Windows 10: can RATs also control the computer, to check passwords?

Discus and support can RATs also control the computer, to check passwords? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; by that i mean even if the computer is shut down, the hacker can still use it and do stuff on it such as check saved passwords? submitted by /u/Hedts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hedts, Jun 19, 2020.

1. /u/Hedts Win User

can RATs also control the computer, to check passwords?

by that i mean even if the computer is shut down, the hacker can still use it and do stuff on it such as check saved passwords?

submitted by /u/Hedts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hedts, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Boffins control a rat via Computer Brain

Controllable rats. Yeah, scary.

Just imagine if it can be applied to humans

This is a positive part but I definitely can imagine some horrible things as well.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/cyborg-rat-computerized-brain-110928.html

Drone, Jun 19, 2020
  3. How to Remove RAT

I'm not sure if these Revenge-RAT v0.3 file detections have anything to do with what you are having:

What is this exe file? Is this file safe? Check here

When you're clicking on the red "Not trusted" you'll see more details and also links to respective VirusTotal scans.

Suggestion to run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, see item 3 here:
    List of Malware Removal Tools

Perhaps it's best to ask for free expert help in a specialized forum, see i.e. here:

Might be best to do a clean reinstall, please do read through
    this
    thread.

Jsssssssss, Jun 19, 2020
  4. can RATs also control the computer, to check passwords?

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

can RATs also control the computer, to check passwords?

1. can RATs also control the computer, to check passwords? - Similar Threads - RATs control computer

2. Possible RAT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible RAT: Hello,I am just now questioning that a RAT may still be in my computer, on the 12th of Feb I had a RAT that had gained access to my computer and stole all my passwords and sent it in an email to me, I thought I had deleted it but today I recieved an email from Sony where...
  3. Possible RAT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible RAT: Hello,I am just now questioning that a RAT may still be in my computer, on the 12th of Feb I had a RAT that had gained access to my computer and stole all my passwords and sent it in an email to me, I thought I had deleted it but today I recieved an email from Sony where...
  4. Possible RAT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can not login on a new computer. How can I disable the password I also tried to restore...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can not login on a new computer. How can I disable the password I also tried to restore...: How can I restore factory settings with no password. I have admin password but I can’t get logged in to windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-login-on-a-new-computer-how-can-i/1a5b1c37-8f08-492b-b391-fe01090885a2
  6. I can not login on a new computer. How can I disable the password I also tried to restore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not login on a new computer. How can I disable the password I also tried to restore...: How can I restore factory settings with no password. I have admin password but I can’t get logged in to windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-login-on-a-new-computer-how-can-i/1a5b1c37-8f08-492b-b391-fe01090885a2
  7. ratting

ratting: So my old pc was ratted so I factory rest it 2-3 times and ran malware bytes and it still seems to be ratted is there anything I can do to make sure that its 100% off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ratting/8a0a6945-d64e-4739-bc25-99c63a436242
  8. RAT virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAT virus: Hey guys, earlier yesterday i believe my pc got infected by a RAT keylogger from something i downloaded and ended up crashing a game of mine and stealing everything in it by bypassing 2 factor authentication and a pin i had. Reasons why im pretty sure its a RAT: 1.) I use...
  9. Can I be 100% sure the RAT is gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I be 100% sure the RAT is gone?: So I had a RAT on my pc and i did a fresh reinstall of windows. the only thing is that i used the infected pc the create the usb. can i still be 100% sure its gone? ive seen some really deep keyloggers, is that enough? submitted by /u/Hedts [link] [comments]...
  10. Password Check

Password Check: Hi I got a message from Chrome that there had been a data breach and that I should check my Passwords, see attached file, I selected Check and was asked to enter my Windows Password, which I did and got a message that there was nothing wrong. Did I do the wrong thing and...