Windows 10: Can see only black screen and cursor after updating

Discus and support Can see only black screen and cursor after updating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating my windows 10 when I restarted my system, it got stuck while booting itself showing status of 14 percent updated. The update status... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RohanMotewar, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Can see only black screen and cursor after updating

After updating my windows 10 when I restarted my system, it got stuck while booting itself showing status of 14 percent updated. The update status didn't changed for about 2 hrs and so I forcefully turned it off. When I restarted ,I was able to see only black screen with cursor on it. I again kept it for few hours hoping it will update on its own if something left out, but that didn't help. Now none of the key is working, even alt+ctrl+del is not working. If I want to turn it off i have to use power button only.

An early response would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

RohanMotewar, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Can see only black screen and cursor after updating

Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Can see only black screen and cursor after updating

1. Can see only black screen and cursor after updating - Similar Threads - black screen cursor

2. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  3. why is my screen black but i can see my cursor after windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my screen black but i can see my cursor after windows update?: I recently wiped my entire pc and had to reinstall all my apps and games, i also needed to update my windows, so i did. it told me to restart my pc and i did, then when i turned it back on it allowed me to type my pc password but went to a black screen and i can only see my...
  4. why is my screen black but i can see my cursor after windows update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my screen black but i can see my cursor after windows update?: I recently wiped my entire pc and had to reinstall all my apps and games, i also needed to update my windows, so i did. it told me to restart my pc and i did, then when i turned it back on it allowed me to type my pc password but went to a black screen and i can only see my...
  5. why is my screen black but i can see my cursor after windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in: Hi there,Recently, i logged in my laptop but after entering pin, it is not displaying desktop and it is displaying black screen only with a cursor. I've tried everything but it ain't working. I hope to receive help for this issue.......
  7. Windows Update - Now Seeing Black Screen with Cursor Only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Now Seeing Black Screen with Cursor Only: Yesterday, 6/11, my computer performed some sort of Windows update.I checked, and it looks like it relates toServicing Stack 10.0.19041.1022Security Update for Package for RollupFixThere were also several drivers that were updated.When I start Windows now, I get a black...
  8. Black screen with cursor only. Happened after last update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen with cursor only. Happened after last update: Im not sure whats going on with my computer but all i see is a black screen with a cursor. It wnt start up and show the usual things. I looked on you tube and none of the solutions they offer work. Can anyone help me please?...
  9. Black Screen with Cursor after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  10. Black screen and cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and cursor only: I have black screen and cursor only Tried opening task manager to run a new task to add in explorer.exe. Task manager then decides to close when i hit run new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 84632

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windows update just see curser