Windows 10: Can Search Open in a new window?

Discus and support Can Search Open in a new window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 10 and the search is terrible. Can't find apps or files and takes forever. Is it possible to get the search to open in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nuasoft, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Nuasoft Win User

Can Search Open in a new window?

I just upgraded from Windows 10 and the search is terrible. Can't find apps or files and takes forever.

Is it possible to get the search to open in a new Windows like I could with Windows 7?

:)

Nuasoft, Aug 24, 2015

2. How to open a Google search in a new tab without closing Facebook?

While engaged with friends on Facebook via Internet Explorer 11, we often want to do a Google or Bing search and then use the info in our ongoing dialog on Facebook. The question is: How to do some web surfing
    without losing our active Facebook connection?

Grandpa Jim, Aug 24, 2015
  3. How to open a Google search in a new tab without closing Facebook?

That's a very helpful suggestion. I tried it and it opened to a Bing search page.

I found this in Windows 10 Inside Out by Ed Bott et al.:

To open a link in a new tab without shifting focus from the current tab, right-click the link and choose Open in New Tab—or hold down Ctrl while you click the link. The new page will be behind your current active page, but you can
    bring it to the top by clicking on the new tab.

To open a link in a new tab and shift focus to the newly opened tab, right-click the link and choose Open in New Window—or hold down Ctrl + Shift and click. The new page will be in front (will become the active page) and your previous page will be in another
    tab.

Another reader might also find this helpful.

Grandpa Jim, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Can Search Open in a new window?

1. Can Search Open in a new window? - Similar Threads - Search Open window

2. Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail - can messages be automatically opened in a new window?: I'm using Windows Mail (the envelope icon) that comes standard with Windows 10 (not the browser based program). When reading mail messages in the Inbox, I'd like to click or double-click on the message and have the message automatically open up in a new window instead of in...
  3. Windows search is oppening on a new window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search is oppening on a new window: I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. So, before my windows search was looking normal, but after my computer coming back from the fatory, the windows came weird. Before when I searched something on the menu, it would look like pic [1], but now it pops up in a different...
  4. can not open new laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can not open new laptop.: We purchased a new laptop for one of our departments and they did not use it right away. The original set up was lost so now we can not log in because no one knows the password. The message (your device is off line) keeps coming up but it shows that the internet is...
  5. Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Can I Force Edge to open Hyperlinks in new Edge Window and not new Tab: I had to bite the bullet and finally leave IE 11 and go with Edge (for a number of reasons). It seems to be much better than when I tried the switch about 2 years ago initially. My question: Is there any way to force EDGE to open any clicked hyperlinks to open in a...
  6. Cortana will not open, run and search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana will not open, run and search: When I click the Cortana icon nothing happens, it will not open so I cannot use it for searching, reminders, etc. How can I deal with this? 57654
  7. Keeping search results open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keeping search results open: Hi, I hope I'm missing something here. Is there a way to keep the search results box open? If click away from the box it closes itself which not what I want to happen. Dave 32360
  8. Windows search not opening folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search not opening folders: Hi everyone, Up until a few days ago when I clicked the windows key and typed C:\projects (or any folder) and clicked enter that location would open. This is no longer working and I have no idea why. I can still open applications but I can't open any folder locations. Is...
  9. Windows 10 Search will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search will not open: Hello, Today my windows search window will not even open. When you click on it nothing happens. Even trying to open search from the windows button does not work. I don't even see the search in the task manager. But in services windows search is running. Any Ideas. Thank...
  10. File explorer problem - searching opens new window

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer problem - searching opens new window: Whenever I start to type in the search field, I never get to finish typing because explorer opens a new window right away after the first character. EDIT: Also, double clicking folders opens a new window as well. 37457