Windows 10: Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions?

Discus and support Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear all,* Since I find myself increasingly remote working, I find myself increasingly using Quick Assist when providing PC Support* However, any time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveCRF, Apr 30, 2022.

1. SteveCRF Win User

Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions?

Dear all,* Since I find myself increasingly remote working, I find myself increasingly using Quick Assist when providing PC Support* However, any time I action a task using Quick Assist that prompts for Admin permissions on the remote PC, Quick Assist disconnects the connection to the remote PC* Is there a way to overcome or workaround this without having to be onsite?Thanks for any help.Regards,Steve

:)

SteveCRF, Apr 30, 2022

2. Quick assist admin permission

Hello,

I would like to ask, if there is an option where I could enter admin credentials while connected to users computer using Quick assist program? Because currently if I am controlling users computer remotely and an admin prompt appears I would get a black screen
    and pause icon on my side.

P.S. Disabling "Switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation" in GPO is not possible, as it creates security hole.

Thank you,

Evaldas

EvaldasTamasauskas, Apr 30, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Apr 30, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions?

Quick Assist not working

Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions? [​IMG]

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions? - Similar Threads - Quick Assist prevented

2. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist keeps disconnecting.: I see this issue over and over on in community, but each time the chat is locked with no apparent fix. Every time connect to the user with Quick Assist, it disconnects within about 30 seconds. I have windows 11 as does the other users. I really need this for my joy and wish...
  3. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist keeps disconnecting: I am trying to help a co-worker remotely.We both are running Windows 10.We both start Quick Assist I select Help Someone - He selects Needs HelpI get a code and give it to him.He enters the code.I am now connected to his Laptop, but the connection ends automatically after...
  4. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting

Quick Assist keeps disconnecting: I am trying to help a co-worker remotely.We both are running Windows 10.We both start Quick Assist I select Help Someone - He selects Needs HelpI get a code and give it to him.He enters the code.I am now connected to his Laptop, but the connection ends automatically after...
  5. Quick Assist keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions?

Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions?: Dear all,* Since I find myself increasingly remote working, I find myself increasingly using Quick Assist when providing PC Support* However, any time I action a task using Quick Assist that prompts for Admin permissions on the remote PC, Quick Assist disconnects the...
  7. Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Quick Assist be prevented from disconnecting when a PC asks for Admin permissions?: Dear all,* Since I find myself increasingly remote working, I find myself increasingly using Quick Assist when providing PC Support* However, any time I action a task using Quick Assist that prompts for Admin permissions on the remote PC, Quick Assist disconnects the...
  8. Quick Assist and Elevation/Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Assist and Elevation/Permissions: Hello, I am trying to assist a family member with a computer problem remotely using the Quick Assist tool. I set up their computer and my account there has admin privileges, but they do not. When I connect to their computer with Quick Assist, often I need to access...
  9. Quick Assist admin mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Assist admin mode: Is there a way to turn on admin mode when connecting to a remote user that does not have admin rights? The person supplying the assistance should be able to turn on admin rights to correct/assist issues. I've tried the GPO suggestions to no avail....
  10. Quick Assist asking for login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist asking for login: After running Quick Assist then click Give Assistance . A page opens to Sign in to your account and asks me to long in with my username. I'm already logged in to my computer. Then it goes to Microsoft Quick Assist and a blank page. I kept the urls short. I've used Quick...