Windows 10: can some walk me thru on how to get chrome working

Discus and support can some walk me thru on how to get chrome working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hello - chrome manages by websites and passwords I need Chrome to be working. I had it all set up and then I did the recommended downloads for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BobbiSchreib, Apr 28, 2020.

1. can some walk me thru on how to get chrome working

hello - chrome manages by websites and passwords I need Chrome to be working. I had it all set up and then I did the recommended downloads for Mircosoft and dell and now NOTHING works.

Does Mircosoft have a IT chat. I am not very good at unistalling programs and re-installing

:)

BobbiSchreib, Apr 28, 2020

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

Hi
    RishabhPatel9

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Are you using a USB keyboard or Wireless keyboard?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install Package and Driver.

I would suggest you to go through the article from the manufacturer which talks about
    The hot keys on Notebook are not functioning properly’.Follow
    the step mentioned for Mute/adjust volume.

Method 2: Disable the extensions.

1. Launch Google Chrome and go to settings.
    2. Select Tools> go to Extensions.
    3. Click the ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ link at the bottom of the page.
    4. Search for Google Play Music section.
    5. Change the option from ‘In chrome’ to ‘Global’ and vice versa.

Method 3: Enable Google Chrome.

1. Press ‘Shift+Ctrl+Esc” at the same time on your keyboard, this will open the task manager.
    2. Go to startup Tab, check for Google chrome.
    3. If it is disabled, select the google chrome option and click on
      Enable.

If none of the methods worked, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Google chrome, or Try connecting a different keyboard and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

can some walk me thru on how to get chrome working

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

can some walk me thru on how to get chrome working

1. can some walk me thru on how to get chrome working - Similar Threads - walk thru chrome

2. HAS MICROSOFT AN CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON THAT COULD WALK ME THRU IT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HAS MICROSOFT AN CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON THAT COULD WALK ME THRU IT: IM VERY OLD AND NOT COMPUTER SAVVY. I SAW THIS IN HIDDEN ICONS. IT SAID "REMOTE UTILITIES-HOST" THEN AN LOCAL IP ADDRESS AND ID# WHAT DOES IT MEAN?...
  3. HAS MICROSOFT AN CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON THAT COULD WALK ME THRU IT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAS MICROSOFT AN CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON THAT COULD WALK ME THRU IT: IM VERY OLD AND NOT COMPUTER SAVVY. I SAW THIS IN HIDDEN ICONS. IT SAID "REMOTE UTILITIES-HOST" THEN AN LOCAL IP ADDRESS AND ID# WHAT DOES IT MEAN?...
  4. Weird some keys not working in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird some keys not working in chrome: I have been experiencing the weirdest problem. When using Google Chrome and typing in dialog boxes or web forms, some keys either do not work at all or cause a reaction as if they were some kind of shortcut. As we speak ! I am typing this using an Edge browser without issue....
  5. Weird some keys not working in chrome

Weird some keys not working in chrome: I have been experiencing the weirdest problem. When using Google Chrome and typing in dialog boxes or web forms, some keys either do not work at all or cause a reaction as if they were some kind of shortcut. As we speak ! I am typing this using an Edge browser without issue....
  6. HOW can i get rid of a windows update that killed my audio? please can someone walk me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW can i get rid of a windows update that killed my audio? please can someone walk me...: the update was the one on Aug. 9, 2022 and it says in the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG text of how this update just screwed everything up six ways to Sunday: ...."After installing this update, some Windows devices might have issues with audio not working. Some affected Windows...
  7. HOW can i get rid of a windows update that killed my audio? please can someone walk me...

HOW can i get rid of a windows update that killed my audio? please can someone walk me...: the update was the one on Aug. 9, 2022 and it says in the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG text of how this update just screwed everything up six ways to Sunday: ...."After installing this update, some Windows devices might have issues with audio not working. Some affected Windows...
  8. HOW can i get rid of a windows update that killed my audio? please can someone walk me...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Using Hotmail with windows 10- some emails sent to me will not thru

Using Hotmail with windows 10- some emails sent to me will not thru: Using Hotmail with windows 10 some emails sent to me will not thru * Original title: emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-hotmail-with-windows-10-some-emails-sent-to/6b9ad707-6bf2-4191-853a-258ce3b5d4ee
  10. Can anyone please provide me with some step/step steps telling me how to get to the X410...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can anyone please provide me with some step/step steps telling me how to get to the X410...: Can anyone please provide me with some step/step steps telling me how to get to the X410 GUI that I paid for from the Penguin command line that I also paid for?...