Windows 10: can someone help? I’ve been experiencing issues with my drive for the last couple of weeks...

Discus and support can someone help? I’ve been experiencing issues with my drive for the last couple of weeks... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yousofun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hijme5/can_someone_help_ive_been_experiencing_issues/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yousofun, Jun 30, 2020.

1. can someone help? I’ve been experiencing issues with my drive for the last couple of weeks...

/u/Yousofun, Jun 30, 2020
  2. AntimT Win User

Various BSODs in the last couple days

Hello!

I recently built a new pc which has been working fine for about two weeks. The last three days I have experienced 5 bsod, and only two of them were the same. Also, all but one seem to have to do with some system file, like tcpip.sys.
    After the last bsod, whenever I opened firefox it would crash instantly (or within a couple minutes). I have quite a lot of tabs open, so it tends to use a significant proportion of RAM (as a consideration, I don't know if this means anything??).

I have not overclocked anything (just used the XMP profile for my RAM).

I hope that someone can find something helpful in the dump files.
    Thank you in advance!

AntimT, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

can someone help? I’ve been experiencing issues with my drive for the last couple of weeks... [​IMG]

can someone help? I’ve been experiencing issues with my drive for the last couple of weeks... [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jun 30, 2020
  4. JKarch Win User

can someone help? I’ve been experiencing issues with my drive for the last couple of weeks...

A Couple Questions About Partitions

Hello, it's been a couple days. So I decided to get back at the effort of resolving this, but I'm so confused on how to perform the steps you have listed above even though the list looks pretty simple and self-explanatory. Is it possible to go a little bit more in depth and explain it like you're talking to someone who has no experience doing something like this? That would be greatly appreciated.

JKarch, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

can someone help? I’ve been experiencing issues with my drive for the last couple of weeks...

1. can someone help? I’ve been experiencing issues with my drive for the last couple of weeks... - Similar Threads - someone help I’ve

2. Been experiencing BSOD, since what I can assume is my last windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Been experiencing BSOD, since what I can assume is my last windows update.: Lately I've been experiencing the following "Blue Screen Of Death" and I can't pinpoint what the cause might be. a couple of times it happened when booting into windowsAll together I've experienced 4 BSOD, 3 of them are what you see below, and one was a...
  3. Can someone help me with this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me with this issue?: Today I started my PC and on the lock screen it showed 'Preparing Windows'. After it loaded, the Windows was completely formatted, all my files and apps were missing! Idk what happened. I haven't even made a new user account or somth. I tried to press the start button and...
  4. Can someone help me with this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me with this issue?: Today I started my PC and on the lock screen it showed 'Preparing Windows'. After it loaded, the Windows was completely formatted, all my files and apps were missing! Idk what happened. I tried to press the start button and search button but none worked. I restarted my laptop...
  5. Can someone help me with my issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me with my issue?: Hi, I have a problem with signing in to my windows. I am trying to sign in but it says "something happened and your pin isn't available.Click to set up pin again". I know it is quite easy with a network but my PC shows no network despite of having one. Please help me with...
  6. Can someone help me with my issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me with my issue?: Hi, I have a problem with signing in to my windows. I am trying to sign in but it says "something happened and your pin isn't available.Click to set up pin again". I know it is quite easy with a network but my PC shows no network despite of having one. Please help me with...
  7. Glitchy scroller issues I’ve been having the last week. It seems to be stuck at it now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Glitchy scroller issues I’ve been having the last week. It seems to be stuck at it now: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Puglvr12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mipi9t/glitchy_scroller_issues_ive_been_having_the_last/
  8. Help. Someone. Please. I’ve been cursed and all my games turned into Among Us.

Help. Someone. Please. I’ve been cursed and all my games turned into Among Us.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/charlezel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iygets/help_someone_please_ive_been_cursed_and_all_my/
  9. my laptop been acting weird since last week

my laptop been acting weird since last week: first off, i'm on v.2004 since last week my 2016 HP laptop started to freeze completely out of the blue, be it watching videos, going through websites, or even when not in use, plugged in or on battery, it just freeze to the point i have to force shutting it down, and when i...
  10. Been getting BSOD's past couple of weeks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Been getting BSOD's past couple of weeks: Hello, I have been getting BSOD's on my computer for the past couple of weeks. They've been saying different things but it's been: 3/15: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 3/20: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 3/30: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stuff I've done: I've ran sfc /scannow a...