Windows 10: Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

Discus and support Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Reading this TechRadar article, I was startled to see this: As for the features which are no longer under active development, these include the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OsakaWebbie, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

Reading this TechRadar article, I was startled to see this:

As for the features which are no longer under active development, these include the roaming of Taskbar settings (where it’s positioned, whether it auto-hides, and so forth), and Microsoft advises that this capability will be disabled in a future release.

Am I reading this right? The grammar is a little awkward, but it sounds like they are saying that Microsoft is deprecating the ability to move the taskbar to the left or right side of the screen, but I have had my taskbar on the left side instead of the bottom for years, and I think many others have, too. And adjusting the width of the bar also seems like basic, essential functionality. (However, auto-hiding was always a little buggy, so I can imagine that going away.) Surely I'm misunderstanding that sentence... surely...

Can someone shed light on this?

:)

OsakaWebbie, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Lizy297 Win User

how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

Lizy297, Jun 28, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 28, 2019
  4. Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

App window size & position on W10 desktop..

I think I'm having the same problem as you.

Let's say you have two active windows or apps randomly sized and positioned on the desktop. In windows 8.1, if you right-click the taskbar and select "show windows side by side" the two windows would be re-sized and re-positions so they each take up half
    the screen, with one on the left and one on the right. (If you had three open windows, they'd be re-sized to 1/3 of the screen and arranged side by side).

But this isn't working correctly in Windows 10. When you select "side by side" from the taskbar then are reduced to quarter-size and stacked. (You'll not that in the taskbar context menu there is an option for stacking windows, but I'm not selecting that
    -- I'm selecting side by side).

I understand that you can use the "snap" feature to achieve a similar result. But they snap feature requires several extra steps. Plus, it doesn't negate the fact that the "side by side" option in the taskbar context menu is not working properly.

Is that the same problem you're experiencing? I started a threat, but now one has offered any solutions beyond running generic diagnostics which, as usual, do nothing.

Here are some screen shots to illustrate the issue. Let me know if this is your same problem.

There first screen shot shows two randomly sized and positioned windows on the desktop.
    Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away? d926789c-d1c0-496a-be5b-c75fd4d86f02.jpg

AdamPallotto, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

1. Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away? - Similar Threads - someone clarify rumor

2. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  3. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  4. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  5. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Taskbar not going away

Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  7. Taskbar won't go away

Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  8. Taskbar not going away on the bottom screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not going away on the bottom screen: I am trying to start up a game from steam and the taskbar isn't going away, problem is that the taskbar before has gone away but now this time it is not going away at all. Is there any way I can make sure it goes away when I start up the game?...
  9. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  10. Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away: When Microsoft launched the Windows 10 operating system in 2015, it included a Windows Store application designed as a central repository for applications and other offers. One of the main ideas behind Windows 10 was to get users to shift from using Win32 applications -- the...