Windows 10: Can Search Open in a new window?

Discus and support Can Search Open in a new window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 10 and the search is terrible. Can't find apps or files and takes forever. Is it possible to get the search to open in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nuasoft, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Nuasoft Win User

Can Search Open in a new window?

I just upgraded from Windows 10 and the search is terrible. Can't find apps or files and takes forever.

Is it possible to get the search to open in a new Windows like I could with Windows 7?

:)

Nuasoft, Aug 24, 2015

2. How to open a Google search in a new tab without closing Facebook?

While engaged with friends on Facebook via Internet Explorer 11, we often want to do a Google or Bing search and then use the info in our ongoing dialog on Facebook. The question is: How to do some web surfing
    without losing our active Facebook connection?

Grandpa Jim, Aug 24, 2015
  3. How to open a Google search in a new tab without closing Facebook?

That's a very helpful suggestion. I tried it and it opened to a Bing search page.

I found this in Windows 10 Inside Out by Ed Bott et al.:

To open a link in a new tab without shifting focus from the current tab, right-click the link and choose Open in New Tab—or hold down Ctrl while you click the link. The new page will be behind your current active page, but you can
    bring it to the top by clicking on the new tab.

To open a link in a new tab and shift focus to the newly opened tab, right-click the link and choose Open in New Window—or hold down Ctrl + Shift and click. The new page will be in front (will become the active page) and your previous page will be in another
    tab.

Another reader might also find this helpful.

Grandpa Jim, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Can Search Open in a new window?

1. Can Search Open in a new window? - Similar Threads - Search Open window

2. Can't open search results in new window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open search results in new window: When using windows search, there is no way to open a result in a new window.Clicking "open file location" goes to the folder of the selection IN THE SEARCH WINDOW, LEAVING THE SEARCH RESULTS PAGEThis loses my search that can take hours, this makes search absolutely useless to...
  3. Can't open search results in new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open search results in new window: When using windows search, there is no way to open a result in a new window.Clicking "open file location" goes to the folder of the selection IN THE SEARCH WINDOW, LEAVING THE SEARCH RESULTS PAGEThis loses my search that can take hours, this makes search absolutely useless to...
  4. Can't open search results in new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  6. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  7. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can not open search in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Can not open search in Windows 10: Hello......I have opened new account pls help me when I click the search button nothing happens..... I saw some people says when they clicks black screen occurs......... But....when I clicked search button nothing happend......nothing opened....... I ran troubleshooter...
  9. can not open new laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can not open new laptop.: We purchased a new laptop for one of our departments and they did not use it right away. The original set up was lost so now we can not log in because no one knows the password. The message (your device is off line) keeps coming up but it shows that the internet is...
  10. File explorer problem - searching opens new window

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer problem - searching opens new window: Whenever I start to type in the search field, I never get to finish typing because explorer opens a new window right away after the first character. EDIT: Also, double clicking folders opens a new window as well. 37457