Windows 10: Can someone explain databases to me?

Discus and support Can someone explain databases to me? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had never heard of these programs until trying to find one that will work with something I just downloaded. What exactly is a database and why do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by farmerjohn1324, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Can someone explain databases to me?

I had never heard of these programs until trying to find one that will work with something I just downloaded.

What exactly is a database and why do I need one for some programs? Are these databases files on my machine, or do they require Internet connection? If so, where are they stored? What is the file extension of databases?

I mean I know what the word "database" means, but I don't understand how it works in this instance or why it is required right now. Don't most programs just save...

Can someone explain databases to me?

farmerjohn1324, Apr 6, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Chipset Database

Another category I would be sure to add is whether or not it supports Hyper Threading.

This may be jumping the gun a bit *Big Grin Can someone explain databases to me? :D, as you are still working to establish a solid format for the database, but here goes a suggestion to list in the DB:
    This is a very versatile chipset, especially for all the people looking to upgrade, but keep some older components, with the whole conroe craze etc. A true "stepping stone" chipset:

Basics:
    VIA PT880 Ultra
    it supports Core 2's, P D's, P 4's, Celeron D's (conroe, presler, smithfield, prescott, cedar mill)
    it supports AGP & PCIe graphics
    it supports both DDR & DDR2

error_f0rce, Apr 6, 2019
  4. zAAm Win User

GPU Database

Yeah, a CPU database would be cool W1zz! What are you going to add? Default and stable voltages? Part numbers and steppings?

zAAm, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Can someone explain databases to me? - Similar Threads - someone explain databases

2. Can someone explain this sorting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone explain this sorting?: Can someone explain this sorting? I have it sorted by name ascending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-sorting/8dfd3e0c-6389-4942-8939-753f3c0d8587
  3. Can someone explain this sorting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone explain this sorting?: Can someone explain this sorting? I have it sorted by name ascending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-sorting/8dfd3e0c-6389-4942-8939-753f3c0d8587
  4. Can someone please explain me this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please explain me this...: I have a Xbox One S Wireless Controller for Windows 10 (Bluetooth + WiFi adapter). The example game is Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I have a MSI MEG Z390 Motherboard with a case which has 4x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.1 ports in the back and 2x USB 3.1 ports on the front panel. The...
  5. Can someone explain this to me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone explain this to me?: [ATTACH] Turned on my laptop and got this notification. Is there something I should do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-to-me/8e96668f-8d35-46ef-b971-4e07b2194af5
  6. Can someone explain privacy on Microsoft family to me?

Can someone explain privacy on Microsoft family to me?: I'm an adult, but my Dad has a family account and suggested I add myself to it so that I can use OneDrive/Microsoft Office. I did this, and the email I received implied that I was a child (ie. "now you can ask an adult to buy you stuff from the MS store", etc). I checked and...
  7. Can someone please explain these netstat results to me?

Can someone please explain these netstat results to me?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JimmyDingus321 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl6sbq/can_someone_please_explain_these_netstat_results/
  8. Can someone explain this from windows defender to me?

Can someone explain this from windows defender to me?: [ATTACH] first of i have no idea why it suddenly blocked spotify when i have been using it for a while on this pc.But i wanna know the implications of the checkboxes. why is the not recommended option always ticked by default? and does it matter which one i tick if this pc...
  9. can someone explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    can someone explain this please: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  10. can someone explain this??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can someone explain this??: since forever when I open windows explorer or file explorer and click on network I get a list of computers in my network or a list divided into computers, media devices, etc. Today I get this [img] White-Lightning and Black-Lightning are both computers. Black is the...