Windows 10: Can someone point me towards how to make a login server for W10

Discus and support Can someone point me towards how to make a login server for W10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At my college we login to our accounts at the school using our email address and passwords. The domain suffix on the email points to which server we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thornton, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Thornton Win User

Can someone point me towards how to make a login server for W10

At my college we login to our accounts at the school using our email address and passwords. The domain suffix on the email points to which server we are logging into. So typing "*@domainhere.com" will login to the server paired with "domainhere.com". Windows 10 prompts you at login to provide this email and password. When you login, there are 2 drives mounted, one local and one which is on the server so you can login on any computer and have your files accessible, somewhat like a VPN or FTP storage server.

I run a small team of look developers and have a series of render an storage servers. I am interested in setting something like this up but my knowledge of systems management is limited to what I need as a look developer. This is a system often implemented into pipeline systems and version control systems in look development.

I dont expect this is something underwhelmingly easy to do, but I am curious if someone could explain to me what the process might generally be, or where I could look to learn to do it.

:)

Thornton, Mar 3, 2016

2. How to go about writing a PowerShell script to move data between servers (Windows 10)

I want to create a simple script using PowerShell, to move data between two Windows based file servers - server1 and server2, say. I wondered if someone could point me in the right direction - towards a good online tutorial on the topic, or even show me
    how one would go about making a start on this script?

Enigma1000, Mar 3, 2016
  3. MrSikira Win User
    Can someone help me how to make a safe copy of my contacts?

I noticed that I cant put contacts from phone to SIM card, but it is not quite problem for me.
    The problem that I want to have my contacts safly somewhere placed so in need of factory reset of mobile phone i dont lose them.
    When I say contacts I on first place mean on my number contacts not e-mails.
    So if someone simply explain how to make copy of contacts which I can always withdraw when ever I need.

Please help.

MrSikira, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Can someone point me towards how to make a login server for W10

I'm not sure what you are asking. It sounds like you are logging in to a domain with Active Directory, and that authenticates you to see your files that are shared on a server. As you said, that is so you can log in on any computer in a lab, for example, and have access to your data. That has nothing to do with a VPN or FTP.

You could get a server running Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012, but it would need to be set up with a new domain. Then, user accounts would need to be created, and those storage server would have to be added to the domain as well, so they could accept connections from those user accounts.

If your school has an IT department, they may be able to set one up for you.

DeaconFrost, Mar 3, 2016
  5. Thornton Win User
    I understand. Thank you. I do have access to windows server. I appreciate it. I only mentioned vpn or ftp because of how it appears on the user end. Like I mentioned, it has the second drive mounted to access things on any computer while the local drives are only local and your files can only ever be accessed from that same computer. Ill see if I can meet up with someone at our IT department (I think we have one *sarc) obviously someone has to manage our many, many, servers, so it would be logical. Thank you so much!

Thornton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can someone point me towards how to make a login server for W10

1. Can someone point me towards how to make a login server for W10 - Similar Threads - someone point towards

2. can someone call me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can someone call me: can someone call me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-call-me/6373dd56-cdb3-4fb3-a406-00a4271989c7
  3. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: My PC is windows 10, 8 GB of RAM, CPU cooling, and I forgot the rest. My Keyboard and Mouse haven't been connecting nor my monitor. This has been happening for the past 4 months and I have watched every video on YouTube but they were no help. Someone please help me solve this...
  4. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: I need help the faster as posible please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me/d4888b79-6281-49f3-b4f1-4b419c8a7b68
  5. Can someone point me to /usable/ documentation on windows registry flags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone point me to /usable/ documentation on windows registry flags: There are registry flags like "icon", "muiverb", and "hasluashield" that all have special meanings and seem comparable to named variables being passed into a function. I have been looking for hours over the past couple days trying to find documentation on what flags exist,...
  6. Can someone point me to /usable/ documentation on windows registry flags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone point me to /usable/ documentation on windows registry flags: There are registry flags like "icon", "muiverb", and "hasluashield" that all have special meanings and seem comparable to named variables being passed into a function. I have been looking for hours over the past couple days trying to find documentation on what flags exist,...
  7. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone help me?: Hi Everyone, I would to inform to you and ask for you help in this situation. I was trying to download this game, but it says "UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO INSTALL THIS GAME". I went to Update and Security in the Settings and I check for updates but there wasn't any. Can a kind...
  8. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WlDEPutin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ks70ev/can_someone_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  9. How to make W10 Pro Notify me Updates are available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to make W10 Pro Notify me Updates are available?: I am running W10 Pro build 1709 build 16299.192 and would like it to notify me when updates are available and give me the choice to not download now and not install them until I am ready to do so. I am totally confused by what I read about getting or not getting and...
  10. Can someone point me in the direction of the 'real' upgrade benefits

in Windows 10 Support
    Can someone point me in the direction of the 'real' upgrade benefits: Hi, I'm considering upgrading to windows 10, and have scoured the internet about what the real benefits are, but can only find all the promotional marketing crap that they are pushing, such as Cortana, Xbox integration, that new edge browser and such stuff. Are there...