Windows 10: Can setting up a VM cause damage to main system

Discus and support Can setting up a VM cause damage to main system in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I guess I should rephrase my statement to say that the most you would ever WANT to allocate to a VM running on a 4GB host would be 2G because any more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by paulsalter, Oct 1, 2014.

1. strollin Win User

Can setting up a VM cause damage to main system

I guess I should rephrase my statement to say that the most you would ever WANT to allocate to a VM running on a 4GB host would be 2G because any more than that and the host would be starved for RAM.

strollin, Oct 2, 2014

2. Thanks for replies
    I set the RAM up to use 2GB in the VM and 2 cores for the processor (followed the tutorial for setting win 8 up on the eightforums)

My PC goes to about 85% RAM used when running the VM but everything is working smoothly (just need to have minimum running in main 8 OS though)

paulsalter, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Kari Win User
    Strollin, sorry my post was in no way meant to be anything else than just stating a fact. Last few hours I have been composing a Hyper-V tutorial, it will be ready later today, but here's an extract of that already:

Thema:

Can setting up a VM cause damage to main system

1. Can setting up a VM cause damage to main system - Similar Threads - setting cause damage

2. Bluescreen 0x00000133 caused by VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen 0x00000133 caused by VM: I do get bluescrrens on my Windows 10 22H2 host when ever I make a git clone in side a Virtual mashine I run an this host with virtualalbox. Im not sure if other type of networktrafic is also causing this issue. I can only say that normel web browsing and file transfer is not...
  3. Bluescreen 0x00000133 caused by VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen 0x00000133 caused by VM: I do get bluescrrens on my Windows 10 22H2 host when ever I make a git clone in side a Virtual mashine I run an this host with virtualalbox. Im not sure if other type of networktrafic is also causing this issue. I can only say that normel web browsing and file transfer is not...
  4. Bluescreen 0x00000133 caused by VM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Virus Damage my System and it won't boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Damage my System and it won't boot up: I got a virus on my pc that killed it and it doesn't even power on. Does anyone how to help me fix it?[Original Title: My pc died] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-damage-my-system-and-it-wont-boot-up/37363768-bf4f-4499-90b3-1741f07201e3
  6. Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash.: I have been talking with Sega support for about 3 weeks now about a problem I have been having with a few of my games causing my screen to flash a color and lock up my system forcing me to do a hard reset each time. I have tried reinstalling the Steam launcher and the games...
  7. Damage Caused By Tech Support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Damage Caused By Tech Support: Yesterday morning I had a notification saying that my Windows license was about to expire. I checked the PC, using help boards etc, to check the issue. Everything I checked said, "Windows 10 Pro - Windows is activated, but the message kept returning. I called the Microsoft...
  8. Windows System is Damaged

Windows System is Damaged: I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes on my home PC. I've been receiving pop ups that inform me that my Windows system is damaged. Obviously this is a scam. I've performed full system scans with both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender and both report that my system is...
  9. YOUR SYSTEM IS DAMAGED

YOUR SYSTEM IS DAMAGED: I keep getting this message (SYSTEM WARNING - YOUR WINDOWS SYSTEM IS DAMAGED in a box vaguely resembling Microsoft) advising me that the whole world and my files are being deleted unless I update a damaged Windows 10. Now I am aware this is a scam of sorts but how do I stop...
  10. Alert Pop Up Message - Your Windows System is Damaged

Alert Pop Up Message - Your Windows System is Damaged: Dear Community, I keep getting this pop-up message in my MSN using Microsoft Edge. The pop up states "Your Windows System is Damaged" and requesting payment. It appears it is a virus or malware. My Windows defender has performed full scans with no threats or viruses...