Windows 10: Can someone suggest a reliable fingerprint reader? Mine stops recognizing after a few days.

Discus and support Can someone suggest a reliable fingerprint reader? Mine stops recognizing after a few days. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Could someone please suggest a reliable fingerprint reader that is Windows Hello! compatible? My Lenovo fingerprint mouse stops recognizing any of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Orb37, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Orb37 Win User

Can someone suggest a reliable fingerprint reader? Mine stops recognizing after a few days.

Could someone please suggest a reliable fingerprint reader that is Windows Hello! compatible? My Lenovo fingerprint mouse stops recognizing any of my fingers a few days after fingerprint enrollment in Windows 10 settings. I have to re-enroll every few days, very frustrating!

Thank you for anyone's help!

:)

Orb37, Apr 13, 2021

2. windows 10 doesn't recognized internal fingerprint reader

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to uninstall fingerprint reader software from the computer and reinstall it in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps

Step1: Uninstall fingerprint reader software.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control Panel

• Go to Programs and Features

• Right click your fingerprint reader software from the list and tap or click
        Uninstall.

• Reboot your machine

Step 2: If you have executable file of the corresponding driver, I suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode. Follow the steps:

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select the version of Windows in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Also, refer:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 13, 2021
  3. DrWizard Win User
    Suggestions for Fingerprint Reader

I'm looking for a new fingerprint reader, and would like some suggestions or recommendations...

I have 3 old APC Biopods, and they used to work really really well. Alas, they haven't been supported since Windows XP and so they are sitting in a drawer. I have searched long and hard for updated drivers to no avail.

I've bought 3 different "swipe" style readers, and have been disappointed with all of them. Too many rejections! It doesn't help that my fingers are often dirty or scuffed up, but the Biopods were relatively tolerant of that.

So I think what I want is one of the "touch" style readers, similar to the Biopod, where you just press your finger on the window for a moment.

I am very much on a budget, so I've been looking at used ones on eBay. But I suspect that a lot of the older, cheaper ones do not work with Windows Hello, and a great deal of googling has failed to turn up a compatibility list or even if specific models work.

So I am looking for recommendations from people that have them. My requirements are:
    1) Works with Windows Hello.
    2) Touch style (as opposed to swipe).
    3) Available used, cheap, on eBay.

Some of the ones I've been looking at are:
    Targus PA460
    UPEK TouchChip TCRU1C
    SecuGen Hamster Plus HSDU03M
    Digital Persona UareU 4500 (50013-001-103)

Thanks in advance!

DrWizard, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Can someone suggest a reliable fingerprint reader? Mine stops recognizing after a few days.

Fingerprint reader not recognized by system

For some reason, my fingerprint reader is not recognized by Windows. Anybody know how to fix this?

TechGuy173, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Can someone suggest a reliable fingerprint reader? Mine stops recognizing after a few days.

1. Can someone suggest a reliable fingerprint reader? Mine stops recognizing after a few days. - Similar Threads - someone suggest reliable

2. Fingerprint reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader stopped working: Hello,My Lenovo 13s-IML product number 20RR0003IX, bios version CQCN41WW was updated to Windows 11 more than 1 year ago.Since the update some devices camera and fingerprint reader started having some issues from time to time, especially after some windows update: fingerprint...
  3. Fingerprint reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader stopped working: Hello,My Lenovo 13s-IML product number 20RR0003IX, bios version CQCN41WW was updated to Windows 11 more than 1 year ago.Since the update some devices camera and fingerprint reader started having some issues from time to time, especially after some windows update: fingerprint...
  4. My fingerprint reader no longer recognizes my fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fingerprint reader no longer recognizes my fingerprint: My fingerprint reader no longer recognizes my fingerprint on my HP laptop with Windows 11. I also have a pin number but it is secondary to the fingerprint. Can I set the pin to be the 1st and primary way to logon to my HP. Please help....
  5. My fingerprint reader no longer recognizes my fingerprint

My fingerprint reader no longer recognizes my fingerprint: My fingerprint reader no longer recognizes my fingerprint on my HP laptop with Windows 11. I also have a pin number but it is secondary to the fingerprint. Can I set the pin to be the 1st and primary way to logon to my HP. Please help....
  6. Goodix Fingerprint reader usually will not recognize fingerprint stored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodix Fingerprint reader usually will not recognize fingerprint stored: I have a ASUS ROG14 and the Goodix Fingerprint read rarely works as it should. I have to restore fingerprints over and over and then often it will not even try to read. It just says I must you, much use a pin. Maybe this technology is not developed properly to be used on...
  7. Goodix Fingerprint reader usually will not recognize fingerprint stored

Goodix Fingerprint reader usually will not recognize fingerprint stored: I have a ASUS ROG14 and the Goodix Fingerprint read rarely works as it should. I have to restore fingerprints over and over and then often it will not even try to read. It just says I must you, much use a pin. Maybe this technology is not developed properly to be used on...
  8. Could someone suggest a fingerprint reader to use with Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could someone suggest a fingerprint reader to use with Windows Hello?: submitted by /u/SolidSonicTH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv6uvj/could_someone_suggest_a_fingerprint_reader_to_use/
  9. USB card reader IDMB-335133B stops working after few days of installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB card reader IDMB-335133B stops working after few days of installation: We currently updated a POS .NET application to windows10 and we also updated to Microsoft POS for .NET 1.14.1 drivers. However, the IDTECH magnetic card reader stops working after few days of installation. I disabled the power saving of the USB ports on the PC, but still...
  10. Suggestions for Fingerprint Reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suggestions for Fingerprint Reader: I'm looking for a new fingerprint reader, and would like some suggestions or recommendations... I have 3 old APC Biopods, and they used to work really really well. Alas, they haven't been supported since Windows XP and so they are sitting in a drawer. I have searched long...