Windows 10: can someone explain my cpu speeds

Discus and support can someone explain my cpu speeds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi there im not realy into hardware, but this puzzels me i have a brand new laptop I7 7700HQ base freq 2.80 max turbo freq 3.80 when i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wmr mclaren, Aug 29, 2017.

1. can someone explain my cpu speeds

hi there
    im not realy into hardware, but this puzzels me

i have a brand new laptop
    I7 7700HQ base freq 2.80 max turbo freq 3.80

when i am rendering 3d in photoshop my videocard is not maxed out (gtx 1060)

but my cpu is maxed out it runs at 100 % (al 8 treads as seen in task manager)
    taskmanager says that my cpu runs at 3.2 to 3.4 GHz at this moment

and this puzzels me
    to my understanding of my cpu it max multicore speed should be 2.8
    and only a singel core could run at max 3.80 by recieving more voltage

so how come my taskmanager states 3.2 / 3.4 with al treads at 100 %

its not a problem just would like to know the answer *Cool

greetz
    mitch

:)

wmr mclaren, Aug 29, 2017

2. n8 ARM 11 680 MHz Single CPU???? really

i have a n8 with ARM 11 680 MHz Single CPU, but i have installed x-plorer and i fond that the n8 have CPU speed :192Mhz

can someone explain why n8 have just 192mhz speed???

zouhair---01, Aug 29, 2017
  3. schpitz Win User
    Nokia 5800XM upgrading v30.0.0.11 -> CPU speed change?

Hey (again),

I've noticed the formal 5800 cpu speed when i bught it was 369mhz (i have v21.0.025).

But after V30 firmware was published, i've noticed Nokia and other people wrote 5800 has 434mhz.

can someone explain it?

1 - There are new phone with different CPU? (although they both ARM11)

2 - or the V30 firmware had accelerate the CPU speed to be like N97 and the rest S60V5 models?

i've checked it on my phone with PhoNetInfo.

schpitz, Aug 29, 2017
  4. can someone explain my cpu speeds

Your CPU is designed to work at 2.80. Turbo freq might increase it for up to 3.8 for a limited time. But since it is not designed to run at the turbo speed, it changes the speed based on the temperature and voltage.

TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2017
  5. so my understandinng that only one cpu could run at a higher freg is not true .....

is this then true :
    my cores can run at higer speed if the workload needs it , limited by voltage and temp

the max speed of 3.8 can only be achived when one core (by non multi tread software) has to do al the workload

thanks
    mitch

wmr mclaren, Aug 29, 2017
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Many CPUs can go into a limited turbo mode for more than one core if temperatures are low enough. But full turbo frequency would be limited to a single core and probably only for a short time. The lower the temperatures the more options the CPU has.

LMiller7, Aug 29, 2017
  7. The full turbo is something rarely actually reached. Most software today that needs a lot of power is multithreaded so it uses 2 or more cores at the same time. To limit temperature and power draw, the CPU will limit turbo speeds if more than one core is active.

ArazelEternal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

can someone explain my cpu speeds

1. can someone explain my cpu speeds - Similar Threads - someone explain cpu

2. Can someone explain this sorting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone explain this sorting?: Can someone explain this sorting? I have it sorted by name ascending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-sorting/8dfd3e0c-6389-4942-8939-753f3c0d8587
  3. Can someone explain this sorting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone explain this sorting?: Can someone explain this sorting? I have it sorted by name ascending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-sorting/8dfd3e0c-6389-4942-8939-753f3c0d8587
  4. Can someone explain this sorting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can someone please explain me this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please explain me this...: I have a Xbox One S Wireless Controller for Windows 10 (Bluetooth + WiFi adapter). The example game is Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I have a MSI MEG Z390 Motherboard with a case which has 4x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.1 ports in the back and 2x USB 3.1 ports on the front panel. The...
  6. Can someone explain 08002BE10318

in Windows 10 Support
    Can someone explain 08002BE10318: Why do I see this number on loads of the GUID strings? 08002BE10318 Windows Version 10.0.18363.1256 171224
  7. Can someone explain this to me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone explain this to me?: [ATTACH] Turned on my laptop and got this notification. Is there something I should do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-to-me/8e96668f-8d35-46ef-b971-4e07b2194af5
  8. can someone explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    can someone explain this please: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  9. Can someone explain databases to me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone explain databases to me?: I had never heard of these programs until trying to find one that will work with something I just downloaded. What exactly is a database and why do I need one for some programs? Are these databases files on my machine, or do they require Internet connection? If so, where are...
  10. can someone explain this??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can someone explain this??: since forever when I open windows explorer or file explorer and click on network I get a list of computers in my network or a list divided into computers, media devices, etc. Today I get this [img] White-Lightning and Black-Lightning are both computers. Black is the...