Windows 10: Can ping, but can't connect!

Discus and support Can ping, but can't connect! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys. From today i can not use TunSafe VPN app anymore and i don't know why! I'm using WARP profile that tutorial is on reddit, when i press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LoneSoul1374, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Can ping, but can't connect!

Hi guys.

From today i can not use TunSafe VPN app anymore and i don't know why!

I'm using WARP profile that tutorial is on reddit, when i press connect button, TunSafe connected and everything is fine also i can get ping from any website! BUT when i try to go to same website it not-respond and stuck at home screen page!

In the corner of screen these:

* Sometimes showing "waiting for <site-name> .... "

* Sometimes showing "Establishing secure connection ... "

I know i should ask in their forum, and i did it but not respond!

So i come here to find someone that maybe have same problem as mine.

:)

LoneSoul1374, Mar 26, 2020

2. Can ping but not browse

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: We need to check the status of the Internet Connection on your computer. Please follow the steps and let us know the status.

Follow the steps:

Step 1: Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows Key + W on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search box and then press
      Enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      view all and select Internet Connections.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Step 2: Perform Network adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all on left panel.
    • Click Network Adapter, new window will popup.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 3: Run a ping test and check if any packets are lost. Refer the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • In Command prompt, type the following command
    • Ping www.msn.com
    • Check if there are any packets are lost.
    Method 2:

Step 1: One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted. If
    you cannot connect to the Internet and you have tried all other methods to resolve the problem, TCP/IP might be causing it.

Let’s reset the winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X together and select
      Command Prompt (admin).
    • Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
    • netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
    • netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)
    • Reboot the computer and check.
    Step2:
    Flush your computer's DNS cache.

• From Start screen, type command prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt
      and choose Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Also I suggest you to refer to the below articles and check if it helps.

Why can't I connect to the Internet?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/cant-connect-internet#1TC=windows-10

Connect to the Internet

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/connect-internet#1TC=windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    COD4 - Ping is always 999

Everytime I try to play on online servers the ping sits at 999 if I connect... The servers that I regulary join (with good pings) do not show in the server list and I have to connect via I.P. It seem that it happens during the week and on the weekends its fine...

Is there a fix for this?

Aceman.au, Mar 26, 2020
  4. oily_17 Win User

Can ping, but can't connect!

internet connection problem- help

If the desktop downstairs is running XP Pro as well,I would check all the setting on it are the same as on yours.

Start in Network Connections and check everything step by step.

If you goto Start >> Run and type CMD

Then type- ping (your router ie:192.168.1.1)

are you able to ping your router?

oily_17, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Can ping, but can't connect!

1. Can ping, but can't connect! - Similar Threads - ping can't connect

2. Print Offline but can be pinged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Offline but can be pinged: HP printer set up as wireless. Local address is 192.168.0.244. Windows 10.Suddenly I could not print from my HP . Windows shows that it is offline but I am able to ping it successfully. Power off and ON printer. Plug and unplug printer. Reboot PC. None of that helped.1. Open...
  3. My new Windows 11 laptop can't ping the wifi gateway, but can ping google.com, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new Windows 11 laptop can't ping the wifi gateway, but can ping google.com, why?: I was trying to sync the VirtualBox VM on the new laptop with my desktop VM, but found they can't talk even though they are on the same wifi. Then when I tried a ping from the laptop Windows command prompt to the wifi gateway, it can't ping it, but if I ping to external...
  4. My new Windows 11 laptop can't ping the wifi gateway, but can ping google.com, why?

My new Windows 11 laptop can't ping the wifi gateway, but can ping google.com, why?: I was trying to sync the VirtualBox VM on the new laptop with my desktop VM, but found they can't talk even though they are on the same wifi. Then when I tried a ping from the laptop Windows command prompt to the wifi gateway, it can't ping it, but if I ping to external...
  5. I can't ping ip.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't ping ip.: Hi Microsoft, i can't ping only this ip, it s public 45.14.236.21, i can ping all ip adresses and this i can t ping, any fix?https://rocsi.i-love-your.pics/⁠‍⁠⁠‍‍⁠‌‍‌⁠⁠‌⁠‍‍‍⁠⁠‌⁠‍‎ the ss...
  6. I can't ping ip.

I can't ping ip.: Hi Microsoft, i can't ping only this ip, it s public 45.14.236.21, i can ping all ip adresses and this i can t ping, any fix?https://rocsi.i-love-your.pics/⁠‍⁠⁠‍‍⁠‌‍‌⁠⁠‌⁠‍‍‍⁠⁠‌⁠‍‎ the ss...
  7. I can't ping ip.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can't ping the second network interface connected to a switch

Can't ping the second network interface connected to a switch: I have configured a second NIC on my PC with a static IP address/default gateway They are correct as I tested them on another machine but I can't ping it's IP from the switch, even though they are directly connected.The first interface is connected to the internet...
  9. Can ping but can't access printer or file sharing

Can ping but can't access printer or file sharing: I'm using Windows 10 pro with the last update on 2 PC at the same network. 1 PC have LaserJet printer and the other one is dot matrix printer. I already install each driver and set for sharing option. - First test, tried to connect from PC 2 with dot matrix printer to...
  10. Connection not working, ping is OK

Connection not working, ping is OK: Hello from France, For about 1 week my internet connection is not working anymore : I can ping any website but I can't browse the internet, neither with Edge, nor Firefox or any other browser. What is strange is that everything seems to work according to the network...