Windows 10: Can/should I disable page file? I have 64GB RAM

Discus and support Can/should I disable page file? I have 64GB RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobatanything, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Can/should I disable page file? I have 64GB RAM

/u/noobatanything, Apr 4, 2021
  2. fryup Win User

disabling page file?

hi guys, have just put 8 gig ram into my pc and have heard that you can disable page filing or something to allow vista to run faster when you have alot of ram? could you guys tells me what this is, pros/cons and if its good idea, how to do it?

cheers

fryup, Apr 4, 2021
  3. RadeonX2 Win User
    disabling page file?

NO, don't remove the paging file even though you have lots of ram to waste on page file is still needed for windows to work properly. Well if you have a 2nd HDD try putting the page file there as far as I know moving the page file in different HDD with no system files on improves performance.

RadeonX2, Apr 4, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Can/should I disable page file? I have 64GB RAM

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Can/should I disable page file? I have 64GB RAM

1. Can/should I disable page file? I have 64GB RAM - Similar Threads - should disable page

2. Should I set this to "no paging file"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I set this to "no paging file"?: Alot of youtuber that I watch said to fix not all amount of memory usable is to set this to "no paging file", but I don't know that will it crash my computer or not. So, should I?...
  3. Should I set this to "no paging file"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I set this to "no paging file"?: Alot of youtuber that I watch said to fix not all amount of memory usable is to set this to "no paging file", but I don't know that will it crash my computer or not. So, should I?...
  4. high page faults in thousands i have 24gb of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high page faults in thousands i have 24gb of ram: hello please help me my page faults are in the thousands and all my programs seem to be the cause discord is about 40%-80% faults on average and other programs usually taking the rest of the faults combined this image was taken about 2-4 minutes after i started discord...
  5. How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?: Recently, my friends on discord have been hearing themselves and my PC audio during calls. When I open up sound devices in control panel, it lists my headset as speakers and believe that this is why the problem is happening (Not sure though please help). I went to device...
  6. Can I / should I delete H2W files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I / should I delete H2W files?: A large files program plainly shows that the files taking up most space on my small storage device C drive are H2W files. There are a dozen of them each taking up 1 GB in the One Drive folder. From what I have read about them it seems that I should delete them to gain the...
  7. Can I Disable video content on web pages?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I Disable video content on web pages?: I am on a metered internet connection with a limited amount of monthly data, so I get disgusted every time I want to read an article on a web page and a video starts downloading automatically. I want to read the article and not watch some stupid video, so I was wondering if...
  8. Should I disable the pagefile?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I disable the pagefile?: Just curious if I have enough memory to disable the pagefile without causing any harm?? [img] I have no idea how this happened! It's an older laptop that hasn't been booted in a year or so. It really has 8 GB of system memory, but apparently, Windows 7 forgot the...
  9. Should I disable Superfetch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable Superfetch?: I know it loads programs to the RAM so they can open faster and actually It doesn't really bother me but I just want to ask - Does it really improve performance that much? My system runs pretty fast, considering its age, and I'm just wondering, will there be a significant...
  10. Should I Disable Paging File On My SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Disable Paging File On My SSD?: Hi, should I disable Page file in my Windows? I have 120GB SSD & I found some articles in the Internet that, paging file should be disabled on SSD. By the way, I have 16GB RAM. 42782