Windows 10: Can see other wifi around me but not mine.

Discus and support Can see other wifi around me but not mine. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just recetly changed my internet from AT&T to Spectrum and I've been loving it. It works great on all my other devices like my phone my laptop and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexLisy, May 16, 2022.

1. AlexLisy Win User

Can see other wifi around me but not mine.

Just recetly changed my internet from AT&T to Spectrum and I've been loving it. It works great on all my other devices like my phone my laptop and my TVs, but not my pc. i need my pc more than anything its got everything I need on it to work. After the switch all my devices updated to the new wifi automatically. But not my pc. Ive done so many things to try and fix it but nothing seems to work. Other wifi networks are showing up near me, but sadly not mine. i dont know what to do I'm begging someone to help me.

:)

AlexLisy, May 16, 2022
  2. SDP_2009 Win User

N97 Mini - setting up email for home WiFi only

• Mine is an N97 Mini.
    • Strange that you can't follow the steps I've suggested. You have not explained where
      exactly "There is no place...". I suggest you try again carefully. The N97 Mini user guide also mentions this for setting up your connectivity preferences. All the apps that use the internet on my phone are now using my home WiFi whenever that's available.

SDP_2009, May 16, 2022
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, May 16, 2022
  4. Can see other wifi around me but not mine.

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Can see other wifi around me but not mine.

1. Can see other wifi around me but not mine. - Similar Threads - wifi around mine

2. I can’t see my internet in my networks but I can see other wifi that isn’t mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t see my internet in my networks but I can see other wifi that isn’t mine: I can’t see my internet in my networks but I am able to see others wifi in the street and I am not able to connect to mine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-internet-in-my-networks-but-i-can/889a5327-7ee0-4e14-935c-b30cadc0629b
  3. I can’t see my internet in my networks but I can see other wifi that isn’t mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t see my internet in my networks but I can see other wifi that isn’t mine: I can’t see my internet in my networks but I am able to see others wifi in the street and I am not able to connect to mine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-internet-in-my-networks-but-i-can/889a5327-7ee0-4e14-935c-b30cadc0629b
  4. I can’t see my internet in my networks but I can see other wifi that isn’t mine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me using win 11

Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me using win 11: Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-own-wireless-network-but-can-see-others/63b50342-227e-48a0-962d-06384bc9d003
  6. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me: Hi all,Seemingly after upgraded my "wireless network" from old version Router to Wifi 6 Router, I cannot see my own "wireless network" listed on my home laptop. I can see all the networks of my neighbors, but not my own "wireless network".Also can see & connect to my...
  7. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me

Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me: Hi all,Seemingly after upgraded my "wireless network" from old version Router to Wifi 6 Router, I cannot see my own "wireless network" listed on my home laptop. I can see all the networks of my neighbors, but not my own "wireless network".Also can see & connect to my...
  8. Can see other wifi around me but not mine.

Can see other wifi around me but not mine.: Just recetly changed my internet from AT&T to Spectrum and I've been loving it. It works great on all my other devices like my phone my laptop and my TVs, but not my pc. i need my pc more than anything its got everything I need on it to work. After the switch all my devices...
  9. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me

Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me: Hi all,Seemingly after last Windows update though I'm not sure I cannot see my own wireless network on my home laptop. I can see all the networks of my neighbors, but not my own. I can see it and connect to my wireless network with my Work laptop. My partner can see it and...
  10. Can't find my wifi, can see other wifi, but not mine. HP Pavilion x360 to Nightwark AX4...

Can't find my wifi, can see other wifi, but not mine. HP Pavilion x360 to Nightwark AX4...: I can find my WIFI, I can see other wifi, but not mine HP Pavilion x360 to a Nighthawk AX4 updated, Windows 10 Home 10.0.16299 build 16299....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot see own wireless network but can see others around me

2. Why can I see other Wi-Fi but not my own?