Windows 10: Can someone help me activate my camera on my laptop?

Discus and support Can someone help me activate my camera on my laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason my camera does not show in the apps and I cannot figure how to activate it. I have tried to follow the instructions provided but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by petercharlestraversa, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Can someone help me activate my camera on my laptop?

For some reason my camera does not show in the apps and I cannot figure how to activate it. I have tried to follow the instructions provided but still nothing. Can somebody walk me through this?

:)

petercharlestraversa, Aug 31, 2019

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Can someone help me activate my camera on my laptop?

Camera on laptop not working

Hello Ferrandino,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the camera is not working in your PC. We will help you.

As per the description above, you have tried troubleshooting and still the camera is not working. This could be a hardware issue in your PC.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What all steps did you try to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware or software changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try updating or reinstalling the camera drivers?
    • What is the exact make and model of your machine?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Can someone help me activate my camera on my laptop?

1. Can someone help me activate my camera on my laptop? - Similar Threads - someone help activate

2. Can someone help me with my problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can someone help me with my problem?: So my laptops fine but some of my files cannot be opened and when i try to open the file explorer just hangs.Another problem is that my search bar cant be used when i click apps on it it doesnt open.My Microsoft store is not opening too i dont know why i have these problems....
  3. Can someone help me with my problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me with my problem?: So my laptops fine but some of my files cannot be opened and when i try to open the file explorer just hangs.Another problem is that my search bar cant be used when i click apps on it it doesnt open.My Microsoft store is not opening too i dont know why i have these problems....
  4. Can someone help me with my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me with my pc?: My pc has been crashing only during games ever since I replaced the MB I had to replace my MB because of a power outage. People have reviewed my dump files and have told me that it was my GPU and to the stuff to fix it but it has yet to have been fixed. Sometimes too when my...
  5. Can someone help me with my pc?

Can someone help me with my pc?: Hi! After resetting my pc from scratch i could not use my mouse and keyboard and i can't restart it agin because i don't know the administration password and a can't boot in to safe mode. Can Someone help me?...
  6. Can Someone Help Me With My Activation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Someone Help Me With My Activation Error: So recently I just Upgraded motherboards and for some weird reason my Microsoft account will only allow My Windows 11 Pro product key to activate only with the old MSI motherboard. The new motherboard I recently installed is a MAG B560M MORTAR LGA 1200. I've tried the trouble...
  7. Can Someone Help Me With My Activation Error

Can Someone Help Me With My Activation Error: So recently I just Upgraded motherboards and for some weird reason my Microsoft account will only allow My Windows 11 Pro product key to activate only with the old MSI motherboard. The new motherboard I recently installed is a MAG B560M MORTAR LGA 1200. I've tried the trouble...
  8. Can someone help me with my issue?

Can someone help me with my issue?: Hi, I have a problem with signing in to my windows. I am trying to sign in but it says "something happened and your pin isn't available.Click to set up pin again". I know it is quite easy with a network but my PC shows no network despite of having one. Please help me with...
  9. Can someone help me with my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone help me with my PC: I have a Gaming pc with an rx 560 2gb , 12 gb ram, and a core i7 and everytime i try to run Minecraft modded my pc crashes and the reliability monitor presents me with this Faulting Application Path: C:\Users\owner\curseforge\minecraft\Install\minecraft.exeProblem...
  10. Can someone help me fix my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me fix my laptop?: I’m getting “umountable boot error” and when the auto repair starts the screen goes black, please help! submitted by /u/seguin9119 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk9b7u/can_someone_help_me_fix_my_laptop/