Windows 10: Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

Discus and support Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Reading this TechRadar article, I was startled to see this: As for the features which are no longer under active development, these include the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OsakaWebbie, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

Reading this TechRadar article, I was startled to see this:

As for the features which are no longer under active development, these include the roaming of Taskbar settings (where it’s positioned, whether it auto-hides, and so forth), and Microsoft advises that this capability will be disabled in a future release.

Am I reading this right? The grammar is a little awkward, but it sounds like they are saying that Microsoft is deprecating the ability to move the taskbar to the left or right side of the screen, but I have had my taskbar on the left side instead of the bottom for years, and I think many others have, too. And adjusting the width of the bar also seems like basic, essential functionality. (However, auto-hiding was always a little buggy, so I can imagine that going away.) Surely I'm misunderstanding that sentence... surely...

Can someone shed light on this?

:)

OsakaWebbie, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Lizy297 Win User

how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

Lizy297, Jun 28, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 28, 2019
  4. Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

App window size & position on W10 desktop..

I think I'm having the same problem as you.

Let's say you have two active windows or apps randomly sized and positioned on the desktop. In windows 8.1, if you right-click the taskbar and select "show windows side by side" the two windows would be re-sized and re-positions so they each take up half
    the screen, with one on the left and one on the right. (If you had three open windows, they'd be re-sized to 1/3 of the screen and arranged side by side).

But this isn't working correctly in Windows 10. When you select "side by side" from the taskbar then are reduced to quarter-size and stacked. (You'll not that in the taskbar context menu there is an option for stacking windows, but I'm not selecting that
    -- I'm selecting side by side).

I understand that you can use the "snap" feature to achieve a similar result. But they snap feature requires several extra steps. Plus, it doesn't negate the fact that the "side by side" option in the taskbar context menu is not working properly.

Is that the same problem you're experiencing? I started a threat, but now one has offered any solutions beyond running generic diagnostics which, as usual, do nothing.

Here are some screen shots to illustrate the issue. Let me know if this is your same problem.

There first screen shot shows two randomly sized and positioned windows on the desktop.
    Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away? d926789c-d1c0-496a-be5b-c75fd4d86f02.jpg

AdamPallotto, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away?

1. Can someone clarify a rumor? Taskbar positioning/sizing going away? - Similar Threads - someone clarify rumor

2. Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Windows 10 Store for Business and Education are going away: When Microsoft launched the Windows 10 operating system in 2015, it included a Windows Store application designed as a central repository for applications and other offers. One of the main ideas behind Windows 10 was to get users to shift from using Win32 applications -- the...
  3. Could someone help clarify some things for me please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could someone help clarify some things for me please?: I’ve got a new pc I’m building arriving today, and I do not own any copy of Windows. I was told i could download the software here onto a flash drive. I have done that, yet I’m apprehensive because nowhere did I have to pay, or get a licensing code or anything. Mind you the...
  4. window size and position

in Windows 10 Customization
    window size and position: HOW IS IT THAT WINDOWS10 CANNOT REMEMBER THE SIZE AND POSITION OF AN OPEN WINDOW/APPLICATION AFTER IT HAS BEEN CLOSED AND THEN RE-OPENED? I've done a quick search that revealed that previous versions of Windows have had the same issue with the system failing to do the...
  5. taskbar hover names wont go away

taskbar hover names wont go away: Hey all So I don't normally have issues with windows but this is persistent and annoying. whenever I hover over a program in my taskbar, it shows the name above it, even after I stop hovering. video here. any help is appreciated as its completely random and I cant fix it....
  6. Gave away my Office 2016 - can someone else use it?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Gave away my Office 2016 - can someone else use it?: I have been using Office already since the 90'ties. After purchasing 365, I gave away my retail CD of Office 2016 to a friend of mine - I won't be using it anymore. Gave him my license key. While I have been using an Outlook account, he always used Gmail. To use Office...
  7. Taskbar position resetting

Taskbar position resetting: So, I recently got a new PC and I've just set everything up. Now, I always like to have my taskbar along the top of my screen, and that was of course one of the first things I did. But whenever I get automatically logged out after being away for too long, the taskbar resets...
  8. App size/position

App size/position: Hi, I recently had a problem with my PC where I had to reset it and I took a photo of my desktop so I can re download everything.[ATTACH] As you can see the icons are miss aligned. Does anyone know a fix to this?...
  9. Making MSN go away.

in Browsers and Email
    Making MSN go away.: So. At the moment, I have no working phone jacks in my house and am therefore throwing money at my neighbour while I wait for a tech to actually show up. This means that while my desktop is online, my HTPC is not: it lives in its own little world connected to my router and a...
  10. printer selection will not go away

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer selection will not go away: hi, I want to delete a printer selection from the print window for example text document File>Print I've deleted it in the window but it comes back. Joe 24465