Windows 10: Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012

Discus and support Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I receive and send emails using Windows Live Mail 2012. Those emails are first received at aol.com, then forwarded to my Windows Live Mail 2012... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidPulizzi, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012

I receive and send emails using Windows Live Mail 2012. Those emails are first received at aol.com, then forwarded to my Windows Live Mail 2012 program. As of yesterday, I've been able to send outgoing emails, but no longer receive incoming emails. When I visit my account at aol.com, I see that new emails have arrived, but they are not forwarding to my Windows Live program, as they always have for the past six or seven years. I don't know why. When I hit the "Send/Receive" button on Windows Live, a box appears on my screen that reads: "Checking Inbox for new messages." After a minute, this appears in the box: "Your IMAP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond?" Whether I wait or not, new messages do not arrive. Sometimes a message will appear in the box that reads: "Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details." When I do that, I get this report:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon account. Header download for the Inbox folder did not complete. Could not download new messages from the IMAP server.

Server Response: The server did not respond to their IMAP command before the connection was terminated.

Server: imap.aol.com

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Port 993

Secure (SSL): Yes

So that's where I'm at. In the box, there is a bar that gradually fills in with green as tasks (sending and receiving) are completed. My bar never fills completely. Instead, green proceeds to cover about one-quarter of the bar, but it never goes any further. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DavidPulizzi, Oct 23, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012

Windows 10 Mail App can receive mail but can't send it

I am trying to use the Windows 10 Mail App to send/receive email using my work email account. I am able to successfully receive email but everytime I tried to send a new email, it goes straight to the Outbox and never gets sent.

When I received email initially, I had to accept a certificate. I haven't been prompted to accept a certificate with sending but I suspect that is the hang up.

How can I get the Mail App to send emails?

Zack Macomber, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012

1. Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012 - Similar Threads - send receive mail

2. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  3. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  4. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. W10 Mail will not send or receive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Mail will not send or receive: I had a total H/D failure and reinstalled W10 from M/S downloads site. on a new disk Everything went as expected but in the course of setting up the email "Mail" program I do not know what I did but the program will not do any action asked, The program opens but is blank, I...
  6. W10 Mail will not send or receive

W10 Mail will not send or receive: I had a total H/D failure and reinstalled W10 from M/S downloads site. on a new disk Everything went as expected but in the course of setting up the email "Mail" program I do not know what I did but the program will not do any action asked, The program opens but is blank, I...
  7. Unable to send and receive mails using Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to send and receive mails using Windows Live mail 2012: After the windows update, unable to send and receive mails using Windows Live mail 2012. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-and-receive-mails-using-windows/def4201b-a40b-4206-a0ff-c4f527728c32
  8. Sending e-mail is possible but no e-mails can be received?

in Browsers and Email
    Sending e-mail is possible but no e-mails can be received?: A friend of mine tells me that he can send but not receive email from Yahoo-Mail and that it is probably a server malfunction. What possibilities are there for problem solving or hints / instructions. I also do not know whether he accesses his e-mail program via the...
  9. mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive: mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive. What is the remedy? thanks jp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailoutlook-mail/8fd6a777-8d82-4ca3-9c0a-cb090ddac574
  10. E-mail not sending/receiving

E-mail not sending/receiving: E-mail : Fix Outlook error Ox8004060C during the Send/Receive operation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-not-sendingreceiving/feff0be5-030e-469d-b70f-41808ea9c006

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 outlook wont receive e mail

2. cannot send or receive Windows Mail

3. updated outlook not receiving mail

4. not receiving emails with windows 10,
  5. no new emails in outlook windows 10,
  6. error sending email on windows live mail,
  7. i amnot able to activate my mail box to recieve mail