Windows 10: Can see other computers in windows 11, but can't access their drives in file explorer.

Discus and support Can see other computers in windows 11, but can't access their drives in file explorer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; can not access other computer files in file explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RBEBY, Mar 22, 2023.

1. RBEBY Win User

Can see other computers in windows 11, but can't access their drives in file explorer.

can not access other computer files in file explorer.

:)

RBEBY, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2023
  3. justinmreina, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Can see other computers in windows 11, but can't access their drives in file explorer.

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Can see other computers in windows 11, but can't access their drives in file explorer. - Similar Threads - computers can't access

2. File Explorer not seeing Drive or giving access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not seeing Drive or giving access.: Windows 11 - I have a M.2 NVME drive I have just installed in my Dell computer. BIOS reads the drive, and device manager sees the drive and confirms it's there and there are no problems with the drive. However File Explorer does not see the drive and I cannot find a way of...
  3. File Explorer not seeing Drive or giving access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not seeing Drive or giving access.: Windows 11 - I have a M.2 NVME drive I have just installed in my Dell computer. BIOS reads the drive, and device manager sees the drive and confirms it's there and there are no problems with the drive. However File Explorer does not see the drive and I cannot find a way of...
  4. Can see other computers in windows 11, but can't access their drives in file explorer.

Can see other computers in windows 11, but can't access their drives in file explorer.: can not access other computer files in file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-other-computers-in-windows-11-but-cant/7208045f-de42-47cb-bb19-9048cc1e7ff5
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer-other drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer-other drives: In Windows 10 I was able to move files from the hard drive to a USB drive. No copy. Move.In Windows 11 I cannot do this anymore and it is KEY to my documents.Are you going to fix it?...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer-other drives

Windows 11 File Explorer-other drives: In Windows 10 I was able to move files from the hard drive to a USB drive. No copy. Move.In Windows 11 I cannot do this anymore and it is KEY to my documents.Are you going to fix it?...
  7. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  8. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  9. Can't see external drives in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see external drives in File Explorer: I have 3 external disks and none of them are recognised when I plug them in, the usb ports are ok as I can plug any usb drives and use them with no issues. I have used these 3 drives with no problems in the past. I think a Windows 10 update has caused some issues? Please...
  10. can't access network drives on other computers,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't access network drives on other computers,: I'm livid, I have three computers, one running windows 7, one running windows 10 pro and a new one with windows 10 home. I had some trouble but finally was able to make the files available between the windows 10 pro and the windows 7 computer, but this stupid windows 10...