Windows 10: Can someone tell me the difference between all these Win 10 versions ?

Discus and support Can someone tell me the difference between all these Win 10 versions ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My DreamSpark account shows all these versions of Windows 10 I can download and activate and I am not sure what the difference is between the EDU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by N9NU, Jul 28, 2015.

1. N9NU Win User

Can someone tell me the difference between all these Win 10 versions ?

Hi

My DreamSpark account shows all these versions of Windows 10 I can download and activate and I am not sure what the difference is between the EDU and the N and the regular versions....let alone the rest. Does someone know what 'Multiple Editions' refers to (Home & Pro 32/64 maybe ??)

I have three vouchers or activation keys I can use, but I have not downloaded any of them as I don't know the differences yet. I will use on on my GamePC (fresh install) for GAMING only. I only care about Direct X 12 *Smile Other than that, the other two I will use to (1) upgrade a Win 8.1 Box and (2) for a fresh install on a new Homebrew PC just for kix...along with homework I guess) ...otherwise it's Linux baby *Cool

Waubonsee Community College - Business and Information Systems - DreamSpark Premium

Windows 10 EDU
    Windows 10 (Multiple Editions)
    Windows 10 EDU N
    Windows 10 N (Multiple Editions)
    Windows 10 (Multiple Editions) Debug/Checked
    Windows 10 Features on Demand
    Windows 10 IoT Core for MinnowBoard MAX
    Windows 10 IoT Core for Raspberry Pi 2
    Windows 10 Language Interface Pack
    Windows 10 Language Pack
    Windows 10 N (Multiple Editions) Debug/Checked
    Windows 10 Symbols
    Windows 10 Symbols Debug/Checked

Thank You

Tim Dickerson
    ARS
    ARRL - AEC | OES | VEC De Kalb County, IL

Below is what is shows for the System Requirements/Information...the same for all of the above:

Tim

:)

2. Can someone tell me what these are all about!

Hi Have 178 applications. I know that's a lot of bloatware, but it isn't bothering me. When it does I'll uninstall it LOL! Is that what Reliability Monitor is showing every day??
    Can someone tell me the difference between all these Win 10 versions ? [​IMG]

garybear89, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Can someone tell me what these are all about!

Can someone tell me the difference between all these Win 10 versions ? [​IMG]

Hi Can someone tell me what these 160 Successful Application Configured up entries are all about. I get them every day.

I'm not having any problems as you can see my Reliability Monitor is almost error free except for one IE failed to load error. I'm just curious about these and wondering what they are all about.

Thank you!

gb89

garybear89, Jul 28, 2015
  4. TheZeeMan Win User

I could be wrong, but from all my research (I work w/ developers so we have to figure out what each version does), basically anything with N is a version that DOES NOT have Windows Media Player, Camera, Music, TV & Movies and the Skype app.

Multiple editions ONLY have Home and Professional in it.

The education version is ONLY for educational purposes, but its enterprise and in a volume license form, meaning retail keys will not work with it. I've yet to confirm if KMS works with it as we don't get our KMS key until Aug. 1st.

Everything else is more or less for developers/enterprises and/or other countries. If you are just gaming, use the multiple version and install either home or professional. I haven't had a chance to compare both versions so I am unsure of the differences.

TheZeeMan, Jul 28, 2015
  5. N9NU Win User
    Hi

Okay. Thank you for the advice. I will start out with the GamePC fresh Install first and then dive into the others when I learn more.

So the EDU packages are a variation of the Enterprise SKU and utilize the VLK activation method. Got it.

Will continue to research as well

Tnx

Tim

6. LMiller7 Win User
    As mentioned, the N versions are missing the media applications. This was a requirement of the European Union for sale in these countries. The applications can be downloaded free if desired. This dates back to Vista.

LMiller7, Jul 28, 2015
  7. N9NU Win User
    Hi

Okay on the N versions. I thought that's what it was way back when...you didn't get Media Player. No biggie for me here. Since I have three vouchers I will start by downloading the Multi Edition version 64 Bit for my GamePC.

Here is a question. If you have a legit activation key for any of the OS's that are eligible for the upgrade (say Windows 8.1), does that OS have to be installed on a machine physically in order to get the free upgrade OR can you just download the Win 10 ISO from MS via the ISO media creator page and use the Win 8.1 key while trying to activate Win 10.....as if it would check with MS servers and recognize it being a legit key for 8.1 and thus recognize it's validity and then allow you to continue with Win 10. Hope that makes sense...lol.

8. PAFOS Win User

Here is my experience
    I had several systems running all legit RETAIL and activated installations both 64 bit Win 8.1 Pro and Win 7 home premium
    Because my broadband speed was very low (rural area) I decided to download the two ISO's with the appropriate correct version using the Media Creation Tool then produce two installation DVD's.
    I decided to upgrade the Win 8.1 systems first so from the running win 8.1 system I ran the setup.exe file and installation of WIN 10 went through its procedures with 100% results and ended up with a fully activated Win 10 system with the ability to revert back to Win 8.1 if I wanted to.
    Having had success with that I then went on to upgrade my Win 7 HP systems. This is where trouble started for ME. Running the setup.exe file again but his time asked me for a product key but rejected the legit Win 7 product key ( with no option to skip) when entered, as of course being an upgrade, I had no Win 10 key. Tried again on my other Win 7 systems with the same result. I asked around many forums etc. (including this one) without a meaningful answer so I decided to do the upgrade directly from the Media Creation Tool but this time telling it to "upgrade this PC" which it then proceeded to do again 100% without asking for any product keys. I ended up with once again full activated Win 10 Home installation.
    I have no idea why upgrading from a legit activated Win 7 installation insists on a product key which no one has for an upgrade.

PAFOS, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, it has to be installed and upgraded, you can't do a clean install until after you upgrade and activate on that computer.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can someone tell me the difference between all these Win 10 versions ? - Similar Threads - someone tell difference

2. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  3. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  4. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pls someone tell me this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pls someone tell me this: Hello guys i searching for fortnite android isuddenly misclick a fake ads link.. am i getting hacked im panicking right now pls help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pls-someone-tell-me-this/19bdbb20-49a6-4f14-bb38-98bec0d411e7
  6. Can someone tell me is this true?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone tell me is this true?: I have got this problem.First I tried to login my gmail using this laptop.But here was the resultSo I tried using avast to solve this issue.But this was the result.Were these true?Is the hacker hacked mine?Please help me....
  7. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WlDEPutin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ks70ev/can_someone_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Can someone tell me the difference between "Reset This PC" and using USB-Media Installation...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me the difference between "Reset This PC" and using USB-Media Installation...: The title is clear enough. I want to know the difference. submitted by /u/IAmNoSherlock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpdg6r/can_someone_tell_me_the_difference_between_reset/
  9. difference between version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    difference between version of windows 10: may I ask u a favor. Please, let me know. does someone know the difference between windows 10 English us and English uk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-version-of-windows-10/8433eca5-e43f-46bd-b029-9f8fa5325eec
  10. Can someone tell me about ASUS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can someone tell me about ASUS?: I am looking at Laptops and so far the ASUS is the lowest priced I can find. Can someone tell me about ASUS and if they are any good? 76713