Windows 10: Can semi-major updates be skipped

Discus and support Can semi-major updates be skipped in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the tool to install Redstone II (version 1703) onto my computers, first I checked to see if any windows or app updates were needed, on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tcman50, Apr 12, 2017.

1. tcman50 Win User

Can semi-major updates be skipped

I downloaded the tool to install Redstone II (version 1703) onto my computers, first I checked to see if any windows or app updates were needed, on my two computers that were used all the time , nothing was needed and used the tool to upgrade to Redstone II (version 1703).

On my other two rarely used computers.. a windows update (version 1607, 10th anniversary update) was needed so I installed that first and then used the tool to install Redstone II.

My question is, did I need to install windows update 1607 first or would it have not been needed and or included in the Redstone II update?

Thanks
    TC

:)

tcman50, Apr 12, 2017
  2. CGJ-PC Win User

Reconnect to Local Account Files and Registry

After semi-major problems, system recovered -- somewhat. However, the Microsoft account is no longer attached to the local files and registry of the original local user. Is there any good way to reconnect? Or is it safer to go back to square one and
    rebuild from scratch?

CGJ-PC, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Lumia 800 xxxxxx12072 Update

As such a minor update some network providers will probably choose to skip it and wait for next major update.

aspergerguy, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Can semi-major updates be skipped

No & no & yes. However, 1607 had some major changes & will not install on some machines. Therefore, if 1607 installs without issue, then 1703 should install without issue. Always best to make an image backup before any major update.

Support for 1507 will be dropped in May.
    Windows 10 release information - current branch, build history

Comp Cmndo, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

Can semi-major updates be skipped

1. Can semi-major updates be skipped - Similar Threads - semi major updates

2. How can I skip Windows update KB5031356

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I skip Windows update KB5031356: How can I skip or avoid Windows update KB5031356.It will not install on my HP Laptop, and every time I try to install it, it fails and then locks my laptop up for hours trying to configure. I want/need other updates but is there any way I can automatically reject or ignore...
  3. How can I skip Windows update KB5031356

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I skip Windows update KB5031356: How can I skip or avoid Windows update KB5031356.It will not install on my HP Laptop, and every time I try to install it, it fails and then locks my laptop up for hours trying to configure. I want/need other updates but is there any way I can automatically reject or ignore...
  4. How can I skip the KB5027215 Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I skip the KB5027215 Windows Update?: HiI have heard numerous concerning reports about the KB5027215 Windows Update causing many problems with Windows 10, including even brinking the Windows Update service itself, and I don't feel the risk is worth it to see if I also receive the same problems with KB5027215 that...
  5. How can I skip the KB5027215 Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I skip the KB5027215 Windows Update?: HiI have heard numerous concerning reports about the KB5027215 Windows Update causing many problems with Windows 10, including even brinking the Windows Update service itself, and I don't feel the risk is worth it to see if I also receive the same problems with KB5027215 that...
  6. How can I skip the KB5027215 Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Semi-Vanity - Memory and updates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Semi-Vanity - Memory and updates: Memory not being read correctly A while back, after a relatively big W update, my memory dropped from 14gb to 8gb. I have 2x4 and 3x2. I noticed because performance sucked. This is an older PC and I don't think the 3x2 is recommended for this board. However! I've used it for...
  8. Major update

in Cortana
    Major update: Has Microsoft deserted cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/major-update/1adf607f-5c1f-4834-bcad-7f6986a25bd8"
  9. Can I install major future updates if I skip one?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I install major future updates if I skip one?: I have had problems with 1803. I tried KB4462919 and KB4346783, both of them cause the start menu to open very slowly. It goes from instant to around 1.5-2 seconds. I have used the Microsoft tool to block those updates. Will I be able to install major future updates or will...
  10. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 Error 0x800703f1