Windows 10: Can someone from Microsoft confirm that if I can use Windows Home in my work space in...

Discus and support Can someone from Microsoft confirm that if I can use Windows Home in my work space in... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just brought a Dell Laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home OEM operating system. I am just wondering, since the name is “home”, can I use this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kylekyle2, May 29, 2019.

1. kylekyle2 Win User

Can someone from Microsoft confirm that if I can use Windows Home in my work space in...

I just brought a Dell Laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home OEM operating system.
    I am just wondering, since the name is “home”, can I use this version in my business legally and in accordance with Microsoft’s license policy?

:)

kylekyle2, May 29, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, May 29, 2019
  3. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 29, 2019
  4. Can someone from Microsoft confirm that if I can use Windows Home in my work space in...

Microsoft Confirms Vista OEM hack works

In an MSDN blog, Microsoft’s Windows Genuine Advantage Senior Product Manager Alex Kochis has admitted that the OEM activation hack for Windows Vista does work effectively. The hack involves either using a custom BIOS to trick Vista into believing it is running on a different computer model and therefore allows activation without connecting to the internet or using the phone, or using software to fool the OS in the same way. Windows XP also suffered from a similar hack, which also fools the Microsoft website into thinking the Windows install is genuine, however it received little attention because of the numerous other ways to bypass activation. Unsurprisingly, Kochis’ blog is largely trying to deter people from using this method due to its risks (custom BIOSes can be dangerous) and claiming that the software equivalent will be easy to detect and respond to, but it would suggest that Microsoft more worried about this bypass than the others.

Notice: techPowerUp! does not support the use off illegal software

Source: MSDN via DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Can someone from Microsoft confirm that if I can use Windows Home in my work space in...

1. Can someone from Microsoft confirm that if I can use Windows Home in my work space in... - Similar Threads - someone Microsoft confirm

2. Can I use space cadet pinball?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use space cadet pinball?: Can I use space cadet pinball?I saw that the company who made space cadet pinball Cinematronics was absorbed into Maxis and Maxis was absorbed into EA. since microsoft has used it in the past you own the right I think?Now since it hasnºt been distributed or sold it is...
  3. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?: I am sure an email I received about suspicious activity log in related to a Microsoft Account using my email address was a potential fraud and I binned it straight away.But can someone open such an account?If so, is there a way to prevent it?Thanks...
  4. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?: I am sure an email I received about suspicious activity log in related to a Microsoft Account using my email address was a potential fraud and I binned it straight away.But can someone open such an account?If so, is there a way to prevent it?Thanks...
  5. Can someone open a Microsoft Account using my email address?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. File to big, but there is space! Can someone explain?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File to big, but there is space! Can someone explain?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Away_Salad_4482 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15ksbiv/file_to_big_but_there_is_space_can_someone_explain/
  7. How can I confirm if someone is remotely controlling my Admin rights?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I confirm if someone is remotely controlling my Admin rights?: I was recently subject to a virus attack that left my laptop basically useless until I was able to activate the local Administrator account, and re-install Windows 10 entirely. After I ran sfc /scannow, the problems finally went away Google Chrome would mark all sites as...
  8. How can I telll if someone is using my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I telll if someone is using my computer: I do not have a locked internet core. Also How do I set a security code on my computer? Can I do myself or shall I contact Xfinity? Thank you. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode?: Starting with build 17735.1000 and continuing through build 17763.1, when I am in Dark Mode the Right Click Context Menu is almost Unreadable. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Light Mode seems to be OK. I have summited Feedback to MS. [img] [img] Michael T 118236
  10. BSOD and I think Defender is the problem. Can someone confirm?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and I think Defender is the problem. Can someone confirm?: My laptop keeps crashing and it started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I have re-installed, installed all the patches, updated all the latest drivers (it think), but it consistently send me to BSOD. A lot of time after BSOD, I find that Windows Defender is disabled, so my...