Windows 10: Can someone tell me how to follow a service request number?

Discus and support Can someone tell me how to follow a service request number? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I contacted support couple days ago and gave a service request number and I've been looking around but I can't find a way to do a follow of my request... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DennisMiguel, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Can someone tell me how to follow a service request number?

I contacted support couple days ago and gave a service request number and I've been looking around but I can't find a way to do a follow of my request number or to see it.

Can somebody help me with this? Thanks and have a good afternoon.

:)

DennisMiguel, Jun 19, 2020

2. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be occurred due to corrupted Windows services and updates.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which account are you facing this issue?
    • Are you connected to Domain?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    You may login to other account and check if the RegEdit works.

I suggest you to modify the registry to increase the default time-out value for the service control manager. To increase this value to 60 seconds, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type regedit, and hit
      enter.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
    Note: If the Services PipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.

• Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click Services PipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    • Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
    • This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
    • Restart the computer.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: Install all the pending updates logging into Microsoft account and check.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you regarding this issue.

Refer: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 19, 2020
  3. MiniHype Win User
    Service request Number

Hey there. I used an app on my Windows 10 Computer called "Contact Support" and received someone. After the problem has been solved, I was given an email giving me a Service Request Number if I wanted to talk to the same person again. Well, the problem is
    occurring again, and I would like to talk to the same person again, but I don't know how to use the Request Number to talk to the same person again.

How can I fix this?

How can I talk to the same person?

MiniHype, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Can someone tell me how to follow a service request number?

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Can someone tell me how to follow a service request number?

1. Can someone tell me how to follow a service request number? - Similar Threads - someone tell follow

2. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  3. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  4. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can someone tell me is this true?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone tell me is this true?: I have got this problem.First I tried to login my gmail using this laptop.But here was the resultSo I tried using avast to solve this issue.But this was the result.Were these true?Is the hacker hacked mine?Please help me....
  6. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShadowsOf_TheirEyes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld4ke7/can_someone_please_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  7. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Can someone tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WlDEPutin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ks70ev/can_someone_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrAgentSam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikxxr2/can_someone_please_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  9. Can someone tell me what's going on with these services with weird numbers/letters after them?

Can someone tell me what's going on with these services with weird numbers/letters after them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/trasherkult [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dym4ys/can_someone_tell_me_whats_going_on_with_these/
  10. Service request # 1477067873. Can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME GET A RECEIPT AND THE SERVICE.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service request # 1477067873. Can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME GET A RECEIPT AND THE SERVICE.: I purchased a one time service this morning. for technical support. Service request # 1477067873. I have received no receipt or service and can't reach anyone to help me. Microsoft debited my bank account this morning for the service. This is outrageous. Please call me at...