Windows 10: can resetting my pc while keeping some files wipe out a RAT completely

Discus and support can resetting my pc while keeping some files wipe out a RAT completely in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i had a rat and i reset my pc but i kept some files can the rat still be completely wiped out submitted by /u/Hedts [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hedts, Jun 23, 2020.

1. /u/Hedts Win User

can resetting my pc while keeping some files wipe out a RAT completely

so i had a rat and i reset my pc but i kept some files can the rat still be completely wiped out

submitted by /u/Hedts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hedts, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Google Chrome keeps resetting bookmarks position

Can you list what tasks/steps you've done thus far in your attempt to resolve it?

Have you logged off your profile (if using Sync) and done a complete wipe of the browser?

How about uninstall and then wipe any remaining data?

Do you have another device you can sort on that it works fine or you could test with?

Kursah, Jun 23, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 23, 2020
  4. can resetting my pc while keeping some files wipe out a RAT completely

How to Remove RAT

I'm not sure if these Revenge-RAT v0.3 file detections have anything to do with what you are having:

What is this exe file? Is this file safe? Check here

When you're clicking on the red "Not trusted" you'll see more details and also links to respective VirusTotal scans.

Suggestion to run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, see item 3 here:
    List of Malware Removal Tools

Perhaps it's best to ask for free expert help in a specialized forum, see i.e. here:

Might be best to do a clean reinstall, please do read through
    this
    thread.

Jsssssssss, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

can resetting my pc while keeping some files wipe out a RAT completely

1. can resetting my pc while keeping some files wipe out a RAT completely - Similar Threads - resetting while keeping

2. Can I keep only some certain files when I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I keep only some certain files when I reset my PC?: I only want to keep a music folder and some photo folders.Other than that, I am okay with wiping out everythingIs this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-keep-only-some-certain-files-when-i-reset-my/f2a46263-d204-4764-afd2-8ccce00e01a5
  3. Can I keep only some certain files when I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I keep only some certain files when I reset my PC?: I only want to keep a music folder and some photo folders.Other than that, I am okay with wiping out everythingIs this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-keep-only-some-certain-files-when-i-reset-my/f2a46263-d204-4764-afd2-8ccce00e01a5
  4. Can I keep only some certain files when I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how can i get back windows defender after it got completly wiped out of my pc and the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get back windows defender after it got completly wiped out of my pc and the...: This is what I get after opening the windows security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-windows-defender-after-it-got/98907c6e-69fe-4d95-994d-433e8ec03e24
  6. Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option

Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option: I was wondering, if you select the "Keep my files" option while resetting the PC, what folders does Windows keep on the laptop? And besides that, does Windows wipe everything else other than those folders? Any help is appreciated! :...
  7. Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC: When I updated my Windows PC, all my files disappeared, all my settings got reset, and my PC got reset to default all across the board. Now I need a way to restore what I had on it. I had a file history backup, bit File History wasn't detecting my backup, so I had to manually...
  8. Update to Windows 2004 completely wiped out all my files

Update to Windows 2004 completely wiped out all my files: Windows 2004 installed on my computer and completely wiped all my files. It's as if it did a total reinstall of Windows to factory default - nothing is there but the bare basics. Apps are gone, files are gone. I use Firefox as my browser of choice and it even wiped that....
  9. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

Complete reset/wipe of laptop: Hi i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second usable laptop. i have always had problems with freezing etc. I wish to do a complete and full clear and reset. my query is...
  10. does disabling internet stop a RAT? or how to completely remove a RAT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does disabling internet stop a RAT? or how to completely remove a RAT?: so my pc is infected with a RAT im pretty sure, and i scanned my pc with malwarebytes and it detected some stuff that appears to be the rat. though im not 100% sure if everything is gone. and i heard disabling the internet will stop the hacker from accessing your computer. is...