Windows 10: Can Snip & Sketch be removed from Open With context menus?

Discus and support Can Snip & Sketch be removed from Open With context menus? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, I've noticed that whenever I want to open an image file (.jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .ico, ...) to edit it in one of my programs (not just to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wisewiz, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

Can Snip & Sketch be removed from Open With context menus?

Recently, I've noticed that whenever I want to open an image file (.jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .ico, ...) to edit it in one of my programs (not just to view it), and I use the Open With context menu command, where my various image editors are listed, Snip & Sketch is in the list of apps. I can't imagine why I'd want to open one of those with Snip & Sketch with its very limited editing ability, so I've looked in the registry at these file types in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\] to see whether I could eliminate it from the Open With list. Not there. Or, at least, not obviously there. Suggestions for eliminating it, short of uninstalling the program (which I use frequently for TenForums posts)?

:)

Wisewiz, Jul 12, 2021
  2. TTT
    TTT Win User

Capture context menus in Snip & Sketch

In the built in Windows Snipping Tool, if you want to capture context menus that disappear when you move the mouse off of them, you can start a new snip, then press ESC, then expand your context menu, then press Ctrl-PrtScn to trigger a snip of your screen.

In Windows 10 when I open the Snipping Tool I am being reminded that I should use Snip & Sketch instead. But how do you capture the context menus in Snip & Sketch? (ESC then Ctrl-PrtScn does not work.)

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Snip and sketch won't open

Hi

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Choose Apps and find Snip and Sketch in the list of installed Apps

Select that app, click 'Advanced Options' - Reset

When that reset completes, check to see if that App is working . . .

DaveM121, Jul 12, 2021
  4. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Can Snip & Sketch be removed from Open With context menus? - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch removed

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. snip and sketch won't open

snip and sketch won't open: When I try to open my snip and sketch app, it won't open. This is the error code it gives me: "Something happened on our end. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BC6" Does anyone knows how I can get it fixed?...
  5. Snip & Sketch not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not opening: When I'm trying to open snip & sketch it is showing an error that 'you will need an app to open ms-screenclip link'. Please someone help for solving this problem BTW I Have Windows 2004 installed....
  6. Snip & Sketch No Longer Opens

Snip & Sketch No Longer Opens: Hi. Long-time reader, first time poster. Snip & Sketch was working nominally up until sometime recently. That is to say it went something like this: • I'd press *Start+Shift+S and the screenshot overlay would appear • I'd capture what I needed (and curse aloud at the...
  7. Snip and sketch won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch won't open: I click on snip and sketch and it flashes on screen then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-wont-open/f9850093-210c-463b-a91d-5f8960444b12
  8. Removing 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from context menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from context menus: Does anybody know how, if it's eve possible, to remove 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from the context menu for files and folders?! TIA! 36836
  9. Context menus opening to the left

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menus opening to the left: .... instead of to the right, like they're SUPPOSED to. [img] 72316
  10. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons: Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar It is...