Windows 10: Can people with foreign addresses buy anything from the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can people with foreign addresses buy anything from the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just attempted to purchase a digital download of the Windows 10 Pro Operating System from the online Microsoft Store. I followed the procedures for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MitchellXP, May 24, 2019.

1. Can people with foreign addresses buy anything from the Microsoft Store

I just attempted to purchase a digital download of the Windows 10 Pro Operating System from the online Microsoft Store. I followed the procedures for making an online purchase from the Microsoft Store. Everything went smoothly, until right before I was to use PayPal to pay and at that time a web form appeared and informed me that I must enter my Microsoft Profile info. I entered the requested info without a problem until I got to the “STATE” entry which had a dropdown list that listed the fifty (50) states within the United States. I attempted to skip the “STATE” entry because my address is in the Philippines and does not include an American state in its makeup. I then attempted to complete the “COUNTRY” textbox. And that was when I discovered that the “Country” textbox was unresponsive, greyed out, and had “United States” pre-entered. When I tried to submit the web form it was not accepted and I was remained, that I had not completed the “State” entry and, the “STATE” entry is mandatory. My situation: I need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro digital download to make my computer legal; and also have my computer accept and install the updates from Windows Update.

To connect the dots: (1). I purchased a new desktop computer that had Windows10 Pro preinstalled. (2). Apparently, the preinstalled Windows 10 OS is not legal because, the OS will not accept the available Windows Updates, (3). I attempted to purchase a digital download of the OS from the Microsoft Store, (4). I was unable to complete the purchase transaction, because the Profile web form will not accept a foreign address.

The odd thing about that web form is that the same problem has been reoccurring over the years. About four (4) years ago, I purchased the Premium edition of Microsoft Solitaire Collection. I have had the same problem each year when I try to renew the subscription. I will complain to the store and temporarily be able to renew the subscription. I also purchased Office 365 (the web form did not appear when I subscribed to Office 365) this year. I will wager that that pesky web will appear when I attempt to renew Office 365. If everyone that uses Microsoft software and has a foreign address is blocked from making Store purchases by that web form, there must be a huge financial loss for Microsoft. The web form does not appear when I download the freebies. It only appears for purchases. I request some assistance with permanently fixing or eliminating that web form. What am I supposed to do now? HELP!

:)

MitchellXP, May 24, 2019

2. Foreign ip address removal & blocking

I have a list of foreign IP addresses on the command prompt .These seem to have Trojan viruses in them. Is there a program to delete & block these IP addresses & any thing else that might be with them ? Thanks Don

DonaldChadman, May 24, 2019
  3. Foreign Disk

Hi,

You will only lose the data in the Foreign Disk once you convert it to a "Basic Disk" in Disk Management.

To allow the disk to be recognized, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "Disk Management" and click on it.
    • Right-click on the foreign disk and select "Import Foreign Disks..."

Feel free to post back with more information.

Israel Arn, May 24, 2019
  4. Can people with foreign addresses buy anything from the Microsoft Store

Foreign address in the Active connections

I am wondering what is the purpose of the active connection in neststate command.

Can people with foreign addresses buy anything from the Microsoft Store [​IMG]

samerrustom, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Can people with foreign addresses buy anything from the Microsoft Store

1. Can people with foreign addresses buy anything from the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - foreign addresses buy

2. Strange foreign address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange foreign address.: While running the 'netstat' command I noticed a foreign address labelled '103-10-125-148:27020', am I being spied on? If so; what do I do to remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-foreign-address/54fb2695-ef53-4262-9418-3f2ac3529f88
  3. Strange foreign address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange foreign address.: While running the 'netstat' command I noticed a foreign address labelled '103-10-125-148:27020', am I being spied on? If so; what do I do to remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-foreign-address/54fb2695-ef53-4262-9418-3f2ac3529f88
  4. Strange foreign address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not download anything from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not download anything from microsoft store: When I try to download anything from microsoft store it just says an errror occured everytime for months. What can I do I have searched on youtube and here on microsoft support and nothing have worked just fix this....
  6. Unable to buy anything from microsoft store from my debit card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to buy anything from microsoft store from my debit card: Hi Team, I have to purchase from microsoft store a app but its not always shown error on my card details which as per records are correct sometimes it shows incorrect name or card number or CVV but all things are correct. I am fed up of attempting to purchase apps but looks...
  7. Buying from the microsoft store

Buying from the microsoft store: So today i saw that the xbox game pass for pc was only 1 dollar for some reason doesnt show euro and so i thought i would get it but the country/region thing is locked to usa and i live no where near there, i changed my region to estonia my country and it still didnt work,...
  8. I cannot buy anything in Microsoft Store.

I cannot buy anything in Microsoft Store.: Everytime Í try to buy something and I put in my information and all then it gives me an error message saying I need to check my information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-buy-anything-in-microsoft-store/647c51d9-278e-4b3c-b917-708e49d2ac93
  9. IP addresses foreign.

IP addresses foreign.: How to remove foreign IP addresses plus block them from getting back in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-addresses-foreign/e73044bc-15ce-4d25-b29b-61a051181c15"
  10. Foreign IP addresses

Foreign IP addresses: I keep getting calls about how I have foreign IP addresses on my computer. They tell me how to look and I do see them......... But when they want to get on my computer that is a Big NO. How would I get rid of the foreign IP addresses myself??? Thanks for any help Deb...