming it could be my CPU OC.

submitted by /u/d00ddubz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/d00ddubz, Mar 28, 2020
  2. philc43 Win User

'micro stutters' [cbs log included]

Ok now we know you are on the latest version (note: you should update your specs on this site to avoid future confusion) there are a number of threads that have already suggested a number of fixes for stuttering. Try this one and work through the various suggestions.

Windows 10 Stuttering / Freeze

philc43, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Micro stutters when i right click on desktop after windows 10 fall update.

After the update, Whenever i right click on the desktop it micro freezes for a second before listing the options. this did not happen earlier.

windows is also installed on a ssd, so there is no issue with processing speed, it just micro stutters when i right click on the desktop.

please help me out solving the issue.

it really bugs me when everything freezes for a second.

NOTE : before the update this never happened.

s.jinesh02, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Can Overclocking cause micro freezes / stutters?

Micro stutter while playing games

The only game I play is Dark souls 3, which is not a very intensive graphic game. When I start to play, right away, the microstutters starts to happen. It "freezes" microsecond, for every 5 seconds that passes. It's incredibly annoying and ruins the gameplay.
    I heard from other forums that windows 10 sends a large amount of data back to its servers and that is the cause of the micro stutters. So I downloaded the windows tweaker to fix that. It did work a month ago but now with the update that just happened yesterday
    (5/10/16) the stutters will not go away even with the tweak.

Did anyone else find a solution?

PhillipKim101, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Can Overclocking cause micro freezes / stutters?

1. Can Overclocking cause micro freezes / stutters? - Similar Threads - Overclocking cause micro

2. PC micro stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC micro stuttering: My pc has micro stuttering in almost every game, and sometimes i feel like its not smooth even in browser, and i feel like its not giving me the right performance id expect from that pc basically a lot lower fps then the normal, gta 5 lags so much basically no reason, and it...
  3. PC micro stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC micro stuttering: My pc has micro stuttering in almost every game, and sometimes i feel like its not smooth even in browser, and i feel like its not giving me the right performance id expect from that pc basically a lot lower fps then the normal, gta 5 lags so much basically no reason, and it...
  4. micro stutters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    micro stutters: hey guys, i am experiencing micro stutters when watching videos when i enable hardware accelerating in google chrome, firefox and microsoft edge. If i turn hardware acceleration off in all 3 browsers, my videos play flawlessly. it's 2021 and there should not really be any...
  5. Micro stuttering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Micro stuttering: Hey, so I keep getting this micro stuttering issue in Windows 10 every 30-60 seconds or so, it lasts usually for 2-5 seconds and then repeat, issue is the same whether I am sitting with 1 screen connected at desktop with nothing open or playing games with chrome open watching...
  6. micro-lags micro stuttering

micro-lags micro stuttering: Depuis la derniére mise à jour de windows 20h2 190042.985 mon ordinateur souffre de micro lags toutes les minutes sur les vidéos internet, sur lecte-ur et en jeux vidéo .J'ai pour l'instant effectué juste une réparation de windows et le probléme est toujours présent....
  7. Micro-Stuttering in games

Micro-Stuttering in games: im experiencing Micro-Stuttering in games all the time where like my game lags every 3-5 seconds.. as a csgo player that would be so annoying and frustrating whenever im gonna rush rooms or trying to kill a person, i tried rolling back my dedicated graphics card. since i cant...
  8. Micro Stuttering in windows

Micro Stuttering in windows: This week I started experiencing some micro stuttering in a few games of mine I play regularly and thought it was a game issue but after leaving the game I kept having the same problem. I thought it might have been a monitor issue but it happens on all 3 of my monitors and it...
  9. Micro stutters?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Micro stutters?: I got a Dell g7 7588 with a 1060 max q. I just re-installed windows 10 . On my desktop I get small micro stutters, like small hitches in mouse movement. I also record music and those hitches transfer to my recording, thus why I need this fixed. My laptop thermals are...
  10. Forza Motorsport 7 micro-freezing or stuttering

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Motorsport 7 micro-freezing or stuttering: Big problem here. I recently bought the game, eager to play, I almost couldn't finish the first race, as I was suffering from stuttering or micro-freezing problems, regardless of what they call it, making the game unplayable. I researched in several places ways to solve or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. overclock causes stutters

2. stutter freeze