Windows 10: Can see NAS drive but cannot map it

Discus and support Can see NAS drive but cannot map it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and can see the NAS drive when I click on 'Network' in File Explorer, but when I go to 'This PC' I cannot map the NAS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ramsol175, Jul 29, 2019.

1. ramsol175 Win User

Can see NAS drive but cannot map it

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 and can see the NAS drive when I click on 'Network' in File Explorer, but when I go to 'This PC' I cannot map the NAS.

Becoming very frustrated. It works fine on my other laptop (that I want to get rid of)

:)

ramsol175, Jul 29, 2019

2. Mapping network devices such as NAS drives.

Dear Support,

I am having a massive problem with finding NAS devices on my network so I map them as network drives.

I had not changed any network configurations, but now I do not see my NAS drives in the list under "Network", nor can I map my NAS drives.

My previous mappings are fine and work OK. However, even the drives that were previously mapped that work OK do not appear in the list for the options of mapping network drives now.

I am running Win 10 latest version on an Intel 7th gen CPU, wired Ethernet.

I have checked to see that all my firmware is up to date, including router, NAS, network driver. I have checked that sharing is on, and turned off firewalls, made my network type private. I have searched every forum and technical note, and tried every video
    out there, but I am at the end of my tether with this problem.

The problem seemed to occur after updating Windows. Everything was working fine before, completely flawlessly.

I am basically now completely fed up with the situation, and my only option left is to move all my computers to Linux. The problem has basically cut off access to data I need to work and is costing me money and time. I basically just want to cry as there
    is no solution anywhere that I find. The Windows update has broken my network.

If anyone has any answers, please let me know.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Kind regards, Ben.

Ben_Santos, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Ross_836 Win User
    Map NAS drive Windows 10

I see other people noting this issue but on Windows 10 I am no longer able to log into my NAS drive which is sitting on a WiFi router, I was able to do this easily from Windows 8, but sadly not after the upgrade. The issue seems to be the authentication
    process that Windows 10 wants to use if you try and map the drive. I can see the NAS drive but just not able to log in. It looks like a domain issue. I have had a read of the posts and this seems quite common, but no workable solutions appear to be proposed
    that I can find. Any suggestions?

Ross_836, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Peters48 Win User

RPC error: cannot connect to NAS drive

Since upgrading from Win7(64) to Win10(64), I have been unable to connect to my NAS drive (\\NET_DRIVE). While I can see the drive in windows for mapping a drive, File Explorer and Network Sharing, when I try to map the drive, I get the following error:
    \\NET_DRIVE is not accessible.... A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

• The NAS drive is connected to my WiFi router, not to a remote computer.
    • The user profile I'm using has administrative rights
    • This problem did not occur when running Windows 7. It started when I upgraded to Windows 10
    How can I fix this so I can access my NAS drive?

Peters48, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can see NAS drive but cannot map it - Similar Threads - NAS drive cannot

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. NAS - failed to map newtork drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NAS - failed to map newtork drive: Running W10 Pro - 21H1I have a D-Link DSN-323 2 bay NAS storage deviceConnected by ethernet to my home hub, I use it for backups.It maps the 2 x 1 TB drives as volume Y & Z this was achieved using the 'easy connect utility'Went to add backups last week and both Y&Z did not...
  4. NAS - failed to map newtork drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS - failed to map newtork drive: Running W10 Pro - 21H1I have a D-Link DSN-323 2 bay NAS storage deviceConnected by ethernet to my home hub, I use it for backups.It maps the 2 x 1 TB drives as volume Y & Z this was achieved using the 'easy connect utility'Went to add backups last week and both Y&Z did not...
  5. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  6. Unable to map NAS drive

Unable to map NAS drive: I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties. The NAS drive is...
  7. Cannot map to NAS drive in corporate system

Cannot map to NAS drive in corporate system: Hi everyone - OK. I need a second opinion. *Tongue I have a client who has a PC with W10 Pro that is a corporate system. Therefore, some things are managed by Group Policy. My problem is that the client wants to map a drive to the NAS but can't. Seems that the SMB option...
  8. Not seeing NAS drive

Not seeing NAS drive: Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that...
  9. Can see NAS but cannot access it or mapped shares after recent update

Can see NAS but cannot access it or mapped shares after recent update: My laptop ran a monster update for windows 10 a few days ago and since then I have not been able to connect to my Buffalo Linkstation on my wireless network. I connected to it just fine before and could connect on another laptop the other day that had not yet run the update....
  10. HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS

HELP [MAPPING NETWORK DRIVE]--Cannot Connect to NAS: Going to make this short and to the point. I am on windows 10, tried to map my NAS using map network drive but says "Windows cannot access \\Nas102 check spelling or might be problem with your network. Next, I tried to map a specific folder inside Nas102 and it worked!...