Windows 10: Can someone explain what happened to my old login information after I set up a Windows...

Discus and support Can someone explain what happened to my old login information after I set up a Windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my kid wanted me to play Minecraft. I buy Minecraft from the Windows Store. However, I can't install it unless I activate some sort of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sparky_McGuffin, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Can someone explain what happened to my old login information after I set up a Windows...

So my kid wanted me to play Minecraft. I buy Minecraft from the Windows Store. However, I can't install it unless I activate some sort of Windows feature that requires I give them an email address. I do that. It then asks to set up a login on my machine. I am dubious, but kid wants me to play Minecraft with her cross-platform. I do that. Now my login credentials have changed; I can still login, but now instead of using the old name (blah blah), the account has a new name (my real name *gasp*).

I have four questions:

1 Can I set this so I only have to login to the new account when I want to play Minecraft?

1. If this is reversible, can someone point me toward instructions?

2. Does this allow MS (or third-parties) to more easily spy on my computer?

3. Is it possible that essentially nothing has changed and that MS, which could already send me updates, now just has a better idea of who I am given they now have an email address, credit card number and the like for me?
    submitted by /u/Sparky_McGuffin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sparky_McGuffin, Jul 13, 2020
  2. ruggb Win User

can someone explain this??

since forever when I open windows explorer or file explorer and click on network I get a list of computers in my network or a list divided into computers, media devices, etc. Today I get this

Can someone explain what happened to my old login information after I set up a Windows... [​IMG]

White-Lightning and Black-Lightning are both computers. Black is the one I am on.
    white has the same users as black.

Piecesof8 is a NAS - there is no media server configured on it
    If I clk on Black admin or bill I get a media player window.

WHAT is going on with the ppl in Redmond?

Windows 10 is getting out of hand.

ruggb, Jul 13, 2020
  3. I need someone who can explain how to activate windows 10 using a digital license

My onboard video card quit working so my mom bought me a refurbished HP computer. I have a lot of stuff on my old tower so I transferred my hard drive over to the new computer. It works and I can see the desktop and go online but after a few minutes a
    message at the bottom of the monitor showed up saying that I needed to activate windows but when I go through the steps given, I get an error report saying that I cannot activate windows and to go to microsoft store and purchase windows 10. Can someone please
    explain what I need to do? When windows 10 first was announced, I signed up to receive the upgrade so when the roll out happened my system automatically upgraded from windows 7 to 10 so I have a digital license that I have no idea where to even find instead
    of a key code. I even looked on my old tower to see if i could find the windows 7 key but I can't find it because now that it's been switched over to 10 I have issues finding anything.

MistySanders, Jul 13, 2020
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

Can someone explain what happened to my old login information after I set up a Windows...

Black screen after login AND does not show up on network; Can still re

I've been having problems where when I boot my desktop PC I have the following happening:

• The PC was up, I was logged in, and all seemed fine.
    • It would not show up on the network to other computers
    • I could still get to the internet
    • I shut down
    • Boot up OK
    • Picture fine, and can bring up login screen
    • Login
    • Goes to black screen with cursor
    • I can Ctrl-alt-del and get the list of options
    • I can select task manger
    • It returns to black screen
    • Still cannot be seen on network
    • I CAN remote to it from another PC< but it presents a black screen also

I have fixed this by performing a restore point, but after a few days I 'm back to the same problem. I'm thinking it has to do with a recent patch being applied.

I've done a search on black screen, but there are so many...I haven't run across one that is similar. Most I'm finding are old...and it seems to me this is a recent update problem.

Any ideas?

[Update]
    The Task Manager does come up if wait long enough. Shows no apps running. Long list of processes running. I tried this:

• Press Windows CMD key
    • Typed in Device Manager (Hoping to go in and see if anything has !, or check video drivers
    Nothing happens

56Kruiser, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Can someone explain what happened to my old login information after I set up a Windows...

1. Can someone explain what happened to my old login information after I set up a Windows... - Similar Threads - someone explain happened

2. can anyone explain what happened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone explain what happened?: When I turn my Pc on, Windows 11 went completely stock, removed my background back to the default one, and half of my stuff was logged out, then when i restarted, it all went back to normal? I have no idea what happened. before i restarted...
  3. can anyone explain what happened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone explain what happened?: When I turn my Pc on, Windows 11 went completely stock, removed my background back to the default one, and half of my stuff was logged out, then when i restarted, it all went back to normal? I have no idea what happened. before i restarted...
  4. Can someone explain what this means?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone explain what this means?: I'm just trying to move files from one folder to another on my new laptop. Instead, File Explorer crashes, the entire screen flickers, then comes back to the desktop after a few seconds. When I went in search of anything that might be the cause of it, I looked at Error...
  5. Can someone please explain to me what this is? Every time I press my “P” key this happens....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please explain to me what this is? Every time I press my “P” key this happens....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/4Four4four4four4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lv3srx/can_someone_please_explain_to_me_what_this_is/
  6. Can someone please explain why this happens? It happens anytime I start up my PC. Apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please explain why this happens? It happens anytime I start up my PC. Apps...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GraveSymphony [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l61e2n/can_someone_please_explain_why_this_happens_it/
  7. Can someone please explain what the heck has happened to my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone please explain what the heck has happened to my computer: [ATTACH]my computer has had an absolute meltdown my files removed and some thing has been operating my system since October and all of the sources I have googled are associated to microsoft so can you please explain The above picture I have no idea where that came from...
  8. Can someone explain this error that pops up when i play games and why nothing happens after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone explain this error that pops up when i play games and why nothing happens after...: [ATTACH] To further clarify is doesnt stop my games, but at the same time i don't understand where or what this Jenkins file is either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-explain-this-error-that-pops-up-when-i/42d52601-e32f-4c9e-998a-470106eedc20
  9. can someone explain this??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can someone explain this??: since forever when I open windows explorer or file explorer and click on network I get a list of computers in my network or a list divided into computers, media devices, etc. Today I get this [img] White-Lightning and Black-Lightning are both computers. Black is the...
  10. Someone explain what these services are

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone explain what these services are: Someone please explain what these services are sync Host_48962, user data access_48962, user data storage_48962. There are a few more too. 68584