Windows 10: Can receive, but can't send email in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7

Discus and support Can receive, but can't send email in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; A friend has a problem where Outlook 2010 can receive email, but cannot send email (on Windows 7). She has an AOL account configured to use IMAP. At... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Victek, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Victek Win User

Can receive, but can't send email in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7

A friend has a problem where Outlook 2010 can receive email, but cannot send email (on Windows 7). She has an AOL account configured to use IMAP. At first it wouldn't receive or send. After we got a "third party app" password it started to receive email, but it still wouldn't send. We could log into the account in a browser. The email also works on her phone. I've already checked the security and port number settings. Any thoughts about how to fix this will be appreciated.

:)

Victek, Jun 12, 2021
  2. greenfx Win User

Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f

To make more space on the C: drive, I moved onedrive folder to another another drive. Didn't realize that the pst file is residing under onedrive. I linked the outlook 2010 data file to the new location of pst file but cannot send or receive emails.

Keep on getting outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f error.

Can somebody guide pls ? Thanks !

greenfx, Jun 12, 2021
  3. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method. Contact your ISP for assistance". I contacted them and they had no idea why nor had any other trouble calls with the win 10 install. I have accomplished one time the SFC/scannow with negative results. any help would be appreciated

**SOLVED** After much research, I found that the ports assigned for incoming were set at 995, which the default for email is port 110. steps to solve were opening outlook, 1. clicking on file tab, 2. in info tab select account and social network settings, 3. select account settings, 4. select current email profile, 5. select change, 6. select more settings bottom right in window, 7. select the advanced tab (internet email settings), 8. select port 110 as incoming or select default tab, 9. close all and restart, open outlook and click send receive button and mail showed be receive and send.

hockeypuck, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Can receive, but can't send email in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7

Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016 | Laptop Mag

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Can receive, but can't send email in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7

1. Can receive, but can't send email in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 - Similar Threads - receive can't send

2. not able to receive or send email on outlook 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to receive or send email on outlook 365: Have not been able to end or receive email on windows 10 for 3 days nowcan anyone help?Gmail works fine and so please if you send info send to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Outlook can't send but can receive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook can't send but can receive: Windows 20H2 MS Outlook 365 16.0.13901.20276 I had cause to restore my system after a system failure. All was restored OK except MS Outlook 365. After fiddling around for a while I have got all my folders restored and can now successfully receive mail. But I can't send. What...
  4. Can't receive or send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't receive or send emails: Ever since an "Update" on August 7, 2020, I cannot receive or send emails on my Windows 10 computer with Windows Live Email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-or-send-emails/b785d8d0-8379-4d7c-908f-4e3b8832b64a
  5. Can't Receive Emails in Outlook

Can't Receive Emails in Outlook: Yesterday I noticed that I was able to receive emails in Outlook but they will not send. I went into my webmail account and was able to send emails from there - even to myself. When I try to send them from Outlook I receive the following error message: Task *** Email...
  6. CAN'T SEND EMAILS BUT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS OUTLOOK

CAN'T SEND EMAILS BUT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS OUTLOOK: I CAN NOT SEND EMAILS FROM MY OUTLOOK EMAIL BUT I CAN RECEIVE EMAILS FROM ANYWHERE. I'VE CHECKED THE SEVER PORT SETTINGS AND THEY'RE SET TO THE ONLY NUMBERS THAT MAIL CAN EVEN COME IN WHICH ARE INCOMING=143 OUTGOING=587. THESE SETTINGS WERE SENT TO ME BY WOWWAY EXPLAINING...
  7. I can receive email but can't send!! help!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can receive email but can't send!! help!!: i have a brand new Dell computer, got my email accounts set up & receiving emails, no problem. however, when i try to send an email or reply to an email, it goes into the 'outbox' for a moment, then i get a message saying that it's being moved into the draft folder because...
  8. Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply

Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply: I wanted to start to using outlook 2013 for some email with the idea of possibly transitioning to it as my day to day email, rather than my Yahoo web mail account from my ISP. I have MS Office 2013 Pro Plus through my employer, it was a very good deal at the time, only $10, I...
  9. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails: I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method....
  10. Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f

Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f: To make more space on the C: drive, I moved onedrive folder to another another drive. Didn't realize that the pst file is residing under onedrive. I linked the outlook 2010 data file to the new location of pst file but cannot send or receive emails. Keep on getting...