Windows 10: Can someone please help me in this, my USB external drives are not being detected, external...

Discus and support Can someone please help me in this, my USB external drives are not being detected, external... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to access my USB drives only all my ports are working fine and all other devices are being detected and only my usb drives are not being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sahat monal, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Can someone please help me in this, my USB external drives are not being detected, external...

I am unable to access my USB drives only all my ports are working fine and all other devices are being detected and only my usb drives are not being detected. When I searched in event manager, this is what I found.Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 16-08-2022 23:46:42 Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Description: Device USB\VID_0BC2&PID_2312 had a problem starting. Driver Name: usbstor.inf Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000} Serv

:)

sahat monal, Aug 17, 2022

2. usb external harddrive is not detected

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

• Have you allocated drive letter for the external drive?
    • Do you get any prompt when you connect the external drive to your PC?
    • Is the external device getting detected under disk manager?

You will be able to view the contents of drives if you have allocated a drive name/letter. If you do not allocate a name/letter and if you try to view it on the PC, it will not be visible.

Connect the external device to the PC and follow the steps below to check if the external drive is getting detected:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows Key + R, type
      diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • Check if the external device is detected in this window.
    • If the device is detected as unallocated, right click on the external drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions where-in, in one of the page you will be asked to select a drive letter.
    • Assign a drive letter and check if you are able to access the contents of the drive.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 17, 2022
  3. ldybozz Win User
    usb external harddrive is not detected

Have the same issue. But when I right click the options are grey only PROPERTIES and HELP are available. No drive letter is listed. It shows a white arrow going down inside a red circle next to DISK 1

UNKNOWN

931.51 GB

NOT INITIALIZED with a box next to that w/a black stripped header

ldybozz, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

Can someone please help me in this, my USB external drives are not being detected, external...

HELP!!! External Drive issues!!

you're in luck, the guy with way too much external storage is here to the rescue!

step 1: try with a different USB cable

step 2: take the drive out of the enclosure and connect it internally to your PC

quite likely the cable or enclosure has died. if you're re-initialising the disk you might actually be erasing it... so dont do that.

Mussels, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Can someone please help me in this, my USB external drives are not being detected, external...

1. Can someone please help me in this, my USB external drives are not being detected, external... - Similar Threads - someone please help

2. External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected: Hi,Yesterday one of my hard drives stopped being detected. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. This is all the info I've gathered so far about the issue: Not an issue with the USB port that the drive is normally plugged into. I've plugged it into other ports - nothing. I've...
  3. External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected: Hi,Yesterday one of my hard drives stopped being detected. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. This is all the info I've gathered so far about the issue: Not an issue with the USB port that the drive is normally plugged into. I've plugged it into other ports - nothing. I've...
  4. Can someone please help me in this, my USB external drives are not being detected, external...

Can someone please help me in this, my USB external drives are not being detected, external...: I am unable to access my USB drives only all my ports are working fine and all other devices are being detected and only my usb drives are not being detected. When I searched in event manager, this is what I found.Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:...
  5. Why isn't my external hard drive being detected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my external hard drive being detected?: I have an external hard drive, Seagate 2TB, it worked perfectly until after defragmenting it with the Windows tool for a bit and cancelling it safely, because I needed to shut down the PC, it no longer is recognized by the PC, it doesn't show up on device manager or disk...
  6. Why isn't my external hard drive being detected?

Why isn't my external hard drive being detected?: I have an external hard drive, Seagate 2TB, it worked perfectly until after defragmenting it with the Windows tool for a bit and cancelling it safely, because I needed to shut down the PC, it no longer is recognized by the PC, it doesn't show up on device manager or disk...
  7. Can someone help me correctly reinstall a Fideco USB external HDD dock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can someone help me correctly reinstall a Fideco USB external HDD dock: Hey all, I have an external 2 drive bay dock that worked fine until recently but now when plugged in appears as an unknown device or as a card reader, and this has effected it's performance. Brief summary- Couple months ago I bought an external USB dock. Multiple usb ports,...
  8. detecting external drives

detecting external drives: Windows does not detect any of my external hard drives ADATA, WD Elements and Toshiba https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/detecting-external-drives/e186d6f7-ed91-414b-a346-0c98e671f6a4
  9. My external hard drive is being detected but also not.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My external hard drive is being detected but also not.: So I’m trying to use an external hard drive and when I go into my file manager nothing shows up for it. I went into my settings to check if it was detecting a usb device and it was. submitted by /u/nicknugget2007 [link] [comments]...
  10. USB external drive detection

USB external drive detection: My Lenovo Yoga does not detect an external cd/dvd drive plugged into the usb port. How do I make it search for the device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-external-drive-detection/4dd6bbfd-99da-47cd-8a89-a2a521d6ac12