Windows 10: Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode?

Discus and support Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Starting with build 17735.1000 and continuing through build 17763.1, when I am in Dark Mode the Right Click Context Menu is almost Unreadable. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tracit99, Sep 21, 2018.

1. tracit99 Win User

Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode?

Starting with build 17735.1000 and continuing through build 17763.1, when I am in Dark Mode the Right Click Context Menu is almost Unreadable. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Light Mode seems to be OK. I have summited Feedback to MS.

Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode? [​IMG]

Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode? [​IMG]

Michael T

:)

tracit99, Sep 21, 2018

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Agitated with context menus

I ain't going to lie, as far as functionality, the context menus work. Well...I am having an issue with cut and paste. But as far as appearance is concerned, which I am concerned, it's ugly. I mostly have a problem with the dark themed context menus. I
    guess it annoys me because I'm an artist. I suggested many different alternatives which I think would look much better, more professional and modern. But I get the feeling Microsoft is just shrugging off my suggestions. It's kind of like they're saying, "This
    is how it's going to be. DEAL WITH IT!" I thought I was part of something special being an Insider and offering suggestions to how Windows should be, I guess not.

MichaelMAS7, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode? ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode? ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode? :)

Necrofire, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode? - Similar Threads - Someone Confirm Context

2. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable: Hello, about a day ago I discovered when right-clicking on the taskbar or desktop screen the context menu is completely blacked out/darkened, and the only way of reading anything in the menu is by highlighting it with the cursor screenshot will be provided When I switch to...
  3. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable: Hello, about a day ago I discovered when right-clicking on the taskbar or desktop screen the context menu is completely blacked out/darkened, and the only way of reading anything in the menu is by highlighting it with the cursor screenshot will be provided When I switch to...
  4. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to toggle Light or Dark mode from context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to toggle Light or Dark mode from context menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable or disable Light or Dark mode in Windows 10 […] This article How to toggle Light or Dark mode from context menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Context menu text in dark mode 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu text in dark mode 1809: If I go to dark mode in 1809, all context menus change text to white for enabled items, any resolution? It is being caused by Aero theme. 125089
  7. Context menu text in dark mode 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Context menu text in dark mode 1809: If I go to dark mode in 1809, all context menus change text to white for enabled items, any resolution? It is being caused by Aero theme. 125089
  8. App Mode in Context Menu....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Mode in Context Menu....: Windows 10 1809 i added the App Mode in Conext Menu to toggle light and dark... it is not working, always worked in the past, windows explorer has to be terminated for it to work so i think where its pointing to is incorrect.... 121890
  9. Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 Starting with theme will also change your PC to be light themed. This tutorial will show you how to add a...
  10. Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Add App Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 You can change your apps in Windows 10 from a default light mode to dark mode. Dark mode is great for low-light...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why can i not see items in context menu in dark mode

2. context menu in dark mode