Windows 10: Can someone explain hard drive partitions to me please.

Discus and support Can someone explain hard drive partitions to me please. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; These are the current partitions i have on my hard drive. https://ibb.co/PQrD7Mz I bought my PC pre built years ago so they would have been setup by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I_Take_Fish_Oil, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Can someone explain hard drive partitions to me please.

These are the current partitions i have on my hard drive.

https://ibb.co/PQrD7Mz

I bought my PC pre built years ago so they would have been setup by the company who made it.

I would like to format my hard drive and do a clean windows install, do i have to set up these partitions again or is this something windows will automatically do?

Do i even need partitions if i make a USB recovery drive?

submitted by /u/I_Take_Fish_Oil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I_Take_Fish_Oil, Jan 26, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Jan 26, 2021
  4. badrobot Win User

Can someone explain hard drive partitions to me please.

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. Can someone explain hard drive partitions to me please. :)

badrobot, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Can someone explain hard drive partitions to me please.

1. Can someone explain hard drive partitions to me please. - Similar Threads - someone explain hard

2. Can someone please explain the reason for this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please explain the reason for this: Now come on the MSN how does my comment NOT meet your guidelines, are you people seriously having a laugh, Talk about gagging normal words. Or is this just me not getting to grips with the English language even though I am 51 years old and pulled an A in English on my GSCE...
  3. Can someone please explain the reason for this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone please explain the reason for this: Now come on the MSN how does my comment NOT meet your guidelines, are you people seriously having a laugh, Talk about gagging normal words. Or is this just me not getting to grips with the English language even though I am 51 years old and pulled an A in English on my GSCE...
  4. Can someone please explain this dmp file to me. Thank you.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone please explain this dmp file to me. Thank you.: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21306.1007 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Users\LilJi\Desktop\dump files\032421-9812-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path...
  5. Can someone please explain me this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please explain me this...: I have a Xbox One S Wireless Controller for Windows 10 (Bluetooth + WiFi adapter). The example game is Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I have a MSI MEG Z390 Motherboard with a case which has 4x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.1 ports in the back and 2x USB 3.1 ports on the front panel. The...
  6. Can someone explain this to me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone explain this to me?: [ATTACH] Turned on my laptop and got this notification. Is there something I should do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-to-me/8e96668f-8d35-46ef-b971-4e07b2194af5
  7. Can someone please explain these netstat results to me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please explain these netstat results to me?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JimmyDingus321 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl6sbq/can_someone_please_explain_these_netstat_results/
  8. can someone explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    can someone explain this please: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  9. Can someone explain databases to me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone explain databases to me?: I had never heard of these programs until trying to find one that will work with something I just downloaded. What exactly is a database and why do I need one for some programs? Are these databases files on my machine, or do they require Internet connection? If so, where are...
  10. can someone explain this??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can someone explain this??: since forever when I open windows explorer or file explorer and click on network I get a list of computers in my network or a list divided into computers, media devices, etc. Today I get this [img] White-Lightning and Black-Lightning are both computers. Black is the...