Windows 10: can Reflect cause a booting problem?

Discus and support can Reflect cause a booting problem? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Maybe it's just coincidence, because I've been having a lot of Win10 problems since being forced to upgrade to 19041.1 in March. But I'd just installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bob1212, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Bob1212 Win User

can Reflect cause a booting problem?

Maybe it's just coincidence, because I've been having a lot of Win10 problems since being forced to upgrade to 19041.1 in March. But I'd just installed Macrium Reflect Free and then decided to reboot. I next saw for the first time ever a "stopcode", though I didn't have time to see the actual number. Then it did some things and said it would try a restore. After about a half hour of the spinner and "attempting to repair", it finally went on to boot up.

I did a default install of Reflect, except I checked the box for Hyper-V, because my system does say it detects a virtualization. (Used in Android Studio for virtual phones.)

Is there any chance Reflect caused the problem? Thanks.

From SrtTrail.txt:
    All other tests showed Error code = 0x0

:)

Bob1212, Mar 24, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

can Reflect cause a booting problem? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 24, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 24, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. can Reflect cause a booting problem? - Similar Threads - Reflect cause booting

2. macrium reflect problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    macrium reflect problem: Hi I downloaded the free version of Macrium Reflect v7.3.5925 ages ago and made a system image. Yesterday I decided to make a fresh image only to get an error message and "Failed to create system snapshot. Failed 0x8004230f". I looked on line and it was suggested that I had...
  3. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media boot and display driver problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Rescue Media boot and display driver problem: When I boot rescue media, windows symbol appears after a minute. Is there any way to avoid that delay in booting? When creating rescue media, it does not save my intel hd4000 driver in boot media. Previously I used to add the driver, macrium boot partition before media...
  4. Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect

Problems booting with cloned disk created with Macrium Reflect: I am puzzled by this, I have been using Macrium Reflect for a decade. I have several SSDs in the machine, and I run Macrium Reflect clone this disk option. It creates a perfect image/clone. Except that the disk is not bootable. The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. When I hit...
  5. Boot Media for Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Media for Macrium Reflect: Do I need to make a new cd of the Boot Media for Macrium Reflect every time Macrium Reflect does an update? Thanks for any help. 155006
  6. Cannot boot WinPE, can boot Macrium Reflect USB. ASRock motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot WinPE, can boot Macrium Reflect USB. ASRock motherboard: I created USB bootable repair media. Diskpart tells me that each is MBR formatted, not GPT. These were created on a Win10 machine. One USB contains WinPE alone. I can boot it on my Lenovo Thinkpad, but cannot boot on my desktop that has ASRock H170M Pro4 motherboard. Another...
  7. Macrium Reflect boot menu option

Macrium Reflect boot menu option: Hi, recently started using Reflect, moving away from TrueImage. I'm pretty happy with it so far, except for the outlandish price (yea, I know, free version fine for most but I like to password protect my images). I notice there's an option to put the recovery on the boot...
  8. Reflect Restore UEFI boot from USB problem!

Reflect Restore UEFI boot from USB problem!: Resulting from a bad restore from restore point, I now must restore an image from an external drive currently connected by USB. The Reflect rescue/boot is on a flash drive that is currently plugged into the machine’s USB. The problem: figuring out from the F12...
  9. Macrium Reflect credential problem

Macrium Reflect credential problem: The scheduled, daily image failed the 28 and 29 both with the error couldn't find the *.xml file. The backup had been doing fine for the past 3 or so weeks. Coincidentally, the program didn't recognize the user name or password. The user name was correct and so was the...
  10. Boot Device Not Found + Problem with Reflect restore attempt

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Device Not Found + Problem with Reflect restore attempt: You all likely know this already, but-- When I ran Dban to wipe the drive, the Start command of F10 along the bottom of the screen had no effect. The program just sat there. Fn + F10 worked (after staring at the screen for several minutes pissed ;-) Mark