Windows 10: can someone explain how EFS works ?

Discus and support can someone explain how EFS works ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i encrypted a folder and back up my key on flash drive. but when i added another account (administrator), they were able to modify the folder like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/flickedpotato, Sep 7, 2020.

1. can someone explain how EFS works ?

i encrypted a folder and back up my key on flash drive.

but when i added another account (administrator), they were able to modify the folder like delete or copying the files inside.

although they cannot open any files on it.

how to disable file modify from other user other than mine ?

also should i delete the certificate from certmgr ? or just keep it there.

submitted by /u/flickedpotato
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/flickedpotato, Sep 7, 2020

2. Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 7, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    EFS

Ok that's good then.

So when you get a moment do what i suggested by deleting the existing EFS cert and let me know how you make out.

SarahKong, Sep 7, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

can someone explain how EFS works ?

HiFiMAN Unveils EF-6 High Performance Headphone Amp

HiFiMAN, a leading designer/manufacturer of high performance headphones and portable audio products, unveiled the EF-6, a new reference quality headphone amplifier designed to properly drive the most demanding headphones. HiFiMAN’s EF-6 will be delivering in January with an MSRP of $1499.

Hand-built by HiFiMAN craftsmen, the new EF-6 flagship headphone amplifier provides audiophile quality for the most demanding listeners. Weighing in at 24 lbs, the robust chassis of the EF-6 is made of high quality, brushed aluminum and steel with aluminum heat sinks. Fit and finish hint at the amplifier’s exceptional performance under the hood.

can someone explain how EFS works ? 101a_thm.jpg

can someone explain how EFS works ? 101b_thm.jpg

The amplifier section is 5 watts of pure Class A solid-state power featuring wide bandwidth, low distortion and s/n greater than 95db. The front end is an audiophile-grade preamplifier with a hand-made step attenuator and perfectly matched resistors for symmetrical output. The EF-6 the clear choice for discriminating music lovers seeking a no-compromise headphone amplifier yet priced well below units with comparable performance.

“As a headphone amplifier, our new EF-6 provides the perfect solution to properly drive low efficiency headphones such as our reference HE-6 with planar magnetic drivers.” explained Dr. Fang Bian, Founder and President of HiFiMAN. “With true 5 watts of Class A power, the EF-6 has a warm, relaxing sound with lifelike detail and wonderful musicality. Though the EF-6 is designed for high-end applications, really this amplifier can make any headphone sound much better.”

Key Features of the HiFiMAN EF6:
    • 5 watts of Class A amplification for superb sound quality.
    • Can easily drive the most demanding headphones, including HiFiMAN’s HE-6
    • Wide bandwidth, low distortion, S/N ratio greater than 95 dB
    • Robust construction of brushed aluminum and steel
    • Preamplifier features hand-made step attenuator and hand-selected resistors

btarunr, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

can someone explain how EFS works ?

1. can someone explain how EFS works ? - Similar Threads - someone explain EFS

2. Can someone explain this sorting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone explain this sorting?: Can someone explain this sorting? I have it sorted by name ascending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-sorting/8dfd3e0c-6389-4942-8939-753f3c0d8587
  3. Can someone explain this sorting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone explain this sorting?: Can someone explain this sorting? I have it sorted by name ascending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-sorting/8dfd3e0c-6389-4942-8939-753f3c0d8587
  4. Can someone explain this sorting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can someone please explain me this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please explain me this...: I have a Xbox One S Wireless Controller for Windows 10 (Bluetooth + WiFi adapter). The example game is Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I have a MSI MEG Z390 Motherboard with a case which has 4x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.1 ports in the back and 2x USB 3.1 ports on the front panel. The...
  6. Can someone explain 08002BE10318

in Windows 10 Support
    Can someone explain 08002BE10318: Why do I see this number on loads of the GUID strings? 08002BE10318 Windows Version 10.0.18363.1256 171224
  7. Can someone explain this to me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone explain this to me?: [ATTACH] Turned on my laptop and got this notification. Is there something I should do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-to-me/8e96668f-8d35-46ef-b971-4e07b2194af5
  8. can someone explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    can someone explain this please: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  9. Can someone explain databases to me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone explain databases to me?: I had never heard of these programs until trying to find one that will work with something I just downloaded. What exactly is a database and why do I need one for some programs? Are these databases files on my machine, or do they require Internet connection? If so, where are...
  10. can someone explain this??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can someone explain this??: since forever when I open windows explorer or file explorer and click on network I get a list of computers in my network or a list divided into computers, media devices, etc. Today I get this [img] White-Lightning and Black-Lightning are both computers. Black is the...