Windows 10: Can someone tell me how to set up Text to Speech ?

Discus and support Can someone tell me how to set up Text to Speech ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having surgery next week and won't be able to use my left arm for a few months. Wynona suggested I look into Text to Speech . How can I set this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by purplelover, May 11, 2017.

1. Can someone tell me how to set up Text to Speech ?

I am having surgery next week and won't be able to use my left arm for a few months. Wynona suggested I look into Text to Speech . How can I set this up on gmail and AOL email?

Thanks in advance.

:)

purplelover, May 11, 2017

2. Redundant text to speech settings in Windows 10 Control Panel and Settings

Was using text-to-speech in Word 2016 on Windows 10 OS. Wanted to speed up the voice. Made changes in Settings/Time & Language/Speech/Text-to-Speech. This had no effect on voice/speed of text-to-speech in Word. Went into Control Panel/Ease of Access/Speech
    Recognition/Text to Speech and modified the voice speed there. It worked.

Can someone tell me the point/difference for the two text-to-speech settings? This is an annoying and confusing redundancy.

Jeffery Chapman, May 11, 2017
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    Please can someone tell me how to set an MP3 as my ringtone?

Hi JanetVarey,

Was Prof Julie's post helpful in helping you set a custom ringtone? Please let us know and we can continue to help you if you're still having trouble.

Regards,

Nate W.H., May 11, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Can someone tell me how to set up Text to Speech ?

You just have to train it with your voice. Helps to have a headset mic than trying to use your computer mic.

bro67, May 11, 2017
  5. Can someone tell me how to set up Text to Speech ? [​IMG]

I found this page. I want to learn how to dictate emails and text here from my laptop. . Don't see anything like what I need here. What else can I try?

purplelover, May 11, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    You have to train it then use it. Nuance would be the best if you plan for using it long term after. The error rate is higher with text to speech because of how everyone speaks differently and ambient noise with certain types of mic's make it harder to keep a perfect dictation score, which has always been a problem when taking dictation to text.

I have shoulder issues and use a arm cushion pocket with a mouse mad area on top for a Logitech Master Pro mouse. I have the speed turned up so that I do not have to travel far when making movements.

bro67, May 11, 2017
  7. Bro67"You have to train it then use it. Nuance would be the best if you plan for using it long term after. The error rate is higher with text to speech because of how everyone speaks differently and ambient noise with certain types of mic's make it harder to keep a perfect dictation score, which has always been a problem when taking dictation to text.
    I have shoulder issues and use a arm cushion pocket with a mouse mad area on top for a Logitech Master Pro mouse. I have the speed turned up so that I do not have to travel far when making movements."

I will definitely look up Nuance. Thanks for the tip.
    Where do I find "arm cushion pocket with a mouse pad area on top for a Logitech Master Pro mouse." Have never seen one of those. This would be GREAT!!!!!

I have looked for the Master Pro Mouse I am finding "Logitech's Performance Mouse MX $100. is this it??? Looks expensive but I like the way it cradles your hand. Do you have a link for yours?

Master Pro Mouse - AOL Image Search Results

Sure hope I can get all these things before Thursday so I can still use the computer.

Can someone tell me how to set up Text to Speech ? [​IMG]

purplelover, May 12, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Costs come to not being a factor when you still need a computer for daily use. While healing, try using the Clay Ice pack to help keep your shoulder iced and set a timer to remind you to take a break. I have my good days and bad. If my shoulder starts hurting, I honestly will say that I use my iPhone for posting. I have yet to see any type of medication help with my shoulder and lower back problems.

Just be careful if they give you Gabapentin or Tramadol. Try to restrict only at bed time and when you start hitting those long spikes of more than two hours were rest and ice may not help. Tylenol 500mg still helps when nothing else will. I have started with the Charlotte's Web CBD Oil capsules. It has only been a week, so still not seeing full effect on my back issues, but has started to help with joint arthritis problems.

bro67, May 13, 2017
  9. bro67

I found Dragon Naturally speaking for $59 locally

I still need you to send a pic or tell me where to get that arm cushion pocket with a mouse pad area on top for a Logitech Master Pro mouse.

Hoping I can find the Mouse locally. I am running out of time.

Just be careful if they give you Gabapentin or Tramadol. Try to restrict only at bed time and when you start hitting those long spikes of more than two hours were rest and ice may not help.

Could you explain that please? I take Gabapentin for nerve pain for my Diabetes 600mg 3T a day. Did you have Rotator Cuff Surgery too? I can't imagine Tylenol ( I have had 300mg) working for the extreme pain I will have after surgery. This the 2nd RC Surgery on my shoulder. They had me on Norco. DR. said he will send me home with a pain pack? It is outpatient surgery. I will research the Charlotte's Web CBD Oil capsules

Can't wait to get the Mouse, the Dragon Naturally Speaking, and the
    arm cushion pocket with a mouse pad area .

Thanks so much for helping me..... Eileen*Thumbs

purplelover, May 14, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    This is the mouse pad/pocket what I use with the MX Mouse. I use a pad on it that has the gel hump for your wrist. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am taking the Gabbi for back issues. I only take it when the weather starts to mess with me and causing pain that Tylenol 500 mg will not help. Just do not try and over do it while on rest. I have days that it is really bad because of the shoulder which was caused by wrestling in our ship weight area. My right shoulder stayed on the mat and my body rotated to the left, which caused me to pull that tendon and acts up when I hyperextend my arm if I have to constantly reach to type of use a mouse that is not on my armrest on my couch.

bro67, May 15, 2017
  11. So sorry about your shoulder. Nothing they could do to fix your tendon? OUCH!

I got the mouse today at Best Buy for $69. It was $99 regular price! Woo Hoo!!

Also picked up a microphone with a headphone. Hope it's easy to hook up so I don't have to use the computer Mic.
    Going to get the Dragon Speak set up tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help. I will check out the mouse pad/pocket too.
    Have a great night.

purplelover, May 15, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    No problem. It took me a few years to get a good setup. Also it does help to place a pillow behind your back at your shoulders when sitting on the couch or in a chair. It is basically baby steps when it comes to finding a good comfort combo.

bro67, May 16, 2017
  13. Can someone tell me how to set up Text to Speech ?

Pillow behind shoulders is another good idea. Wonder if I can get it behind me with my sling on after surgery. Thanks Again

purplelover, May 16, 2017
  14. bro67 Win User
    I use a "CPAP" Pillow. It has a larger sized hump and a smaller one. I use the larger to "hook" it over the back. It is harder to do with a office chair if not a high back.

bro67, May 16, 2017
  15. I have sleep Apnea, never heard of a cpap pillow. Tomorrow is the big day, I'll be back when I can.

purplelover, May 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Can someone tell me how to set up Text to Speech ? - Similar Threads - someone tell set

2. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  3. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  4. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can someone tell me is this true?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone tell me is this true?: I have got this problem.First I tried to login my gmail using this laptop.But here was the resultSo I tried using avast to solve this issue.But this was the result.Were these true?Is the hacker hacked mine?Please help me....
  6. Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IEatBeansXD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnxufb/can_someone_please_tell_me_how_to_fix_this_problem/
  7. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShadowsOf_TheirEyes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld4ke7/can_someone_please_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Can someone tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WlDEPutin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ks70ev/can_someone_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  9. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrAgentSam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikxxr2/can_someone_please_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  10. Can someone tell me about ASUS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can someone tell me about ASUS?: I am looking at Laptops and so far the ASUS is the lowest priced I can find. Can someone tell me about ASUS and if they are any good? 76713