Windows 10: Can restoring Windows remove registry entry disabilities?

Discus and support Can restoring Windows remove registry entry disabilities? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I disabled clear history on chrome and Microsoft edge, incognito on chrome, and InPrivate on edge, and suddenly days later I see they all have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sequiros, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Sequiros Win User

Can restoring Windows remove registry entry disabilities?

I disabled clear history on chrome and Microsoft edge, incognito on chrome, and InPrivate on edge, and suddenly days later I see they all have been reset, with history cleaned. Do you think the system was restored? Any ideas?

If so, should this entry alone prevent a restore?
    Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore.
    If a DisableSR value doesn't exist, go to the Edit menu, select New, DWORD value, and create the value.
    Set the value to 1 to disable System Restore or 0 to enable System Restore.

Support appreciated. Hoping to secure work pc and am currently trying this Regentry line above to compromise

:)

Sequiros, Jan 26, 2021

2. Trying to disable the Insert key with a Registry edit

Hi Bill,

We appreciate the information that you provided. For us to narrow down your concern with
    disabling the Insert key with a Registry edit, have you tried creating a backup before editing the registry? If yes, we suggest that you restore it back; then, try it again with the correct entry. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 26, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

zbook, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Can restoring Windows remove registry entry disabilities?

How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Can restoring Windows remove registry entry disabilities?

1. Can restoring Windows remove registry entry disabilities? - Similar Threads - restoring remove registry

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. registry entries

registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  6. Is this a normal registry entry and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a normal registry entry and can I delete it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ebojager [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4em36/is_this_a_normal_registry_entry_and_can_i_delete/
  7. Is it safe to remove entries from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it safe to remove entries from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry?: Hello, I have uninstalled TeamViewer and want to make sure there are no leftovers. I noticed that in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry there are the following five folders and sub-folders: - TeamViewer.Application\Curver - TeamViewer.Application.1\CLSID -...
  8. Suspicious Registry Entry. Should I remove it?

Suspicious Registry Entry. Should I remove it?: Hi! Recently, I was tricked into installing a dubious Android emulator called GameLoop. I find it dubious because when it was running, it registered a service that has an string of Asian characters as a name I think Chinese. I just do not like to have any service I don't know...
  9. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  10. Can the Registry restore entries automatically?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can the Registry restore entries automatically?: I changed several fields in the Registry titled "Friendly Name" trying to apply a useful name to my Bluetooth devices. Then I closed the registry editor and restarted my PC. When I viewed the Registry again the names were back to their original names. I've never seen this...