Windows 10: Can someone help me with my SYSTEM data usage?

Discus and support Can someone help me with my SYSTEM data usage? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I look under settings to data usage. System has used over 200GB of data in the last month. I got this laptop a month ago. How do I lower the data usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RustyDuckVR, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Can someone help me with my SYSTEM data usage?

I look under settings to data usage. System has used over 200GB of data in the last month. I got this laptop a month ago. How do I lower the data usage for system?

:)

RustyDuckVR, Jan 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 high system data usage

We appreciate the additional information. Windows update is one of the possible cause why the system data usage is high. If you prefer to disable automatic updates to avoid high data usage, follow the steps below:

• Type gpedit.msc in the search bar, then press Enter
      to open Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path:
      • Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update
    • Locate Configure Automatic Updates, then double-click it.
    • Check the Enabled option to enable the policy.
    • Under Options, change it to option 2 (Notify for download and notify for install).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jan 21, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    data usage system

Hi Mohammad

Open the Settings App, go to Network and Internet - Data Usage - View Data per App

Is 'System' listed as using a lot of data?

If so, in the Settings App, go to Home - Update and Security - Delivery Optimization

Turn off Delivery Optimization, then click Advanced Options

Pull all sliders on that page to their minimum values

That will reduce the amount of data used by System . . .

DaveM121, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can someone help me with my SYSTEM data usage?

Data card usage in windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to check which application is using Data.

• Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the
      Network & Internet icon.

• Click/tap on Data usage on the left side. You will now see a general overview of the network data usage from the last 30 days on your PC.

• Click/tap on the Usage details link on the right side under
      Overview.

• You will now see how much network data has been used by each app from the last 30 days.

After that go to task manager and End Task the Application which uses the internet.

• Press ctrl +shift +Esc to open Task manger.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Can someone help me with my SYSTEM data usage?

1. Can someone help me with my SYSTEM data usage? - Similar Threads - someone help SYSTEM

2. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: My PC is windows 10, 8 GB of RAM, CPU cooling, and I forgot the rest. My Keyboard and Mouse haven't been connecting nor my monitor. This has been happening for the past 4 months and I have watched every video on YouTube but they were no help. Someone please help me solve this...
  3. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: I need help the faster as posible please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me/d4888b79-6281-49f3-b4f1-4b419c8a7b68
  4. Can someone help me with this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me with this?: So, I reset my PC because I kept getting blue screened, and there are now these broken shortcuts on my desktop that I can't get rid of. Can these be removed, and how? submitted by /u/osu_watuurmelon [link] [comments]...
  5. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone help me?: Hey I would appreciate any help with this,This problem started happening recently on my Laptop. I turn on the machine and it greets me with a message: "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times." Then makes me enter a challenge phrase which is always A1B2C3. Next I try to...
  6. Can someone help me?

Can someone help me?: I was playing Apex Legends today and I noticed I was lagging which I thought was really weird, so I checked my task manager and both my GPU and Ethernet were at 100% usage. I lowered all graphic to minimum and and the problem didn't go away. I also tried to open Valorant and...
  7. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me?: Hi Everyone, I would to inform to you and ask for you help in this situation. I was trying to download this game, but it says "UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO INSTALL THIS GAME". I went to Update and Security in the Settings and I check for updates but there wasn't any. Can a kind...
  8. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone help me?: Hi Everyone, I would to inform to you and ask for you help in this situation. I was trying to download this game, but it says "UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO INSTALL THIS GAME". I went to Update and Security in the Settings and I check for updates but there wasn't any. Can a kind...
  9. Can someone help me with this

Can someone help me with this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Guwxp_Jr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lgqjae/can_someone_help_me_with_this/
  10. Can someone help me?

Can someone help me?: submitted by /u/M1ghty_boy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtvlzs/can_someone_help_me/