Windows 10: Can someone bypass the security on my stolen surface book 3

Discus and support Can someone bypass the security on my stolen surface book 3 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, My surface book 3 was recently stolen from my home. I had a pin and face recognition set up on start up before you could access the main screen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by V.Terrier, Jun 27, 2020.

1. V.Terrier Win User

Can someone bypass the security on my stolen surface book 3

Hello,

My surface book 3 was recently stolen from my home. I had a pin and face recognition set up on start up before you could access the main screen and I am wondering can this be bypassed by someone, as i have a lot of important information on it. Would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out with this. Thanks.

:)

V.Terrier, Jun 27, 2020

2. What is the recommended best practice for proactively setting the Surface book in case it gets lost

What is the recommended best practice for proactively setting the Surface book in case it gets lost - ie:

• Are there any settings I need to adjust for maximum protection / security (Find my Device is switched on)
    • Any bios setting so people can't hack in to the machine and bypass Windows 10 security?
    • Are there any sounds you can play to help locate it? - similar to iphone

Many thanks

Cheers

Ian

OP - Surface Book Security if lost

Bucklebery, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

Source: September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3 Surface

Brink, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Can someone bypass the security on my stolen surface book 3 - Similar Threads - someone bypass security

2. Can someone advise on the battery health of my refurbished Surface Book 3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone advise on the battery health of my refurbished Surface Book 3?: Here are the details I found on a cmd prompt for battery reports, but I can't interpret them. I've only had it for a few days, but I definitely would never get close to the 17hrs estimated on the reviews for this model. Probably more like 5-6 I'd guess and 2-3 in tablet only...
  3. Can someone advise on the battery health of my refurbished Surface Book 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone advise on the battery health of my refurbished Surface Book 3?: Here are the details I found on a cmd prompt for battery reports, but I can't interpret them. I've only had it for a few days, but I definitely would never get close to the 17hrs estimated on the reviews for this model. Probably more like 5-6 I'd guess and 2-3 in tablet only...
  4. 22H2 and Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 and Surface Book 3: I have a Surface Book 3 running Windows 11 Pro. I have not been able to get a major update since 21H2. Is there a way to force the 22H2 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-and-surface-book-3/02336010-c0e0-47b5-87d5-3f4c91afee53
  5. 22H2 and Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 and Surface Book 3: I have a Surface Book 3 running Windows 11 Pro. I have not been able to get a major update since 21H2. Is there a way to force the 22H2 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-and-surface-book-3/02336010-c0e0-47b5-87d5-3f4c91afee53
  6. Surface Book 3 ICC Profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 3 ICC Profiles: Can someone tell me where I can get the ICC color profiles for Surface Book 3? I have both a 13.5" and a 15". The 15" has them, but the 13.5" does not. Here is what I see for the 15": [IMG] Those profiles are not available on the 13.5", not even listed under All...
  7. Surface Book 3 15" Availability

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 3 15" Availability: Noticed the Surface Book 3 went on sale about a week ago, but the 15" ones are out of stock. I further noticed they are listing the 32gb / 1tb as sold out, but not listing the 32gb/2tb one at all on either Microsoft store or Best Buy. B&H Photo seems both them in-stock. Is...
  8. Detach error with Surface book 3

Detach error with Surface book 3: I just updated my Surface Book 3 with the May 2020 update 2004 and after that every time I click on the detach screen button I receive this error that I should close these apps before detaching. The problem is that the app it wants me to close areall Microsoft preinstalled...
  9. Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility Assistant on Surface Book 3: Hello everyone, I just got a new Surface Book 3 to replace an older 1st generation Book. I'm having problems running Nox Player on the new Surface Book 3, despite the program working perfectly on a desktop and the 1st generation Book. Every time I try to launch Nox...
  10. Surface book 3 Bluetooth

Surface book 3 Bluetooth: My sb3 is having issues with not being "connected" to several bluetooth devices inlcuding the surface pen. The top button will not work but bluetooth settings says "paired" not "connected". This is a common issue byt i have nit been able to find a solution. This issue plus my...