Windows 10: Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?

Discus and support Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Poking around my computer trying to figure this out. submitted by /u/horr1fyinq [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/horr1fyinq, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?

Poking around my computer trying to figure this out.

submitted by /u/horr1fyinq
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/horr1fyinq, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 17, 2020
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Geekoid Win User

Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them?

1. Can scvhost.exe backup files? If so, where can I find them? - Similar Threads - scvhost exe backup

2. Where can I find the icon for text files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where can I find the icon for text files: I'm trying to figure out where the icon for text files are but I cant seem to find them, I'm not sure where abouts the icons are stored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-icon-for-text-files/709928ea-9053-47eb-b2db-d5dc09f75c45
  3. Where can I find the icon for text files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find the icon for text files: I'm trying to figure out where the icon for text files are but I cant seem to find them, I'm not sure where abouts the icons are stored https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-icon-for-text-files/709928ea-9053-47eb-b2db-d5dc09f75c45
  4. Where can I find the icon for text files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  6. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?: i HAVE MY OLD COMPUTER WITH wINDOWS 8.1 AND MY NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10. i HAVE SAVED MANNY E MAILS ON BOTH COMPUER BUT WHERE OR HOW CAN i FIND THEM ON BOTH COMPUTERS?...
  7. WHERE CAN i FIND SAVED FILES?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is there an HDMI driver that can be updated? If so where do I find it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there an HDMI driver that can be updated? If so where do I find it?: Is there an HDMI driver that can be updated? If so where do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-an-hdmi-driver-that-can-be-updated-if-so/0fb019ae-4e37-454f-8d36-56af8abd16cd
  9. Consoleapplicaton1.exe where can i download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consoleapplicaton1.exe where can i download: Need to download above and enquire if Microsoft have a link. If not who would be the best one to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/consoleapplicaton1exe-where-can-i-download/28f231d0-b4ac-4d0f-a8bb-9075383f5403
  10. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.: I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one... Sorry; I'm new around here! I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive won't spin). I have a backup from April but would like to find newer the files if I can! I had upgraded the old one to...