Windows 10: Can someone decrypt this error? I got it while opening a folder, clicked Ok and nothing...

Discus and support Can someone decrypt this error? I got it while opening a folder, clicked Ok and nothing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maks244 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqx6uj/can_someone_decrypt_this_error_i_got_it_while/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maks244, May 26, 2020.

1. Can someone decrypt this error? I got it while opening a folder, clicked Ok and nothing...

/u/Maks244, May 26, 2020

2. Help! File permission errors in encrypted folder

Hi Bill,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Are you the Administrator of the computer?
    • Are you connected to a domain network?

I suggest you to decrypt the folder by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right-click the folder or file you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.

• Click the General tab, and then click Advanced.

• Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data check box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 26, 2020
  4. ErvSch Win User

Can someone decrypt this error? I got it while opening a folder, clicked Ok and nothing...

Cannot decrypt folder but files and sub-folders contained do decrypt

Hi Paola,

Thank you for your interest in this problem.

• Which encryption software did you use to encrypt the files?

All of the encryption done was using EFS in Windows 10 Pro.
    • How did you encrypt the files?

The files were encrypted by selecting a folder in File Explorer then right clicking to choose Properties, pressing the Advanced button to the Advanced Attributes screen then checking the box: "Encrypt contents to secure data." Then pressing “OK”
      back to Properties, “OK” again to the Confirm Attribute Changes, select "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files," and OK once more. The encryption then proceeds and all subfolders and files are encrypted. The files were then decrypted by much
      the same process but rather unselecting the "Encrypt contents to secure data" box. This decrypted all the contained files, but the folder and all subfolders remained encrypted. After this the contained files could not again be encrypted by encrypting the
      folder because the "Encrypt contents to secure data" box for the folder was already checked.
    • How are you able to verify that the files inside the encrypted folders were already decrypted?

By selecting a file and again choosing Properties / Advanced to observe whether the box: "Encrypt contents to secure data" was or was not checked.

ErvSch, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Can someone decrypt this error? I got it while opening a folder, clicked Ok and nothing...

1. Can someone decrypt this error? I got it while opening a folder, clicked Ok and nothing... - Similar Threads - someone decrypt error

2. Got "dpc_watchdog_violation" error while opening my PC today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got "dpc_watchdog_violation" error while opening my PC today...: I've been getting blue screen, I think 2-3 times a month, but I am always unsuccessful with taking a picture of the error or even getting the error code to see what's the reason behind the blue screen. Take note I haven't done anything to fix this. I am a total noob....
  3. Can someone help me debug this crash i got?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me debug this crash i got?: I got this crash while in an online class and I'm not sure what caused it.Crashdump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3cVbcZNdbQR9i_Wt-zq4Nui71pgluW4/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Can someone help me debug this crash i got?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me debug this crash i got?: I got this crash while in an online class and I'm not sure what caused it.Crashdump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3cVbcZNdbQR9i_Wt-zq4Nui71pgluW4/view?usp=sharing...
  5. Nothing can open except folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing can open except folders: Hi,I don't know how this happened, but this has been going on for about a week or so.When trying to open any mp3, png, jpg or anything in general, it dosen't work. except folders and exe'sHere's a test video I made to show: https://streamable.com/p4ayp0...
  6. Nothing can open except folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing can open except folders: Hi,I don't know how this happened, but this has been going on for about a week or so.When trying to open any mp3, png, jpg or anything in general, it dosen't work. except folders and exe'sHere's a test video I made to show: https://streamable.com/p4ayp0...
  7. Nothing can open except folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I can encrypt a folder but then can’t decrypt it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can encrypt a folder but then can’t decrypt it.: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 19041.928. I am theonly user of this PC, always logging in as “Mike”, and am an administrator.If I create a folder c:\enc and then use Properties / Advanced/ “Encrypt contents to secure data” this works.If I then try to use Properties /...
  9. I can’t click ok

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t click ok: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bradislit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfjil4/i_cant_click_ok/
  10. My External HDD got disconnected while decrypting bitlocker.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My External HDD got disconnected while decrypting bitlocker.: So I had tried to encrypt my drive with bitlocker and its was a while ago but then I tried to decrypt it as It was taking a long time and the drive got disconnected and the decryption was disrupted and then it took time to load up the password page and It said the correct...