Windows 10: Can Run option be sent to Start Menu?

Discus and support Can Run option be sent to Start Menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Frankly I would like to be able to customise what used to be the Start Menu. I would like to have the run option available as well as the search option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by llanita, Aug 18, 2015.

1. llanita Win User

Can Run option be sent to Start Menu?

Frankly I would like to be able to customise what used to be the Start Menu. I would like to have the run option available as well as the search option to search files/folders etc, as before.

Right clicking on an empty spot in the start menu doesn't give me anything.
    I've looked at tutorials on the search bar, but all I have available is Cortana, and hiding her doesn't give me any other search option. I don't use Cortana because I prefer google. Edge takes a very long time to load for me.

I'd also like to add Paint to the Start menu.

:)

llanita, Aug 18, 2015

2. can i include sent items to be synced to my PDA

I have a sumsung blackjack II, using activesync wirelessly to sync up to our mailsystem... I setup the 4 default folders to sync to my blackjack (inbox, contacts, tasks, etc...), is there a way to add sent items to the list of folders to be synced?

thank you...

rob davis

Rob davis1, Aug 18, 2015
  3. can i include sent items to be synced to my PDA

I did this (previously) and see the tiny green "activesync" icon on top of both the "sent" and "sent items" folders under my yahoo mail.

But my problem is slightly different:

It doesn't save the sent email every time in the sent folder.
    Why would it be intermittent?

Thanks in advance.

Captain_Eric, Aug 18, 2015
  4. graydog Win User

graydog, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    By Default the Run command is on the right-click menu of the Start button. Or as with previous Windows hold down the Windows key and press R. I have located Paint/MSPaint and right-clicked it to choose Pin to Start and Pin to Taskbar.

Berton, Aug 18, 2015
  6. llanita Win User
    Thanks to you both. That helped

llanita, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Did you not know "Run" is built into the search box. Just type in what to run and it will run. Typing in "regedit" brings up "regedit" for example.

logicearth, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

The only thing I don't care for in using Search is sometimes the list of things found is too long when I'm trying to fix things.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Run option be sent to Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Run option sent

2. Window Start Menu is not Showing the Run as Admin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Start Menu is not Showing the Run as Admin option: Whenever I search for an app it shows like this: This didn´t happen before. Before a menu appeared with some options and there was the run as admin option. I´d like to have that menu back. Thanks for any help that you can give regarding this...
  3. Window Start Menu is not Showing the Run as Admin option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Start Menu is not Showing the Run as Admin option: Whenever I search for an app it shows like this: This didn´t happen before. Before a menu appeared with some options and there was the run as admin option. I´d like to have that menu back. Thanks for any help that you can give regarding this...
  4. Window Start Menu is not Showing the Run as Admin option

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen: The options via the Start menu and Login screen are (in order): Sleep Shutdown Restart I'd rather Shutdown be at the bottom to make it simpler to choose it. 161062
  6. Flickering start menu options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flickering start menu options: I just started having this issue a couple days ago and I'm not even sure how to google the issue to even try to fix it. I have tried unplugging my keyboard to see if it was a weird key being held down issue but no luck. Does anyone have an idea what the issue may be? Also...
  7. Apps not running from start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not running from start menu: After a Windows update the apps on the start menú are not running. When I click on them it show a white bar beneat the icon but it does not load or anything. Thank you for your help....
  8. New app options in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    New app options in start menu: On my laptop, my start menu now has a new look with app options. For example, in Outlook, I can navigate straight to New Email Message (see photo attached). However, on my desktop, these options don't appear. I am running the same build of Windows (10.0.17134) on both...
  9. Photo Veiwer On Start Menu Options ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Veiwer On Start Menu Options ?: I went threw all the options I could find. I want the viewer to show pictures like I have them in folder groups not by the date they where downloaded or taking. Is there a way? Its either collection or albums but both are by dates and that not what I want. If not then I will...
  10. Adding Options To Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Options To Start Menu: I don't know about anyone else but I had a plain looking start menu that was tiny with no options. It's easy to fix.. Right Click Taskbar > Click Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customize > Then Add what you like. I was going to make a tutorial on this but it seemed too...