Windows 10: Can someone kindly upload the en-US version of the modern settings?

Discus and support Can someone kindly upload the en-US version of the modern settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, All of a sudden my start menu search refuses to display the modern control panel items. After some research I found out that this is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by artins90, Nov 17, 2017.

1. artins90 Win User

Can someone kindly upload the en-US version of the modern settings?

Hi guys,

All of a sudden my start menu search refuses to display the modern control panel items.
    After some research I found out that this is a common issue and that it's caused by a missing folder inside: "C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexed\Settings \en-US"

The en-US folder is missing and I have no way to recover it.
    Before I give up and go for a full wipe, I would like to try to use a new en-US folder from another pc.

It needs to be version 1709 aka fall creators update, if it's 16299.64 even better, and must be en-US.
    Could you kindly copy past the en-US folder to your desktop, zip it and upload it somewhere so I can try to place it where mine is missing?

:)

artins90, Nov 17, 2017

2. can someone bring me back to the modern day

Unfortunately, Microsoft is very confusing with the PPC operating system nomenclature. Because you are running version 4.2, I think you are running Pocket PC 2003/Windows Mobile 2003, which is still supported under WMDC. If you have any documentation that
    says "Pocket PC 2002", this operating system is not supported. You cannot update your PPC operating system because it is ROM (read only memory) and cannot be changed. What exactly is the error message you get when tyring to connect with WMDC?

Resourceful, Nov 17, 2017
  3. stecka3 Win User
    can someone bring me back to the modern day

Can someone kindly upload the en-US version of the modern settings? [​IMG]
    to whom it may concern

I have a hp ipaq pocket pc/phone, under version in settings it says Microsoft pocket pc version 4.20.0 (build 14350) 1996-2003. Processor TI OMAP1510 memory 55.03 MB. it has active sync 3.7 which i used to run on my old laptop with windos xp. i purchased
    a new hp laptop with windos vista, i have downloaded window mobile device center 6.1 from microsoft but this does not allow the handheld to sync with my laptop. could someone please help me with what i need to updat the handheld with in order to make all work.
    i also had isilo installed on the pc i would like to reinstall this program again inorder to use it with the handheld and syncing with the laptop. whatever help can be offered will be very much appreciated. thank yu for your time so far and whatever else you
    may be able to offer.

stecka3, Nov 17, 2017
  4. dlross Win User

Here you go:

en-US - Download - 4shared

If you have trouble getting the file (en-US.zip) let me know and we can work something else out.

dlross, Nov 17, 2017
  5. artins90 Win User
    Thank you so much dlross.
    It worked like a charm without even restarting the system!
    I am so happy I don't have to reinstall Windows.

Since it works and there are many users affected by this issue, maybe the mods might want to consider creating a repository with the different languages/versions of the settings.

I'll mark this issue as resolved, thank you again for your time.

artins90, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can someone kindly upload the en-US version of the modern settings? - Similar Threads - someone kindly upload

2. Mysterious EN-US Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious EN-US Input Language: Hello,For some strange reason I have two languages available in my taskbar, ENG-UK and ENG-US. It's a bit annoying having ENG-US there, as I don't actually have this language pack, display language, input method, keyboard layout etc... installed anywhere!I'm pretty tech savvy...
  3. Mysterious EN-US Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious EN-US Input Language: Hello,For some strange reason I have two languages available in my taskbar, ENG-UK and ENG-US. It's a bit annoying having ENG-US there, as I don't actually have this language pack, display language, input method, keyboard layout etc... installed anywhere!I'm pretty tech savvy...
  4. Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change OSLanguage from EN-US to EN-GB: Hi there,We have some machines on our estate that where imaged using the wrong OSLanguage, these where issued as EN-US instead of EN-GB, in the grand scheme of things its not a huge problem for us as we have changed the default keyboard layout to EN-GB but does anyone know if...
  5. en-us enterpise local experience pack

en-us enterpise local experience pack: Hi Community people,I might be stupid or just missing something here.I have a multilanguage build I have created using 20H2 and all the LXP files I needed where on the ISO I downloaded from our...
  6. Visio-ru-ru and Visio en-us Version 20H2 Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Visio-ru-ru and Visio en-us Version 20H2 Windows 10: I just purchased a Dell computer and noticed these: Microsoft Visio-ru-ru, Microsoft Visio-en-us, Microsoft Project-ru-ru and Microsoft Project en-us. I have never seen these before and am wondering whether to remove them from my PC. I don't see any reason to "use" them as I...
  7. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/: Called yestereday via chat got help but no luck. today I think i found the file i'm looking for. help, live agent please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/httpssupportmicrosoftcomen-uscontactus/8e28fbb6-e9fc-4369-849c-6e218668c4a2
  8. Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32

Language locale issues EN-UK / EN-US rundll32: I am having issues with the HP drivers for Win10; when the system language is set to EN-UK the Printing Prefernces dialog is broken whilst the Properties dialog is OK....
  9. Can Someone Help with a Corrupt Modern App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Someone Help with a Corrupt Modern App?: Solitaire won't start - it crashes after the splash screen. I tried to update it through the store, but it fails. My first thought was to manually remove it using PowerShell, but attempting to remove it generates this error: Code: PS C:\Users\teddy> remove-appxpackage...
  10. Difference between en-US and en-GB versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between en-US and en-GB versions: Hi there can anybody explain to me if there's any difference between the en-US and en-GB versions. It seems with BOTH you can install whatever version of ENGLISH plus appropriate keyboard you want. Locale etc doesn't seem to matter either. There presumably must be some...