Windows 10: Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Discus and support Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530. I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KesseRasmussen, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Hi

I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530.

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the keyboard and press enter.

After doing so, the device is added to the device list and after (very briefly) being listed as "Connected" it switches to be listed as "Paired".

In this state, the keyboard doesn't respond to any input - even after power cycling it. The keyboard even keeps blinking in the Esc-key as if it's still ready to pair.

I've reset the Bluetooth adapter, run the troubleshooter and made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Nothing helps.

Any good suggestions?

:)

KesseRasmussen, Nov 14, 2018

2. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Hi

I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530.

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the keyboard and press enter.

After doing so, the device is added to the device list and after (very briefly) being listed as "Connected" it switches to be listed as "Paired".

In this state, the keyboard doesn't respond to any input - even after power cycling it. The keyboard even keeps blinking in the Esc-key as if it's still ready to pair.

I've reset the Bluetooth adapter, run the troubleshooter and made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Nothing helps.

Any good suggestions?

KesseRasmussen, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Hi AngelCarrano,

I've had the Bluetooth device uninstalled - rebooted - and re-installed. Absolutely sure that it's the newest driver.

There are no downloadable drivers for the keyboard. It should be supported by default.

Still, the issue remains - I can select to add a new Bluetooth device. From the menu, the device is listed just fine.

When adding the device, I'm even able to type the passkey on the keyboard. It works absolutely fine.

However, after pairing there seems to be no connection and the keyboard is totally unresponsive. All my drivers are up to date and I'm on the latest update of Windows 10.

KesseRasmussen, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected

1. I am using only one keyboard and mouse at a time, which is the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard. I only use an additional mouse and keyboard and check the status of the Bluetooth, when the Microsoft Bluetooth Designer keyboard and mouse is not functioning.

As shown in the picture above, both keyboard and mouse currently functioning appears as connected. Occasionally, when either one or both is not working, the "Connected" wording will be replaced by "Paired", and it will not respond to my command. I have tried
    turning off the bluetooth and turn it on again, but the problem wasn't solved. I have also tried removing the device and re-connect to the bluetooth, which the computer cannot detect the bluetooth device until I changed the batteries. But as I mentioned in
    the last post, I have just changed the batteries for not more than 2 weeks.

2. I did not send the keyboard for replacement in the local store, as I am not sure whether is any warranty provided. I tried registering in Microsoft for warranty, but there is no option available. Besides, the melted part was just the surface as shown
    below, so I don't think it will affect the keyboard.

Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect c702a14e-0d11-4a17-a288-952d41a66392?upload=true.jpg

3. The keyboard error message is as shown below:-

Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect 453acd58-4934-4d32-b8f6-a994a10b3f9d?upload=true.jpg

4. The build of my computer is Microsoft Windows Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.611).

5. I have followed your instruction of step 1, 2 and 4. As the keyboard and mouse is currently functioning, I did not perform step 3.

Hsi NingTing, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

1. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect - Similar Threads - pair Microsoft Designer

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working: [IMG]This post will show you how to fix Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working issue. Microsoft Designer keyboard is a sleek and modern wireless input device designed for a seamless typing experience. But recently, some users have complained that their Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair: Hello,I just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard with the mouse and wanted to connect it with my laptop. The mouse works perfectly fine, but the keyboard is unable to pair.I got the keyboard into the pairing mode and it shows up when I'm searching for new bluetooth...
  4. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair: Hello,I just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard with the mouse and wanted to connect it with my laptop. The mouse works perfectly fine, but the keyboard is unable to pair.I got the keyboard into the pairing mode and it shows up when I'm searching for new bluetooth...
  5. Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.: Hi there,I have an issue with the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Model 1898. The keyboard is showing up as paired but not connected. The BT keyboard is listed under the OTHER DEVICES section, not the INPUT section under SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH & DEVICES > DEVICES.Thus the keyboard...
  6. Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.: Hi there,I have an issue with the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Model 1898. The keyboard is showing up as paired but not connected. The BT keyboard is listed under the OTHER DEVICES section, not the INPUT section under SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH & DEVICES > DEVICES.Thus the keyboard...
  7. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard not pairing with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Bluetooth Keyboard not pairing with Windows 10: Hello, I am having a difficult time attempting to do whatever I can to get my computer to see the Designer keyboard in my Bluetooth available devices pairing list. I got this keyboard at a Goodwill, but I can tell that it is basically brand new, not a single scratch or scuff...
  8. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard no longer able to pair

Designer Bluetooth Keyboard no longer able to pair: Like many others using Windows 10, my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard had intermittent dropouts. I tried updating drivers, tinkering with settings, etc. Finally I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard, as is a standard recommendation. Big mistake!...
  9. Connecting Microsoft Bluetooth Designer Keyboard

Connecting Microsoft Bluetooth Designer Keyboard: After replacing the batteries in my Microsoft Designer Keyboard I am unable to connect to my computer. I have tried connecting to my wife's HP Pavilion and I am using a Surface Pro 3. I press and held the pair button until the esc key blinks white and tried going through the...
  10. Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected

Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected: I bought a Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse about a month ago. I have been consistently facing a problem where out of a sudden the keyboard and/or mouse is not functioning. When I open the bluetooth page, the one which is functioning will show “connected”, while the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft designer keyboard pairing

2. microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard pairing

3. pair microsoft designer keyboard

4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard connect,
  5. designer bluetooth keyboard pair,
  6. microsoft designer keyboar pairing,
  7. how to pair microsoft keyboard designer,
  8. designer bluetooth keyboard windows pairing button,
  9. keypad will pair but not connect,
  10. ms designer keyboard pair key,
  11. microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard not connecting,