Windows 10: Can someone help me disable taskview or Ctrl+win+backspace hotkey?

Discus and support Can someone help me disable taskview or Ctrl+win+backspace hotkey? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Drwankingstein [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiyq31/can_someone_help_me_disable_taskview_or/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Drwankingstein, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Can someone help me disable taskview or Ctrl+win+backspace hotkey?

/u/Drwankingstein, Mar 15, 2020
  2. TOOGAM Win User

Ctrl + A + Backspace acting as home key

I think you lost a character in the question, about what shows up in Notepad.

When I tried Ctrl+A+Backspace in Notepad, I got the same results as pressing Ctrl-Backspace. (This did generate a character that looked like a thin, tall rectangle.)

I can suggest three approaches:

• Try altering your behavior. Use Ctrl-A and Delete, instead of Ctrl-A and Backspace.
    • Try a different keyboard. (This may ultimately end up having the effect of altering your behavior a bit. Another possible effect is to eliminate ghosting issues that may occur when too much is pressed simultaneously on some keyboards. Although I'm suspecting that your current issue is unrelated to keyboard ghosting.)
    • Use the downloaded software AutoHotkey to respond to Ctrl-Backspace by having it automatically press Ctrl-A and then either Backspace or Delete. Hopefully the software will be responsive enough to be able to complete its actions before Windows processes your next keystroke.

TOOGAM, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 10 win hotkey

Hi,

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Generally WIN key is used to quickly access Start Menu or Start Screen in Windows. But you can also use WIN key in combination with another key to access other programs or features in Windows

Do you want to Disable WIN+ hotkeys or Disable WIN key completely?

To disable WIN+ hotkeys, follow the methods:

METHOD 1: Using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)

• Press Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type gpedit.msc in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open
      Group Policy Editor.
    • Now go to: User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows/File Explorer
    • In right-side pane, look for "Turn off Windows+X hotkeys" option.
    • The option would be set to Not Configured. Double-click on it and set it to
      Enabled

Note :To re-enable the hotkeys in feature, again set the "Turn off Windows+X hotkeys" option to
    Not Configured.

METHOD 2: Using Registry Editor (regedit)

Important: This method contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge
    Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open
      Registry Editor.
    • Now go to following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to
    • Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot the WIN+ hotkeys will be turned off in your system.
    Note :To re-enable WIN+ hotkeys in future, delete the DWORD
    NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 15, 2020
  4. lizbeth Win User

Can someone help me disable taskview or Ctrl+win+backspace hotkey?

software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

Hi Everyone,

I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like shift + ctrl + s or shift + ctrl + e, my software doesn't respond to them so instead I get stuff like this appearing at the top right of my screen:

Can someone help me disable taskview or Ctrl+win+backspace hotkey? [​IMG]

Can someone help me disable taskview or Ctrl+win+backspace hotkey? [​IMG]

This happens in multiple programs and is pretty frustrating. I've been looking up how to disable these hotkeys that seem to be for Windows but can only find settings for the windows button hotkeys, not shift + ctrl hotkeys.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind, I discovered it's from Radeon software and it takes my hotkey commands over my other software and I cleared all the hotkeys in the Radeon software.

lizbeth, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Can someone help me disable taskview or Ctrl+win+backspace hotkey?

1. Can someone help me disable taskview or Ctrl+win+backspace hotkey? - Similar Threads - someone help disable

2. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  3. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  4. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: My PC is windows 10, 8 GB of RAM, CPU cooling, and I forgot the rest. My Keyboard and Mouse haven't been connecting nor my monitor. This has been happening for the past 4 months and I have watched every video on YouTube but they were no help. Someone please help me solve this...
  5. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: I need help the faster as posible please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me/d4888b79-6281-49f3-b4f1-4b419c8a7b68
  6. Can someone help me with this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me with this?: So, I reset my PC because I kept getting blue screened, and there are now these broken shortcuts on my desktop that I can't get rid of. Can these be removed, and how? submitted by /u/osu_watuurmelon [link] [comments]...
  7. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone help me?: Hey I would appreciate any help with this,This problem started happening recently on my Laptop. I turn on the machine and it greets me with a message: "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times." Then makes me enter a challenge phrase which is always A1B2C3. Next I try to...
  8. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me?: I was playing Apex Legends today and I noticed I was lagging which I thought was really weird, so I checked my task manager and both my GPU and Ethernet were at 100% usage. I lowered all graphic to minimum and and the problem didn't go away. I also tried to open Valorant and...
  9. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone help me?: Hi Everyone, I would to inform to you and ask for you help in this situation. I was trying to download this game, but it says "UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO INSTALL THIS GAME". I went to Update and Security in the Settings and I check for updates but there wasn't any. Can a kind...
  10. disable / modify win hotkeys

in Windows 10 Support
    disable / modify win hotkeys: hello, i don't want to use to built-in windows key hotkeys such as win+D, win+S etc. how can i modify them or disable them altogether? 18090

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable backspace task view