Windows 10: Can someone please provide a script to change which drive MS Store apps and games are saved...

Discus and support Can someone please provide a script to change which drive MS Store apps and games are saved... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WeakDiaphragm [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WeakDiaphragm, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Can someone please provide a script to change which drive MS Store apps and games are saved...

/u/WeakDiaphragm, Apr 14, 2021

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can someone please provide a script to change which drive MS Store apps and games are saved...

Games from App Store

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below for the Windows store downloads.

• Press Windows + E.

• Click on This PC at the top left corner.

• Click on C: Drive.

• Click on Program files.

• Click on Windows Apps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Can someone please provide a script to change which drive MS Store apps and games are saved...

1. Can someone please provide a script to change which drive MS Store apps and games are saved... - Similar Threads - someone please provide

2. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?: The only setting I've found allows you to change the installation drive, but it won't let you choose a specific folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-installation-folder-not/8f09fd77-4b72-475a-ad9d-e3494bbda715
  3. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?: The only setting I've found allows you to change the installation drive, but it won't let you choose a specific folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-installation-folder-not/8f09fd77-4b72-475a-ad9d-e3494bbda715
  4. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.: I recently got a new ssd which now has windows 10, i am using the xbox game pass app to try and download games however when i am sent to the windows settings to change where the new apps are saved to, i.e. from my C: ssd to E: hdd it wont allow me to set it as my default save...
  6. cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in: hello, I've seen those questions on the forum but there aren't any answers, and google doesn't help whenever I try to change the drive it keeps giving me the error 0x80070005. I bought Forza Horizon 4 on ms store but I can't download it on any drive except C. can anyone help...
  7. Can someone please help with this Xbox companion app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please help with this Xbox companion app?: I open it and join peoples party and invite them just fine but then later I can't invite anyone and can't join anyone's party. I have to keep exiting out and going back in to it then 10 minutes later it finally works again. Please help me fix this it is driving me crazy....
  8. Which drive to install microsoft store apps to

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which drive to install microsoft store apps to: Hi team, I had to instal iTunes and I noticed that it opted for my main drive. I do not want to put it there. After som searchign I noticed I could move possably move the program. When I tried this I get error 0x80073d21. Why am I not asked where I want to install my...
  9. Can't change which drive apps are installed on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change which drive apps are installed on: Every time I try to change this in the settings, it gives me the error code 0x80070005, which I've gone through every thread to try and fix, and I still am getting the error. Please, someone, give me a fix....
  10. No man's sky saves or any game from ms store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No man's sky saves or any game from ms store: hi I'm currently playing No man's sky with the Xbox game pass. I've played before on ps4 and i would like to skip a couple things and use a save editor, but here's: where are my saves? Ive looked almost everywhere and looked up on the internet but to no avail. From what...