Windows 10: Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

Discus and support Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? So there's a guy who was checking my PC and he asked if my Windows was pirated or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hitesh Karna, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

So there's a guy who was checking my PC and he asked if my Windows was pirated or Official, I said Official, then he asked me for the Product Id, he doesn't know that Product Id and Key aren't the same things, so to fool him I gave him my Product Id, from This Pc properties, which specifies only the versions of Windows I'm using, by the way I'm using Windows 10, now I'm concerned that, if he can use my"Product Id" to activate his Windows or not, 'cause I don't want him to, he just wants a free Official copy of Windows and I can't let that happen. Also I want to tell you guys that my Product is linked with my Gmail Id, so will I be notified that someone is trying to use my product key and activate Windows or has activated so that I can block further more use of my Product key.

Please help!

:)

Hitesh Karna, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Superfly Win User

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? [​IMG]

Superfly, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

1. Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Product used Product

2. Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I retrieve windows 7 product key with product ID?: Hi ,I had a very old laptop which had windows 7 Ultimate system, I forgot to save the product key from my windows 7 and installed windows 10 Pro downloaded from Microsoft website but I still have my product ID from windows 7 ultimate. Is there a way I can retrieve the product...
  3. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  4. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  5. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Activating Windows 10 using product key

Activating Windows 10 using product key: So I got windows 10 for my PC some time ago, but have only recently purchased a product key. Both are official not pirated. Upon opening the activation menu I get this messageI am connected to the internet through wifi yet this error will not go away. It also appears upon...
  7. Windows 10 activation using a product key

Windows 10 activation using a product key: When I bought y laptop a few years ago, it had Windows 8 installed. I later upgraded to Windows 10. The hard drive later crashed and when I replaced it, it had Windows 10 Pro installed, but this is now deactivated. I have since bought a Windows 10 Home Product key but I am...
  8. product key require using my product id

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    product key require using my product id: how can i redeem a product key for 3273587980450 this product id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-require-using-my-product-id/43b04a2c-481a-4f91-b36d-3632d2e9eb63
  9. product key/id

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key/id: Is the product key different from the product id? I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to...
  10. Activation Key & Product ID

Activation Key & Product ID: Where can I find my activation Code in my windows 10 and How could I know its genuine from Microsoft ? and what's mean by Product ID when I click on proprieties on my computer ? Could some one answer my Question...